Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekn0ph1sh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
Florida
I just received my first order from Freedom Smoke USA. After being disappointed by Johnson's Creek I decided to order sample sizes of a bunch of new flavors to see if I could find a new favorite. My old one was the JC Tennessee Cured but apparently they have changed their formula and (IMO) all their juices taste almost exactly the same and are a bit overpriced.

So onward to the Freedom Smoke USA 16 Flavor Salute which will be done in parts because I want to clean my atomizers between each flavor to eliminate ghosting and I only have 6 atomizers so it will be done in 5 parts.

Equipment:
2 Joytech 510 Manuals from Rocky Mountain Vapor.
2 Boge 510 Manuals from Madvapes
2 Boge 510 Automatics from Madvapes
Both companies I would highly recommend for their customer service.
On all the manual batteries I am using the Fluval mod for my cartridges.
On the Automatics...stock cartridges (Fluval tends to leak a bit and I am worried about shorting out my batteries).

I ordered 15 samples from Freedom smoke and they sent me 16 so that was a pleasant bonus.

I ordered on late in the day Saturday and received my order on Thursday. So it was about 2 days shipping. There was a weekend and a holiday in there to contend with. Great shipping speed and turnaround.

David emailed several times with the status of my order. He notified me when it was packaged and shipped. Awesome communication.

Overall I would give Freedom Smoke USA a 10/10 for the ordering experience, price and shipping. I would highly recommend this company to my friends and family and definitely will order from them again in the future.

juice reviews:
All the juices were 24mg 50/50 blends 3ml size bottles.

Wyatt Earp Cowboy Blend

The Wyatt Earp Cowboy Blend has a pretty good throat hit and clouds of vapor. It has a forward taste of Tobacco and notes of cherry with a dark chocolate finish that unifies the overall flavor on the exhale. It is a sweet taste that reminds me of eating a dark chocolate cherry cordial. Or smoking cherry pipe tobacco. The flavor strength is strong, almost overpowering until you get used to it. (but since this is my first taste of the USA juice and I only have JC and nasty kit cartridges to compare it to I may change my opinion of the strength as I work my way through the rest of the salute.)

I would order this one again but I'm not sure about it becoming my everyday vape. However it was very tasty and reminded me a lot of Djarum cherry clove analogues.

Summary:
Throat Hit 8/10 where a 10 would be matches an analogue.
Vapor 9
Flavor 8
Flavor Str 9
Overall 8.5

Applewood

Applewood is smoooooooth. It has a very subtle taste and is very mild on your throat. Apple forward taste that is pretty much continuous through the exhale. It really doesn't change much. It is kind of like chewing on apple pulp after it has been juiced. I might want to try it with double flavor. However I like it as is and could see it becoming an everyday vape. I haven't been too thrilled with fruit flavors. I have tried Cherry and Peach Pie. This is not an overpowering sickly sweet fruity flavor but more of an even tasting mellow vape. This is definitely worth trying. I can take a straight pull directly into my lungs and barely feel it which I can't say the same of any 24mg juice I have tried so far. My only concern is that I might vape it too much! LOL! I will definitely order this again.

Summary:

Throat Hit 3
Vapor 9
Flavor 8
Flavor Str 5
Overall 9

Almond Joy

Almond Joy doesn't taste anything like the candy. I think it tastes more like a slightly sweet buttered popcorn movie theater style when they used coconut oil in the poppers. Its not bad by any means its just not what I expected. But then again popcorn can be somewhat nutty in flavor. The closest flavor approximation I can come up with is Jelly Bellies buttered popcorn jelly beans. Its pretty tasty but not what I was expecting. Needs a bit more salt... ;) .

Summary:

Throat Hit 3
Vapor 9
Flavor 6
Flavor Str 8
Overall 6 ...not because its bad, just not what I was expecting.

American Spirit

American Spirit has a forward tobacco flavor with notes of chocolate and mesquite or maybe hickory and a slightly smokey finish. It is a pretty even vape. It's not sweet, bitter, acrid or chemical tasting. It is pretty close to smoking an actual analogue minus a lot of the heat and throat hit. If you want more throat hit I would probably go for an 80/20 PG/VG ratio. Its probably one of the best straight tobacco flavors I have come across. However the flavor is kind of weak. It is very mild. Maybe it will be better after it has steeped a bit.

Summary:

Throat Hit 3
Vapor 9
Flavor 6
Flavor Str 5
Overall 7

RY4

RY4 has a caramel forward flavor with notes of toffee, chocolate and a hint of tobacco after taste. It is very sweet and very tasty. I haven't tried any other companies versions of it until now. Wow I really wish I had. It is soooo good. Clouds of Vapor and a pretty good throat hit. I think I have found a new favorite but I do have a bunch of other flavors left to try. Highly recommended. I definitely will buy this one again.

Summary:

Throat Hit 7
Vapor 9
Flavor 9
Flavor Str 9
Overall 9

So thats it for this evening. I am out of clean atomizers. I probably should have cleaned them all. More to follow.

So far my favorites are RY4, Applewood, and Wyatt Earp.

Happy vaping
Tekn0

Thin Mint Cookie
Peanut Butter Cup
Wins/Ton
RY5
Menthol Ultra
HopScotch
Maple Walnut
Ginger Bread Cookie
Cherry Cola - Lo Lo Lo Lo La Lola
Caramel Cinnamon Bun
Fuzzy Navel

Last edited:

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
Try asking them for a splash of flavor in your juice. There is also a drop down menu that includes many flavors but not all. I noticed I like their juice a lot but it could be a tad stronger. So I cant wait for the order I placed with a splash of flavor to see how much stronger it is and see if it's perfect. I'm sure it will be.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
The American Spirit flavor does weaken as time goes on (as it steeps), but on its first day or two, it's simply amazing. Some extra flavor added to it would prolong its flavor consistency after its steep time.

I've noticed this change in flavor strength with a few of FSUSA's liquids. After a month, the flavor is pretty weak. My big bottle of RY4 is the only flavor so far that has maintained its strength for the most part. The others have faded considerably.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
That's strange. I've noticed the exact opposite. The flavors seem to strengthen the longer I have them. What flavors faded?

The American Spirit flavor does weaken as time goes on (as it steeps), but on its first day or two, it's simply amazing. Some extra flavor added to it would prolong its flavor consistency after its steep time.

I've noticed this change in flavor strength with a few of FSUSA's liquids. After a month, the flavor is pretty weak. My big bottle of RY4 is the only flavor so far that has maintained its strength for the most part. The others have faded considerably.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Ya I've noticed the same thing also a change in flavors for the better.

Exactly... I've been vaping Hopscotch since yesterday (received an hour earlier in the mail). It's so good now that I can't imagine how it will taste in a week or so! The same thing with the RY5. I've been vaping it for about a week and it comes getting better each day! :)

Tekn0ph1sh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
Florida
Think the review is going to be a bit delayed. In the past 2 days I have pulled a 17hr day and a 14 hour day. Surprisingly I made it through on a brand new cartridge of Applewood (Managed to squeeze 21 drops into a cartridge) and a single manual battery on my 510. The flavor just ran out around 11p. Definitely a good all day vape. Peace hope to try more flavors soon. And yes I totally agree the flavor seemed to have gotten stronger today. Quite odd.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Me too! I have never noticed flavor fading. All of my flavors (and I have a ton) are even better after a month. The flavors have always been better and deeper not weaker at all.

Also The almond joy will taste exactly like an almond joy after a week or so. I love that stuff!

I don't think that I can ever wait a month for my favorite flavors. :unsure: What I really need to start doing is buying in advance. Actually, now that I think about it, that's what I did with my last order of RY4. I'm down to about 10 ml. of it, and have a new 120 ml. bottle waiting for me to open it (about two weeks old). So it won't be a month, but at least it's been sitting a couple of weeks.

By the way, I got in my new 60 ml. of vanilla yesterday. It doesn't need to steep at all. Already tastes awesome (same with the peach).

I can't stop vaping the hopscotch. It's so good! I think I'm going to order another 60 ml. bottle today. I've also got to order the caramel cream.

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
RY4

RY4 has a caramel forward flavor with notes of toffee, chocolate and a hint of tobacco after taste. It is very sweet and very tasty. I haven't tried any other companies versions of it until now. Wow I really wish I had. It is soooo good. Clouds of Vapor and a pretty good throat hit. I think I have found a new favorite but I do have a bunch of other flavors left to try. Highly recommended. I definitely will buy this one again.

Summary:

Throat Hit 7
Vapor 9
Flavor 9
Flavor Str 9
Overall 9

I would actually recommend not getting RY-4 from anyone but FSUSA. I have FSUSA RY-4 and love it also, but I had some from another place (not got name names) before I got the FSUSA version and it was so disgusting I had to mix a couple other flavors in it just to make it vapable.

PS- In my experiences adding some coffee flavor to a not so good tobacco flavor (or even just a small amount to one that is good) is quite tasty.

Last edited:

eruelas

Jul 23, 2010
California
Please don't forget to do a review on the Ginger Bread Cookie, I order it around two weeks ago with some other flavors, and it's the only one that tastes a little weird, I want to know if its just me. I got a sample of their Wyatt Earp at 24mg, it is really good, I agree completely with your review, but unfortunately it was too much nic for me.

Thanks for your review.

Tekn0ph1sh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
Florida
Thin Mint Cookie

Thin Mint Cookie has a mint forward taste with hints of chocolate and cookie. It is pretty close to actually eating the real thing. It would probably make a decent menthol replacement but its not as chilly as a menthol. It has a pretty even taste. Vapor production is good. Throat hit is ok but has a cool minty feel with it as well. It has the potential of being a regular vape.

Summary:

Throat Hit 5
Vapor 8
Flavor 8
Flavor Str 8
Overall 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread