The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Free State Vapor closed for good :(

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by firephly, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. firephly

firephly Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2013
    CA
    from an email: Closed

Dear Free State Vapor Customer,

Free State Vapor has decided to close its doors. Changes within the company made the choice to close FSV down inevitable.

We appreciate all of our customers and wonderful relationships we have had the pleasure building over the past three years.

Being apart of the vaping community has been a exciting and rewarding experience. I personally have grown a lot and have learned more then expected being on the FSV Team.

Because of the circumstances surrounding the shutting down of FSV, there will be no "going out of business" sale.

Thank you for all your support.

Karly

2. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    delete
    I was thinking of a different company

3. aquafina

aquafina Full Member

May 1, 2014
    New York
    So is it closed? Or is it not? I am confused lol.

4. firephly

Sep 22, 2013
    CA
    Yes it is closed

5. glointhedark

glointhedark Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    Antelope, CA, USA
    I was sorry to get the email announcement. We only ordered from them once, a few months ago, since they are above our usual price range, but we really enjoyed their eliquids, and I was looking forward to having them for "special treats" for holidays, birthdays, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Glinda

Glinda Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    Sad news. There are- rather were- two companies that I ordered from exclusively since I started vaping a few years ago. FSV was one of them, and they created 3 of my top 5 favorite flavors. I'm going to be indulging in the ones I have left a lot less. Imagining my world without Ala Modus Operandi, Lady in Lavender, and Hibiscus, Pear & Ginger in it is kinda strange.

Oh, well. I wish them the very best in whatever new directions they choose to take.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jrenae4

jrenae4 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2013
    ES, MD
    I'm so sorry firephly I know you loved them!

• Like Like x 3
  8. firephly

Sep 22, 2013
    CA
    I wish I'd have stocked up before they closed! I loved the Nilsson! I wonder what happened, it was so sudden....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Woofer
    This message by Woofer has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Aug 11, 2016, Reason: Knock off the trolling.
    Aug 10, 2016
  10. Jdurand

Jdurand Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Maybe you could email them one more time to see if they will give up some recipes, so you can try to mix those favorites yourself

• Like Like x 2
  11. Glinda

Glinda Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    I e-mailed them about the possibility of teaching a very basic DIY class a few weeks before they closed because like the rest of us, I was concerned about the FDA's deeming, and I'd been worried about it's impact on our ability to acquire our favorite e-liquids by mail. I figured teaching a class was a good way for them to make some decent $ as well, so it would be a potential win for everyone involved. I never got a reply.

The weekend they went MIA just before closing, I heard from other FSV fans that their e-mails had been going unanswered too.

Unanswered messages, a subtly vague allusion to a break down within the organization in the final message loyal customers received, and the disappearance of one of the owners in my FB friend list...yeah, I take it all as a big hint to not even bother emailing for help with recipes. If we want an approximation of any of our old faves, we're going to have to figure them out for ourselves. FSV as a unit has definitely moved on. Oh, well.

• Like Like x 2
  12. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I was just telling someone about them today and thought I'd google in hopes the truth had been revealed as to why they closed. No such luck.

No final sale? Crap. I was racking up points with them. Loved their butter rum. They were Definately in my top. Open Souce closed about a week earlier. Both my favs are gone.

Who else is there? I've been drooling at the Vape Kitchen. Anyone else?

• Like Like x 1
  13. David W415

David W415 New Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Does anyone know what I should do if I had a $50 credit from a Father's Day gift certificate my son bought?
    I posted the question on FB and Matt who worked there in shipping recognized my name from shipping to me frequently said they would probably send checks to people with credit in their accounts, but nothing yet.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

14. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    I would pursue thru your contacts at the site. I'm sure if they are honest people they will go to their records and send you back your money. I suspect there are others in your situation, and usually part of closing a business is "wrapping up loose ends" such as this.

Sounds like they had a major partnership meltdown or something.

If you dont' get anywhere then you can always contact states attorney general who may have a long list of creditors "waiting in line" depending on how the circumstances of the closing happened.

I did that once, and did get a check in the mail about 2 years later. :lol:

15. firephly

Sep 22, 2013
    CA
    Try contacting them on reddit overview for FreestateVapor (you'll have to make a reddit account to send them a private message)

Or on here Free State Vapor - Premium E liquid

Serendipity Vaping carries their line, maybe ask if they have contact info: Free State Vapor E Liquid - Serendipity Vaping, LLC

• Like Like x 1
  16. aikanae1

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I notice their FB page and other sites are gone.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

17. aikanae1

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    The Vape Kitchen is having a sale now. That's the closest I've found for a replacement.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

18. Angiebubs
    This message by Angiebubs has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 28, 2016, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Oct 28, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.