Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again everyone, glad your here for todays review of the Autopod 50 from Freemax, the title says it's a Pod but I consider this device to be more of an AIO device than a Pod system because of a couple things. #1 is size and #2 is weight, when you you put the Autopod 50 next the the best flavor Pod made as of this date which is also from Freemax you can see a big size difference and trust me a big weight difference also.

20200627_150211.jpg

As always before I give you my thoughts on this AIO lets get to know some of the features and details of the Autopod 50 a little bit first.

COLOR CHOICES

freemax_autopod50_pod_mod_kit_50w_colors.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE AUTOPOD 50

Autopod50-Kit-14.jpg

BREAKDOWN OF THE AUTOPOD 50

Autopod50-Kit-15.jpg

PARAMETERS

Autopod50-Kit-13.jpg

AUTOPOD 50 PROTECTIONS

Autopod50-Kit-22.jpg

INTERNAL 2000 mAH BATTERY

Autopod50-Kit-16.jpg

MENU

Autopod50-Kit-17.jpg

POD

Autopod50-Kit-19.jpg

FILLPORT AND AIRFLOW ADJUSTMENT ON COIL

Autopod50-Kit-18.jpg

DOUBLE MESH coils

Autopod50-Kit-21.jpg

TEA FIBER COTTON FM COILTECH 4.0

Autopod50-Kit-20.jpg

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

Opening up the Autopod 50 you are greeted with the device itself resting in a ribbon attached tray that when pulled up reveals another box that contains your warranty card, user manual, warning card, extra o-rings, extra coil and your type-c charging cable.

FREEMAX AUTOPOD 50 CONTENTS.jpg

The Autopod 50 comes to you with the 0.25Ω coil pre-installed and the extra coil they provide is a 0.5Ω. Both of these coils are fantastic for flavor with my favorite being the 0.25Ω coil.

FREEMAX AUTOPOD 50 AX2 MESH 0.25Ω ( 30-50 W ).jpg

0.5Ω DOUBLE MESH COIL

FREEMAX AUTOPOD 50 AX2 MESH 0.5Ω ( 15-35 W ).jpg

The Autopod 50 has such a classy appearance to it that I just looked it over for quite some time and was impressed with the almost seamless connection of the Pod to the device.

20200614_084249.jpg

The Pod itself is held in place with 3 very strong magnets that hold very well and because the connection of the Pod to the device is so seamless there is 0 movement of the Pod. Once the Pod is removed and turned over your blue fill port plug and the coil can be seen, a sticker needs to be removed from the bottom of the coil before using.

FREEMAX AUTOPOD 50 LARGE FILL SLOT.jpg

The Autopod 50 has true fully adjustable airflow that is controlled with a ring located on the bottom of the coil .

FREEMAX AUTOPOD 50 COIL AIRFLOW SELECTOR.jpg

The airflow intake slot is located at the top of the Pod itself.

FREEMAX AUTOPOD 50 AIRFLOW SLOT.jpg

Type-C charge port is located underneath the device along with venting holes. When I seen the charge port it really bummed me out, but I realized that the Pod can be pulled off and stood in the upright position without falling over and was happy once again. I understand why Freemax put the charge port there, they wanted a clean seamless appearance with the Autopod 50 and succeeded 100%.

FREEMAX AUTOPOD 50 TYPE - C CHARGE PORT AND VENTING HOLES.jpg

The buttons are nice and clicky and wattage adjustments are quick. There really is no menu to speak up except a vape time adjustment, puff counter clear adjustment , factory reset, battery info, chip version and exit . Nice and simple.

The flavor that these coils produce is phenomenal, the best flavor from a device of this size I've ever had, and the coil life is unbelievable also I lost count on the number of refills I've done but it's around 25 with no loss of flavor whatsoever. ( VERY IMPRESSED )

The screen is nice and bright with all the information you need nicely laid out.

FREEMAX AUTOPOD 50 SCREEN (2).jpg

PROS
    * FLAVOR FLAVOR FLAVOR
    * ATTRACTIVE
    * INSTANT FIRE
    * FULL AIRFLOW CONTROL
    * TEA FIBER COTTON COILS
    * TYPE- C
    * NO LEAK
    * ALMOST SEAMLESS
    * NO RATTLE
    * BRIGHT SCREEN
    * 2 AMP CHARGING ( DEAD TO FULL IN 80 MINUTES )
    * COIL LIFE
    * STRONG MAGNETS
    * ERGONOMIC
    * TRUE 2000 MAH BATTERY
    * DUEL MESH COILS

CONS
    * FINGERPRINT MAGNET
    * POD COULD BE CLEARER

As you could tell folks I'm really loving the new beauty from Freemax , I have never experienced flavor like this except for the Fireluke and Mesh-Pro tanks before. The color I was sent is gunmetal chrome and although it's a fingerprint magnet I just love the sharp deep look of it. Battery life has been very nice and coil life is outstanding not to mention I've had 0 leaks . All the color choices look nice and should make everyone happy. There's not much more to say other than this is a fantastic little device that mainly is a AIO because of weight ( no shirt pocket carry ). If you want a small attractive device that puts out flavor that is very very close to the Fireluke Tank RUN don't walk to get this wonderful device.

I would like to thank Jerry, Tina, Linda and Freemax for sending the Autopod 50 for review and also thank you to all the people viewing this review. I hope my review helped anyone thinking about purchasing the Autopod 50.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Great review Bob, I give much more weight to a review from you, someone I’ve seen on this forum for a very long time, than the professional reviewers scattered across YouTube. From the few AIO devices I’ve used, seeing the juice level seems to be my biggest problem. Having said that how is this device for seeing juice level when fully assembled?

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    The AX2 Mesh coils still use Tea Fiber Cotton and a new military grade SS904l mesh that they claim can take 30 to 40 fills, I think depending on your juice sweetness probably more than that. It's been a long time since I used the TX coils but if memory serves me right there as good or better.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    The AX2 Mesh coils still use Tea Fiber Cotton and a new military grade SS904l mesh that they claim can take 30 to 40 fills, I think depending on your juice sweetness probably more than that. It's been a long time since I used the TX coils but if memory serves me right there as good or better.

I use the TX3's in my Fireluke 2. I like them just as well if not better than the M Duals that I use in my Falcon King. They last a long time, and produce some excellent flavor. They use what they call Diamond Mesh in the TX3's, with Tea Fiber cotton. I can't wait to get the Autopod 50. I love the AIO form factor, and this looks right up my alley.

One thing I forgot to mention in the review is Freemax has a recommended setting that it sets the device in whenever the Pod is removed then reinstalled, remember it is a suggestion only.

Seems to be a feature several of the AIO kits have built in. I know most of mine have it. I don't mind it. If I want to change it to higher or lower wattage, it's no problem. Not as annoying as having to double press the fire button to activate my Drag X after it's been sitting for awhile. I still forget about it, and get an empty draw occasionally. :laugh:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review Bob, I give much more weight to a review from you, someone I’ve seen on this forum for a very long time, than the professional reviewers scattered across YouTube. From the few AIO devices I’ve used, seeing the juice level seems to be my biggest problem. Having said that how is this device for seeing juice level when fully assembled?
    Here's a couple of shots with a full Pod.

20200628_082655.jpg

20200628_083744.jpg

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Thank you for the pics Bob, that seems easier than most I’ve tried. I’d have to open it up or even remove the pod to see juice level. This one seems pretty easy and I’ll will be able to find out first hand because I have one on the way. It’s coming from China so it will be awhile but I’m pretty sure, based on what I’ve seen, I’m gonna love it. A removable battery would be better but you can’t always get everything you want and that’s the only con I can see against a bunch of pros.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Thanks for another very informative review Bob. This one is one I want too. I need to find a way to hide it from my other half lol. I'm liking the one I am using (you know which one) so my guess is that I will like this one even more.

One question, how many ml fit in the pod? It doesn't bother me in general as I always carry juice with me.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    Thanks for another very informative review Bob. This one is one I want too. I need to find a way to hide it from my other half lol. I'm liking the one I am using (you know which one) so my guess is that I will like this one even more.

One question, how many ml fit in the pod? It doesn't bother me in general as I always carry juice with me.

4ml in the pod. This thing is sharp, and I like Freemax products. If it tastes as good as my Fireluke 2, it's definitely a winner.

I sure wish they'd announce the winner of the contest.

• Agree
    Reactions: bigbob2322

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    4ml in the pod. This thing is sharp, and I like Freemax products. If it tastes as good as my Fireluke 2, it's definitely a winner.

I sure wish they'd announce the winner of the contest.

Cant wait for the announcement either, I think we need your clove lol. This one and the fireluke are in my list. Since the fireluke 2 takes the new coils, I need to see if it worth upgrading or just buy the Fireluke 2. Waiting on Bob's review on them.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    Cant wait for the announcement either, I think we need your clove lol. This one and the fireluke are in my list. Since the fireluke 2 takes the new coils, I need to see if it worth upgrading or just buy the Fireluke 2. Waiting on Bob's review on them.

Here ya go...
    4 leaf clover2.jpg
    fingers crossed.jpg
    fingers crossed.jpg
    fingers crossed.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread