FreedomSmokeUSA Dissatisfied Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCSKLLZ

Aug 16, 2010
Los Angeles
I think this email covers both juice review from FS USA and FS USA customer service, I decided to put this in it's entirety because I am trying to be fair. I only left out my last name and my emaill address for privacy. My main purpose in posting this is to highlight to possible new customers to FS USA to understand what happens if you are not happy with your ejuice order. I believe I have a very valid point about their policies.

I felt I was being fair. Also my wife stated the same thing about the flavors when she tried them with no input from me other than to see what her reaction would be upon tasting them. I know there are several FS USA lovers here and I am glad your experience has been good but judging by their response to me and my dissatisfaction with my order, my wife and i won't be ordering from them again.

Interesting how his first line back below is to call me a complainer (that's good customer service). Also I guess he never makes mistakes since he does all the mixing (godly). I am sure there are some sellers that will return bad ejuice (See Plantgirl post here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/requests-opinions-reviews/100284-survey-return-policies.html) I am sure there are more postings like those around the net and even if most don't take exchange by policy, I know there are business owners that care to what their customers experience may be and will provide some type of cosolidation to satisfy the customer.

Here is the email trail for your information (you need to read from bottom to top below to follow thread correctly):

----- Original Message -----
To: "freedomsmokeusa" <freedomsmokeusa@freedomsmokeusa.com>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 7:53 AM
Subject: RE: EXTERNAL:Re: Ejuice Order

Ok, so no consolation at all huh? Unfortunate as I am looking for an
E-Juice store to be a loyal customer to but customer satisfaction needs
to be at the top of the list.

By the way I tried the last 2 flavors and the Almond Joy tastes nothing
like it at all, no chocolate flavor whatsoever or even a hint of coconut
just tastes like very slight tobacco with no flavor. Also the last one
the Butterscotch Almond was the only one to even have a slight hint of
sweetness, again tastes nothing like butterscotch or almond. Notice a
pattern on all 3 of the 4 flavors? Slight tobacco, little to no flavor
(other than RY4 which is heavy but not good tasting).

I based my order on favorites that others had stated were delicious in
different forums, so my only assumption can be that whoever mixed mine
did not mix them properly.

It would stand to reason that if I were a business owner I would want to
see if the product may have been improperly created and maybe the
customer is right, if that were the case I would test the returned
product myself and if customer was correct I would ship them a
replacement product and check my products before shipping in the future
to provide consistent quality products and minimize returns or
unsatisfied customers.

That would be impossible in the scenario where you the business owner
doesn't even make any effort to check that the customer may be correct
and the only way you could do that is to check the product you sent me.

No worries and no more orders from me, I am a proponent of reviews and
will post my experience so others can be aware of my experience not a
threat of any kind just fyi.

Lastly please take a look at your own "Conditions of Use" and "Shipping
& Returns" nowhere does it state E-Juice no returns, it only states
"Product" and whether it is under "Opened Merchandise" or "Defective
Products" (which is where I believe my E-Juice falls under) they both
state "CAN" be returned so realistically you should take this product
back and replace it for free as it states on your own website or ignore
my order and edit your policy to add such fact so that it is clear to
the consumer.

I'll be interested to see what action you pursue...

Thank You for listening to an unsatisfied customer.

----- Original Message -----
To: <freedomsmokeusa@freedomsmokeusa.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2010 11:38 AM
Subject: Ejuice Order

Hi,

My name is Sam and I just received my ejuice order.

I put 2ml of Peanut Butter 6mg ejuice in a new Mega Ego Cartomizer and
it
has little to no taste, it has no peanut butter taste at all only a
slight
tobacco flavor.

I then put 2ml of RY4 6mg in another new Mega Ego Cartomizer and it
tastes
terrible, mostly tobacco flavor I really dislike it.

They both have a tobacco flavor which the peanut butter shouldn't have
but
the RY4 tastes like it has 12mg or more of nicotine. I have not tried
the
Almond Joy or the Butterscotch yet but will let you know when I do.

I would like to return the peanut butter and the RY4 and replace with
other
flavors if possible or please inform me of any other option available...

Thank You

-----------------------
Sam

Last edited by a moderator:

jjrose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Mississippi
How long have you been vaping? I couldn't taste much of anything for the first couple of weeks, and what I did taste was bad.

Maybe if you set them aside for a week or so, you will be able to taste them.
I have yet to find a juice vendor who will accept returns, I wish I had, because it would have saved me tons of money finding the ones I like.

Try the PIF thread a lot of people love FSUSA.

scubasteve25

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
texas
exactly, i got some vapor station juices, and i only bought them on a recommendation from some people here in the forums and i hate them.... all of them except rush are unvapeble in my opinion, i even sent a couple out already in PIF to people new to vaping and just want some juice. but some people seem to like what he makes, im not gonna give the guy a bad review just cause i hated it, FSUSA has a huge following here on ECF so perhaps your juice was bad, but nobody takes returns on juice

PCSKLLZ

Aug 16, 2010
Los Angeles
I have been vaping for over 6 months, in fact I started vaping with GreenSmoke but after dissatisfied experience there I went to EJoye Ego and have never looked back. On ejuice i have tried Velvet Vapors, Cignot, Pure Smoker and a couple of others so I believe I have given many flavors a chance and found some good ones from different sites but what hasn't happened is an entire order being subpar hence why I asked for some kind of concession.

PCSKLLZ

Aug 16, 2010
Los Angeles
Have you considered getting some extra concentrated flavourings to top it up to your own taste?
If I am paying for ejuice why should I have to add flavor to something I purchased that should already have that flavoring? I understand you suggest to bring it up to what i might be looking for but in this case it had little to no flavor.

tarazarr

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2010
Texas
FSUSA isn't for everyone. I placed an order for a sweet sampler of 5 each 10ml bottles and a second order for Wyatt Earp. When it arrived I tried the Wyatt Earp first and loved it.. when I ran out I started trying the sweet flavors I'd recieved, to be honest I didn't like any of them, they were bland at best to nasty unvapable at worst for me.

I had already placed a second order by this time for 120 ml of the Wyatt Earp before trying the sweet flavors and to be honest I was afraid maybe something had changed and the Wyatt Earp that was on the way wouldn't be near as good as the first batch. When I recieved the second order of Wyatt Earp it was just as good as the first batch. Now don't get me wrong I do like sweet flavors too, but FSUSA's sweet flavors just don't do it for me.

I accept that juices aren't returnable for health reasons and so I never asked, but I'll stick to what I like from them and realize that any vendor and maybe every vendor out there is going to have juice I won't care for, it's just how it goes. You have to find a flavor you like, from a vendor who's juices are consistent and stick with them or be ok with the risk of trying new flavors and not liking them. My limited experience with FSUSA's customer service has been outstanding...

And I do really like the Wyatt Earp flavor and as long as it stay's consistant, it will be a favorite flavor and I have no problem continuing to re-order Wyatt Earp ...Please don't change the formula.....

Last edited:

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
EVERYONE has different tastes what you may not like I might love.
So its really not fair to make such a bad review.
I have some from here I love and some I don't like also but that's the way it is with juice.
Just my opinion.

I have to agree with them that you might have tried a flavor you might have not liked. I love their juices and the only one I disliked was the ginger because of the floating oil that gave my atomizer a foul taste. Skullfreak, a review is a review so no one should be talked down though because this section is a review thread.

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
If I am paying for ejuice why should I have to add flavor to something I purchased that should already have that flavoring? I understand you suggest to bring it up to what i might be looking for but in this case it had little to no flavor.

I was merely suggesting that some like it strong and others like it subtle. I like a 15% mix but others can't taste at less than 20%. Totally Wicked does concentrates for just such occasions. It would be asking a lot to expect any supplier to do varying taste strengths off the shelf, it is more a 'one size fits all' arrangement.
I would suggest that you ask David to do your juice a little stronger, i'm sure he is willing to help wherever he can to make people happy.
In fact I think you will find it difficult to find another supplier that is willing to customise orders to the individual customer's satisfaction. All it takes is an pre-order e-mail :)
I ordered the fireball and chocolate banana and it was nice. Agreed not overly strong, but pleasant. Certainly vapable.

DLite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
CA
www.vapealiciousjuice.com
I know from my experience with them that at first when you get the order the juices wont taste the greatest until you let them steep for a week or two. I had an RY4 that I tried when it first arrived and hated but tried a week or so later and fell in love with it so maybe try them after a couple weeks. The flavors tend to pop the more they steep.
Also I wouldnt say they have bad cust service because they wont take back the juice you dont like, if every juice vendor took back every juice everyone hated when they tried it they would go out of business and not be able to make any money. You just have to find a vendor's sweet juice you like and stick too it vaping is a search and find experience but when you find it your set but dont knock someone because you dont like certain flavors. Everyone is going to have different recipes for their juices and they all wont taste the exact same. You just have to find what you like and stick with it and be aware that ordering new juices from different vendors will not be the same as what you like

Last edited:

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
First I have to ask what good is a review section if anybody who says anything detrimental about a juice is jumped on? It ceases to have any meaning other than cheerleading for whatever juice vendor is in vogue at the moment.

It's almost gotten to be like the 'emperor has no clothes' sort of thing, where most of us are afraid to say anything negative about a juice since everybody is going to be all over them like white on rice or leave the reader thinking there's something wrong with them because they don't think the juice everybody else is raving about is all that good.

Yes, I agree that flavor is subjective. But if we don't let people freely express their subjective feelings on a juice, what is the point of an e-juice review board? Everything else would simply fall in the review of suppliers board at that point, since if you can't talk about the juice because it's subjective, all that's left is the service.

AprilRain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2009
Oklahoma City
I haven't ever purchased juice from this particular company but it sounds like they mix them up fresh for each order. I have bought from other companies that do the same and I've found that I almost always need to let it sit and ripen before it tastes good....and then it tastes really, REALLY good. Creamy flavors and chocolate can take even longer to develop the true flavor. I suggest you let them sit for a couple weeks and try them again. You will probably be pleasantly surprised.

jjrose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Mississippi
First I have to ask what good is a review section if anybody who says anything detrimental about a juice is jumped on? It ceases to have any meaning other than cheerleading for whatever juice vendor is in vogue at the moment.

It's almost gotten to be like the 'emperor has no clothes' sort of thing, where most of us are afraid to say anything negative about a juice since everybody is going to be all over them like white on rice or leave the reader thinking there's something wrong with them because they don't think the juice everybody else is raving about is all that good.

Yes, I agree that flavor is subjective. But if we don't let people freely express their subjective feelings on a juice, what is the point of an e-juice review board? Everything else would simply fall in the review of suppliers board at that point, since if you can't talk about the juice because it's subjective, all that's left is the service.

I haven't seen anyone "jumping on" the OP. Most of the posts are offering help.
We all know juice taste is subjective, and that new fresh mixed juice needs to steep.
I read the original post with both sides of the e-mail conversation, and didn't see where David was being unreasonable. I have yet to find a vendor that will take back juice because a person doesn't like it.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I haven't seen anyone "jumping on" the OP. Most of the posts are offering help.
We all know juice taste is subjective, and that new fresh mixed juice needs to steep.
I read the original post with both sides of the e-mail conversation, and didn't see where David was being unreasonable. I have yet to find a vendor that will take back juice because a person doesn't like it.

I guess I'm missing something, then. It just seems that there is little value in an e-liquid review board if anyone who posts anything negative about a handful of the providers is going to be told that: A) Let the juices steep; B) Your tastebuds are off; C) Everybody likes different things; D) That's life.

Nobody tries to rein in someone posting a rave review to tell them that it's just their experience and everybody's taste buds are different. Why is it done with negative reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread