FreedomSmokeUSA Dissatisfied Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
I think the smart thing to do on all initial orders is to only get small sizes or samples if available. That saves you lots of headaches and money. Then if something ain't quite right, let them know your thoughts with the promise you'll buy more from them when they get it like you want (and you really SHOULD). Why would a vendor refuse that strategy? It's worked for me at least.

Read his email, thats not the strategy that he took. He was just overly demanding and kind of confrontational. I wouldn't want his business.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I tend to think that 90% says let it steep at least a week because they read that somewhere here and it made the person sound like a juice expert, and so they thought that they would regurjitate the same advice hoping they too would sound like and expert as well. When everyone was saying that, then some felt the need to differentiate themselves from the pack by adding things like "I leave it open in a cool dark room to fully mature" in hopes that advice like this will become the new "let it steep for a week" expert method... Personally I think if it taste like azz on day one, it will taste the same 3 weeks later, refridgerated will only make it taste like cold azz at best. LOL

I couldn't disagree more, but I'm guessing that won't make much of a difference to you.

Satharra

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2010
Middle TN
I couldn't disagree more, but I'm guessing that won't make much of a difference to you.

Yeah, wouldn't bother arguing it, Shanagan. Maybe one day they'll try it with a particularly strong juice and find out that we're not all hallucinating.

Or, maybe, just maybe, they'll start to question why wine and some hard liquors need time to rest after fermentation is complete.

frisco

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
Asheville
First I have to ask what good is a review section if anybody who says anything detrimental about a juice is jumped on? It ceases to have any meaning other than cheerleading for whatever juice vendor is in vogue at the moment.

It's almost gotten to be like the 'emperor has no clothes' sort of thing, where most of us are afraid to say anything negative about a juice since everybody is going to be all over them like white on rice or leave the reader thinking there's something wrong with them because they don't think the juice everybody else is raving about is all that good.

Yes, I agree that flavor is subjective. But if we don't let people freely express their subjective feelings on a juice, what is the point of an e-juice review board? Everything else would simply fall in the review of suppliers board at that point, since if you can't talk about the juice because it's subjective, all that's left is the service.

I think all would have been well and good if he had simply given a negative review. I got this and this from FSUSA and it sucked! That would have been okay.

Aceyboogie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Sincity and the City of Angels
Juice does take some time for the flavor to mix thoroughly. From what I know about FSUSA, they make their juices to order, so they will need some time for the flavors to properly mix. I know that I've gotten some from them in the past that absolutely needed about week total time for them to "age" before they tasted like they should.

As far as the original poster goes....your attitude and smart ... comments tend to make me think there is more to this than you portray. Also, why didn't you order some sample sizes? I see you ordered 10ml from them, and I know FSUSA offers samples? You placed an order for 40ml of juices and expect to get your money back when you don't like them? We all know that taste is subjective and I think you only have yourself to blame for ordering such a large quantity when you had the option to be smart and order samples. And then trying to sell them in the classifieds for $5 a bottle (when each bottle is only 3/4 full as well)? That's more than FSUSA charges. Buyer beware.......

I totally concur, OP must be vendor/supplier who's just P.O'ed because fsusa is taking all of his or her business. OP is entitled to their opinion but come on.... read those emails. Why no responses from Dave or Pam and with all of those demands; sounds more like a diva. OP could have
just said the liquid sucks, but with all those snarky remarks.... There has to be more to this story.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
I totally concur, OP must be vendor/supplier who's just P.O'ed because fsusa is taking all of his or her business. OP is entitled to their opinion but come on.... read those emails. Why no responses from Dave or Pam and with all of those demands; sounds more like a diva. OP could have
just said the liquid sucks, but with all those snarky remarks.... There has to be more to this story.

True the emails were not formal. I remember when I had to formally contact vaporbomb on something like this but this is a little more informal that what I've seen. My advice would be just to try other flavors. For example, I ordered a large bach of flavors from strictlyejuice and I liked nothing from there because it's not pure in taste but rather chemically instead. Also, if you're going to review something review like a food critic just keep it polite and formal. Fruit flavors and tobacco flavors were ordered and none of them were good to my liking.

For Freedomsmokes, I ordered a batch and liked nearly everything but the ginger. Oil floating is about the only thing people need to watch out for. Been ordering from them ever since because of purity and taste. And yes... gives me that feeling such as that from smoking a cigarette or getting light headed :D

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
PCSKLLZ -

I have a good sized shipment comeing from them in the next couple of days. Most are all samples except for the Wyatt Erp which I ordered in 30ml.

I will try to remember to post my findings here. I also like full flavor. So Far, I have tried Tasty Vapor. I have 6 different juices, all 30 ml, because they do not offer samples there, but their juice is $15 for 30ml, and usually there are a couple on sale for $10 buck.

I will not say right now which of the six I dont like, as I am hopeful they richen with time, as they are still under a week old. But 4 of them I find flavorless.

So, here are the two that have load of flavor. If you like sweet, with lots of flavor, order Geoffs Blend with extra sweetner. You can also specify in your notes that you want it extra extra sweet. You will see the note on his website that there is a different ingred. he uses to make it extra extra sweet.

I guarantee you will like it. If you dont, PM me and I will buy it from you. It is a cross between banana nut bread and a cinnamon roll. The other one that is full flavor and vary sweet is cherry cola. Although I dont want another bottle of that just yet, so no guarantee on the cola one. But I am low on Geoffs Blend.

By the way, I called his cell phone to ask a question, left a message, and he called me back while on the road. I also sent two emails on status, and both were replied too within 24 hours. I placed my order on Wednesday, and he took it to the post office today. So I will have it 7-8 days from order date. So far , so good with me.

Pay it forward is very cool. Just wait until you see something you like. Make sure to refresh often if it is busy. A way to get things you want, and getting rid of things you dont.

Cheers and Best wishes.

I agree that you should have the right to vent, but know that e-juice just cannot be returned. The retailer does have the right to concede if he wants. I never got to see the email from him, so Im assuming there was no honey in it, and only vinegar.

Aceyboogie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
I tend to think that 90% says let it steep at least a week because they read that somewhere here and it made the person sound like a juice expert, and so they thought that they would regurjitate the same advice hoping they too would sound like and expert as well. When everyone was saying that, then some felt the need to differentiate themselves from the pack by adding things like "I leave it open in a cool dark room to fully mature" in hopes that advice like this will become the new "let it steep for a week" expert method... Personally I think if it taste like azz on day one, it will taste the same 3 weeks later, refridgerated will only make it taste like cold azz at best. LOL

So does that then make you sir a juice expert??? Hold on.... I think I've awaken the JUNKIES

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Seriously... You order a pizza, it taste like crap. You leave the box open for an hour, still taste like crap. You throw it in the fridge, guess what... It still taste like crap.

I find that adding mayonnaise helps. :evil:

BTW, I'm mostly on the fence for "steeping". If it's a single flavoring agent diffused in PG/VG with nic, I suspect there's little affect. The analog in the world of cooking is that some recipes will taste slightly different after the flavors from the various ingredients have had time to marry. It wouldn't surprise me if this happens in e-juice, though I haven't noticed it as a significant thing.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
So does that then make you sir a juice expert??? Hold on.... I think I've awaken the JUNKIES

Acey - That's for sure! I've been watching this thread on and off today. I tried to offer a friendly suggestion but was criticized by tarazarr for doing so. I'm the one that allegedly said "leave in a cool dark room to fully mature." Although that's not exactly what I said, so I don't appreciate being quoted incorrectly. Whatever though...

Aceyboogie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Acey - That's for sure! I've been watching this thread on and off today. I tried to offer a friendly suggestion but was criticized by tarazarr for doing so. I'm the one that allegedly said "leave in a cool dark room to fully mature." Although that's not exactly what I said, so I don't appreciate being quoted incorrectly. Whatever though...

Vaporgal, people sometimes say things to make themselves "feel good", no worries though the junkies have your back.. Call me a fanboy but with 18 posts, there has to be a back story to this and the OP. like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a vendor/supplier hating on the success of fsusa. I don't necessarily like all of the fsusa liquids, but a lot of them I do like. I've hated liquids from other suppliers, but it never occurred to me to start a negative thread and gloat about it...

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Let me put something to rest, these according to the FS USA website they are pre-mixed not hand mixed. See below from their website or go look at their website yourself:

pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

I ordered from the "Flavors" and I believe "Specialties' so why would I need to steep an ejuice for a week to 2 weeks when they are pre-mixed per company website?

The Flavorings are pre mixed. Not the juice. Every single juice order is hand mixed at the time of order. You have probably not had to let any other juice steep because you may be buying premade juice that sits on a shelf until someone buys it. Already had plenty of steep time. I am another to add to the list of people that did not like my FSUSA juice on my first order until about a week later and then I loved it. If you purchase juice from any of the other vendors that make their juice fresh when ordered (VB, TV to name a few) you will certainly see the same value to letting the juice "steep".

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Vaporgal, people sometimes say things to make themselves "feel good", no worries though the junkies have your back.. Call me a fanboy but with 18 posts, there has to be a back story to this and the OP. like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a vendor/supplier hating on the success of fsusa. I don't necessarily like all of the fsusa liquids, but a lot of them I do like. I've hated liquids from other suppliers, but it never occurred to me to start a negative thread and gloat about it...

Acey - I entirely agree with your thoughts and think there is more to this story. If not, then I think it's very childish and immature to start a negative thread like this. Like you, I've hated liquids from other suppliers as well. They are popular though, and I refused to start a huge rant and criticize these suppliers. Instead, I just dumped the liquids and won't order from those suppliers again.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Not chiming in on whether or not FSUSA is good but would have to say that I understand what simplesins is saying and agree. Those that have been on the forum for awhile see the same pattern over and over and it gets old. Members shouldn't be afraid to post what their experiences are good or bad.

Remember that ECF made these companies what they are today and they are raking in the dough, our dough, in this new industry (I read something like 20,000 people per week are trading in their analogs for vaping!) We need to make them more accountable and use some of those profits to keep us safe and happy. I see opportunists popping up daily and I remember when many of the vendors first started out... humble I may add.

Now it seems ECF has turned into an advertising forum for their supporting vendors and no one dare say anything negative! Look at everyone's signature - not saying something about the member but free advertising for these suppliers. I refuse to advertise for any for-profit business. When I was new and did I soon took it down because of the way I was treated by a vendor that so many new members love.

I'm just tired of reading how so and so has the best juice by new vapers and being rude when someone differs with them. I strictly DIY now because even buying sample sizes to try a flavor does not guarantee their larger sizes will taste the same. They don't care... it's all about the money and do you really think they care about our safety? The flavorings from PA that most use because it's the cheapest has been inconsistent. Yet they (vendors in general not necessarily FSUSA) blame that on the flavoring supplier while still sending it out. If they really cared they wouldn't be buying from the cheapest but from the company that has the most consistent and safest (USP) flavorings.

FSUSA says all their ingredients are USP approved except the flavorings. Well some of the flavorings don't even carry the approval for human consumption (food grade) let alone USP, but hey, they're cheaper! And they are not the only successful company using these ingredients. Learn a little before acting like an expert.

BTW... in DIY the only flavors that improve much with melding are the creamy flavors. Many others will break down and lose flavor over time. So you may have a window of a couple of weeks with some flavors where it's at its prime if they use cheap ingredients.

I seldom rant but I've been wanting to say this for awhile and since simplesins had the courage to say something that gave me the courage. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread