Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Now it seems ECF has turned into an advertising forum for their supporting vendors and no one dare say anything negative!

Geez... I forgot I should shut this down because someone said something negative about a supplier!

Alzheimer's must be kicking in...:facepalm:

Edit: Yes, I am being snarky! :p

Last edited:

Edwv30

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Saint Augustine, Florida
Well said GoodDog. I will be honest...it is somewhat shocking to see all of the insults and personal attacks against a member who doesn't agree with the majority here. The OP received juice that he wasn't happy with and tried to contact the vendor to make things right before posting a "negative" review. He followed the correct procedure but continues to get bashed. I, for one, am glad that he let us know how he was treated...the same thing could happen to us. And...I have seen vendors refund\replace juices that members weren't happy with. I had an issue with some juices from BWB and Don was more than happy to listen to me and offered a replacement. The point is...he was willing to listen. That is great customer service.

Aceyboogie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Sincity and the City of Angels
Not chiming in on whether or not FSUSA is good but would have to say that I understand what simplesins is saying and agree. Those that have been on the forum for awhile see the same pattern over and over and it gets old. Members shouldn't be afraid to post what their experiences are good or bad.

Remember that ECF made these companies what they are today and they are raking in the dough, our dough, in this new industry (I read something like 20,000 people per week are trading in their analogs for vaping!) We need to make them more accountable and use some of those profits to keep us safe and happy. I see opportunists popping up daily and I remember when many of the vendors first started out... humble I may add.

Now it seems ECF has turned into an advertising forum for their supporting vendors and no one dare say anything negative! Look at everyone's signature - not saying something about the member but free advertising for these suppliers. I refuse to advertise for any for-profit business. When I was new and did I soon took it down because of the way I was treated by a vendor that so many new members love.

I'm just tired of reading how so and so has the best juice by new vapers and being rude when someone differs with them. I strictly DIY now because even buying sample sizes to try a flavor does not guarantee their larger sizes will taste the same. They don't care... it's all about the money and do you really think they care about our safety? The flavorings from PA that most use because it's the cheapest has been inconsistent. Yet they (vendors in general not necessarily FSUSA) blame that on the flavoring supplier while still sending it out. If they really cared they wouldn't be buying from the cheapest but from the company that has the most consistent and safest (USP) flavorings.

FSUSA says all their ingredients are USP approved except the flavorings. Well some of the flavorings don't even carry the approval for human consumption (food grade) let alone USP, but hey, they're cheaper! And they are not the only successful company using these ingredients. Learn a little before acting like an expert.

BTW... in DIY the only flavors that improve much with melding are the creamy flavors. Many others will break down and lose flavor over time. So you may have a window of a couple of weeks with some flavors where it's at its prime if they use cheap ingredients.

I seldom rant but I've been wanting to say this for awhile and since simplesins had the courage to say something that gave me the courage. :)

You do have some points, but reading the OP's "list of demands", is just absurd. Not all of us are skilled at DIY, we aren't good at cutting the nic nor do some of us have time to make up our own concoctions. FSUSA does this for us, they take into account your input and will mix it the way you want it. About the free advertising, I'm proud to have their banner as my sig, it's just like representing my favorite football team.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
Not chiming in on whether or not FSUSA is good but would have to say that I understand what simplesins is saying and agree. Those that have been on the forum for awhile see the same pattern over and over and it gets old. Members shouldn't be afraid to post what their experiences are good or bad.

I totally agree. The problem, at least with this guy, isn't that he's giving a fair review and saying he didn't like it. If anything, this post is in the wrong forum; it belongs in the Suppliers Review forum. The problem is that he's saying he got bad customer service because he didn't like their juice and didn't get his way. That kind of stuff is deserving of getting jumped on.

I also am tired of many things. I'm tired of the flowery reviews people give as if they are a tasting a $100 bottle of wine. I'm also tired of people jumping all over someone when they state they don't like a juice. But this guy's one purpose isn't to say he didn't like something, it's an attempt to smear someone's reputation because he didn't like something and then didn't get his way when he went crying to the supplier. Especially since he said he's been vaping for some time now, he should realize that not all juices taste the same to all people. But instead of ordering samples, he went ahead and ordered 40ml's of juice...and then wants his money back when he doesn't like it. The fault lies within, not with FSUSA.

Last edited:

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
Geez... I forgot I should shut this down because someone said something negative about a supplier!

Alzheimer's must be kicking in...:facepalm:

Edit: Yes, I am being snarky! :p

This really deserves to be moved to the Supplier Reviews. It's not a review of juice as much as it is a complaint/review of a vendor.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I think my biggest problem with negative reviews is that they tend to focus on flavor...

If someone posted a negative review about a juice because it was so runny and it leaked out of there atties, provided no vapor or TH at a reasonable mix... I suppose I could live with it better...

Flavor is subjective. Tastes like $#@^%@ isn't really useful...

There is more to review or comment on about the quality of a juice than the flavor alone.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
All of this isn't gonna matter when the FDA bans all of these "drug delivery devices" and juice. I'm just gonna start ordering any and all e-liquid and as many EM 510 LR attys that I can afford. Maybe then, I'll learn how to cut nic into my own homemade juice...

You're scaring me...

I just picked up another 10 atties and 150mls of juice and 2 more eGo batts!

tarazarr

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2010
Texas
I've experienced good customer service and very fast shipping from FSUSA. I've also received juice from them That had absolutely no resemblance of having a flavor anything remotely close to what was advertised. I chalked it up to personal liking and experience... No problem... Jumping on a guy and calling him a smart ... because he didn't like your bannered vendor is just typical fanboyism... And that's expected when forums become popularity contest...

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I agree Bahnzo that the OP could have handled it better than with the typical US American behavior. But that's not my point and this thread just provided the fuel to state my view.

Someone posting anything negative about a registered supplier on this forum anymore has to be brave enough to handle the myriad of attacks by "new" members mostly. Yeah, I have to laugh at some of the "flowery" positive reviews by someone that would think anything was good after being off burning tobacco a few weeks.

I look back at some of the suppliers I raved about in the beginning and wouldn't give them another dime now. I just think we need to make these suppliers work a little harder for their money... or ECF should charge them more to be a part of this community. Then the moderators could be paid for all their hard work. :p Seriously if I were a moderator it would be upsetting seeing all these vendors making so much off this forum and they have to put up with constant crap on a volunteer basis.

Satharra

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2010
Middle TN
FSUSA says all their ingredients are USP approved except the flavorings. Well some of the flavorings don't even carry the approval for human consumption (food grade) let alone USP, but hey, they're cheaper! And they are not the only successful company using these ingredients. Learn a little before acting like an expert.

Actually, they're using FlavourArt flavorings according to their site which are subject to the EU Flavour Regulations. The EU has, in the past, rejected several of our USDA approved food items because of high concentrations of carcinogenic or other harmful materials. From what I can tell of the EU regulations on supplements and the like, they're also quite a bit tougher on the ratios of harmful ingredients allowed than the USP.

One fine example is the USP approved PG made by Dow. This is not allowed as a multi-purpose food additive in the EU and is actually considered a Class E additive since it's a synthetic flavor and not a natural one.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Actually, they're using FlavourArt flavorings according to their site which are subject to the EU Flavour Regulations. The EU has, in the past, rejected several of our USDA approved food items because of high concentrations of carcinogenic or other harmful materials. From what I can tell of the EU regulations on supplements and the like, they're also quite a bit tougher on the ratios of harmful ingredients allowed than the USP.

One fine example is the USP approved PG made by Dow. This is not allowed as a multi-purpose food additive in the EU and is actually considered a Class E additive since it's a synthetic flavor and not a natural one.

If in fact ALL they use are FA then I apologize and my statement was incorrect. I was under the impression they also used another flavoring company in some of their mixes. Some of their flavors would indicate that because I don't see FA carrying all of them. Then they should say that ALL their ingredients are USP or equivalent, huh?

Please don't take this as bashing FSUSA. I have nothing against them and it's more the industry that I see being sloppy which will hurt us all with the FDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread