hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It’s been a little while since my last review so let’s see if I can remember how to do this. I was sent the Freemax Gemm Pod kit for review from Freemax for the purpose of doing a fair review. I was sent the kit along with a spare pack of two pods. I’ve had this unit for approximately three weeks and feel that I have used it enough to give a fair review of its performance, features, and flaws. Let’s get started with what was include in the kit.

What’s in the box?

1*GEMM Pod mod

1*Gemm Pod With 1.0ohm Mesh Coil for MTL

1*Gemm Pod With 0.5ohm Mesh Coil for DTL

2*Replacement Silicon Plugs

1*USB Cable

1*User Manual

1*Warning Card

1*Warranty Card

upload_2020-1-26_10-38-41.jpg

I did include in the picture above the two pack of extra pods that were sent to me but they are not included in the kit. The kit does include two pods which are .5 and 1.0 ohm. The two small red pieces under the box are extra rubber plugs for the pods in case you break or tear one. The extra pods I received were both .5 ohm and I would assume that is how they will be packaged for sale rather than mixing a box with both resistances.

Specifications:

1. Size: 121*25*24mm

2. Colors: White, Black, Red, Blue

3. Max Output Power 25W

4. Built-in 1300mAh Battery

5. 510 Thread

6. Smart Working Wattage Adjustable By Clicking Firing Button 3 Times

7. Intuitive LED Indicator Light

8. Micro USB Port For Charging

9. Low Voltage Protection

10. Short Circuit Protection

11. Open Circuit Protection

12. High-Temp Protection

13. 10 Seconds Cut-Off

14. Low Resistance Protection

15. ---------------------------------------------

16. Material: PCTG

17. 2ML E-Juice Capacity

18. 2 Types Of Refillable Pods Available:

19. GEMM Pod With 0.5ohm SS904L Mesh Coil, 15-25W, Best: 20W, For Freebase E-Juice

20. GEMM Pod With 1.0ohm SS904L Mesh Coil, 12-15W, Best: 14W, For Nicotine Salts

21. Convenient Top E-Juice Refill Design

22. upload_2020-1-26_10-38-41.jpg

23. upload_2020-1-26_10-38-41.jpg

I would like to mention that one website that I looked at said that there were dual airflow slots in the pods. All four of the ones I received have only one airflow slot but it is plenty of airflow for my tastes on this unit.

The device itself is very lightweight at 67g. It has a 1300mah battery with four level indicators on the unit that are seen when the button is pressed. They are 100, 75, 50, and 25%. There are three available wattage settings that are changed by clicking the fire button three times.
    Coil resistance Soft(red) Medium(blue) Hard(green)

.5 ohm 15W 20W 25W

1.0 ohm 12W 14W 15W

The pods are a standard 510 thread and the airflow is fully adjustable just like most tanks out on the market today. I honestly didn’t notice a huge difference between the two different pods besides the vapor being warmer on the .5 ohm pod. I liked both pods on Medium setting but with different airflow settings. This unit is designed to be used with both freebase nicotine and nicotine salts. The wicking material is Tea Fiber cotton which seems to work very well. I did not experience any dry hits with either pod. The coil material is something new to me as I had not heard of using mesh ss904l stainless steel for coils before this. I did a little reading and this is what I found out about ss904l. “Alloy 904l is a super austenitic stainless steel that is designed for moderate to high corrosion resistance in a wide range of process environments. The combination of high chromium and nickel content, coupled with additions of molybdenum and copper, assure good to excellent corrosion resistance”. I have read that it’s supposed to provide longer lasting flavor as well as superior corrosion resistance as compare to ss316l. Is it really that much better? I honestly couldn’t tell the difference if they hadn’t told me.

Final Thoughts:

The Freemax Gemm Pod kit 25w is in my opinion a well performing pod kit. I have tried many pod devices and this one would be one of the better performing ones. I’m normally a restricted direct lung vaper but do use some mouth to lung devices and this one will do both which is a plus for me. I believe the body of the device is made of zinc but honestly feels like plastic to me. That really makes little difference to me although some might say that the plastic feel makes it seem cheap. It’s a pod device not a high end mod. The literature that came with the kit said that the pods can be refilled 20 times. I think that’s a little excessive. I would guess that 10-15 times would be more like it. The pods are basically a 510 disposable tank with full airflow adjustment. They are top fill and have a silicone plug on the top of the tank for filling. The kit included two extra plugs in case one is damaged or lost but the plug is attached to the tank while filling and I have not needed to replace one on any of the three pods I’ve been rotating.

I do like this device for the most part. I did experience some moisture under the tank on top of the battery unit. I honestly don’t know if it’s condensation or a little seepage but was never visible while using the device. Only when switching tanks did I notice moisture under the tank. I’m not a fan of red mods but my luck has been that manufacturers tend to send me a lot of red devices for review. One thing I don’t like at all on this unit is the decorative sticker on the back. I think it’s rather cheesy.

So, in closing, if you’re looking for a fairly inexpensive pod device that performs well in MTL and DTL in my opinion then this might very well be a good fit for you. I thank you for taking the time to read my review and will try my best to answer any questions you might have. Below is a link to the device if you would like to take a closer look.

https://www.freemaxvape.com/gemm-25w-pod-kit/

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Nice review, but the disposable tanks are a bit of a turn off for me.

I agree. However, a lot of pods are disposable. I think you could do a 28 or 30 gauge coil on an rda and continue to use the device once the tanks are no good. I tried an rda I had set up and was able to use it on the highest setting. It has standard 510 threads.

Reactions: dennism

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Nice review, but the disposable tanks are a bit of a turn off for me.
    Good job, Hitt! I agree with Dennism on meh to disposable pods, but they would work well for vacation or such. Nice that you could use a regular tank instead. I wish it was external battery.

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread