Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, today I present to you one of the latest FreeMax offers, it is an accessory for the Mods of the Marvos series. However, through a 510 adapter (sold separately) it can be installed on any Box mod. The Deck of Marvos Pod RTA can be regenerated with Mesh.

I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish the product. I hope that by the end of this reading you have understood this new Pod tank RTA and decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.

► Before starting, let's take a look at the main features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • 1. Freemax's first rebuildable Pod for Marvos series products
    • 2. Two-sided top airflow control
    • 3. Replaceable 810 Drip-Tip for DTL vaping needs
    • 4. V-groove design on the edge of the Drip-Tip (splash-proof)
    • 5. Compatible with both replaceable Mesh coil and wire coils (do-it-yourself)
    • 6. Spring loaded ceramic block to support the cotton
    • 7. Twist-lock design for easy building
    • 8. 3.5ml e-liquid capacity, lower refill system
    • 9. The powerful magnets guarantee a quick and perfect coupling with the mod

Enjoy the reading.

► Freemax Marvos Pod RTA; Packaging:
    The small box is in the FreeMax white / blue colors, on the front we find; The product name (Marvos RTA Pod), an image of the tank, the words "Compatible with all Marvos Series production", finally there are generic warnings.

On the back side we find; the packing list, scratch & Check, general warnings.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-2.jpg

In the remaining sides of the box are present; the address of Shenzhen FreeMax Technology CO., LTD, some social icons, a barcode, legal warnings, logos and trademarks.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-3.jpg

► Freemax Marvos Pod RTA; Packing List:
    • 1 * Marvos RTA Pod 3.5ml
    • 1 * Cotton Bag
    • 1 * 0.15Ω Mesh Coil (60W max)
    • 1 * 0.25Ω Mesh Coil (40W max)
    • 2 * sealing o-rings
    • 1 * Bending Tool for Mesh Coil
    • 1 * Phillips screwdriver
    • 2 * Phillips screws
    • 1 * User Manual

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-4.jpg

► Freemax Marvos Pod RTA; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: Φ27.0x42.5mm
    • Pod capacity: 3.5ml (standard version)
    • Drip-Tip: 810 replaceable
    • Type of filling: Bottom
    • Compatibility: With all Marvos devices

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-5.jpg

► Freemax Marvos Pod RTA; Introduction:
    As we all know, Freemax's Sub Ohm Tank and Pod-Tank series are widely recognized for the great performance of their long-lived Coils combined with innovative and sought-after absorbent materials in which FreeMax continues to invest and has always invested in research and development. The latest FreeMax devices of the Marvos line use Pod-Tank with circular design both in PCTG and in glass and on the occasion of the launch of the new Marvos S-80W a "base" with 510 connection was set up to house all the Sub Ohm Pod- Freemax Marvos Series Tank. What was missing from the completion of this super platform was a rebuildable Pod Tank with both Mesh and traditional spiral coils ... Now it's here, and it looks well built too.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-6.jpg

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-7.jpg

► Freemax Marvos Pod RTA; Compatibility:
    The new Pod RTA module uses a system with 4 powerful magnets to be inserted in the Mod Marvos 60W Kit and Marvos T80W Kit, and as I anticipated it can also be used by owners of Marvos 80 S Kit in 510 thread mode.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-8.jpg

In the image below we see Marvos Pod RTA in combination with Marvos 60W Mod.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-9.jpg

► Freemax Marvos Pod RTA; Bottom refill:
    To the bottom of Marvos Pod RTA are; an adjustable gold-plated pin, some laser lettering, the 4 already mentioned powerful circular magnets and a rubber pad that can be lifted for refill.

The tank has a capacity of 3.5ml of liquid (not many) and in place of the classic glass we find a semi-transparent surface made of Acrylic (it seems to me). This material was found to be quite robust as it brilliantly passed an (unwanted) tank drop test.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-10.jpg

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-11.jpg

► Freemax Marvos Pod RTA; Exploded view:
    This Tank is very easy to disassemble and clean, just 1/4 turn is enough to remove the base, then the acrylic tank is removed, and the drip-tip is extracted from the Top-Cap. in practice, the tank is made up of 4 elements.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-12.jpg

The Pod uses an 810 drip tip which has a "V" shaped internal groove on the top edge, to make it more resistant to e-liquid spitting.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-13.jpg

► Freemax Marvos Pod RTA; Top AFC:
    In the upper part of the Pod there is a knurled steel ring, the ring can adjust two opposing slots of 12x2mm, there are the comfortable rotation stops of the ring.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-14.jpg

The structure that incorporates the two opposing AFCs and the drip-tip, locks / unlocks quickly from the Deck through a 1/4 turn rotation, the so-called twist-lock design. In the photo below we see the two teeth inside the bell, which will grip the Deck.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-15.jpg

► Freemax Marvos Pod RTA; Deck:
    The Marvos Pod RTA Deck is compatible with both Mesh-Coils and classic Wire-Coils. The Deck has a spring loaded ceramic block to support the cotton, ensuring full contact between the cotton and the Mesh Coil. After loosening the two Phillips screws, I had some difficulty in keeping open the two skates that will house the Mesh or the Wire Coil (at your choice). In the event that you insert the supplied Mesh, due to the anomalous movement of the skates, a minimum of attention and calm is required in carrying out the operation.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-16.jpg

In the kit there is a hollow tube for bending the Mesh Coil and only two different Mesh Coils, one of 0.25Ω (40W max) and the other of 0.15Ω (60W max). The cotton supplied in the kit is pre-cut vertically, a very useful thing that allows you to select the right thickness of cotton to insert under the resistance.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-17.jpg

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-18.jpg

► Freemax Marvos Pod RTA; Vaping test and final conclusions:
    The sliding skates for inserting the coil have created some problems for me, in fact it takes a bit of practice to keep them open after unscrewing the screws and I think that if they had been spring loaded it would have been much better. Fortunately my Mesh regeneration was successful at the first try, this also to say that there are only two Meshes in the kit, I would have preferred to see some more Meshes supplied, also because everyone knows that the Mesh strips are very delicate and easy to destroy or warp while being handled, so not all users might be as lucky as me that I was able to do a perfect build on the first try. For the rest, the reserve supply is satisfactory, including the excellent pre-cut cotton.

Marvos Pod RTA has 3.5ml capacity which isn't much, but still acceptable. Marvos Pod RTA is well built with knurls in the right places and with an excellent anti spit 810 Drip-tip. I really appreciated the "twist-lock" quick opening system for cleaning and changing the Coil, however I would have expected a more transparent material (I think it is acrylic), but I must reiterate that when Marvos Pod RTA fell to the ground, I have thanked FreeMax that there was no glass, otherwise it would have broken, while this material has resisted to the bump proving to be quite robust.

The amount of airflow with the slots fully open is truly remarkable, so I adjusted the slots opening to less than 50% and found my ideal flow with both the 0.15Ω and 0.25Ω resistor. Both resistors are really reactive and allow you to vape at very low wattages, however to fully appreciate the flavor you need to push them close to the maximum power that FreeMax recommends not to exceed in order not to incur in "dry hits". The operation of the Marvos Pod RTA is exemplary, with the AFC system positioned high up it will not produce the best flavor but is still free from defects such as spitting or liquid leaks.

In conclusion there are some things that could be improved, however I believe that if you are the owner of a Marvos Mod, this is an accessory that cannot be missing.

Thanks to FreeMaxTech for sending me the sample for review.
    Marvos RTA Pod | Freemax - Taste the Clouds, Feel the Flavors!

Thanks for reading.

Freemax-Marvos-Mesh-Pod-RTA-19.jpg

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Nice review Frenk! I also ran into a slight snag with the small "catches" that didn't feel like they were notched correctly. Other than that, and the small tank, I thought they did quite a good job on this - also for it being their first RTA, and a mesh one at that. Performance wise, I thought it was spot on.

Edit: Oh, and I wish they would have added a 510 adapter to the kit.

Reactions: Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Nice review Frenk! I also ran into a slight snag with the small "catches" that didn't feel like they were notched correctly. Other than that, and the small tank, I thought they did quite a good job on this - also for it being their first RTA, and a mesh one at that. Performance wise, I thought it was spot on.

Edit: Oh, and I wish they would have added a 510 adapter to the kit.

Thank you.
    The solution; here by entering the code MS80 you can buy at an affordable price Marvos DTL Pod Tank with 510 adapter ($ 10.57) compatible with Marvos RTA Pod Mesh Prebuilt Wire Tank
    Search results for: 'Freemax Marvos DTL Pod Tank'

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread