Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Freemax Marvos rta Mesh Pod

uhH0u8T.png

OJng7EW.jpg

All photos were taken from Freemaxvape.com or by myself for the purpose of this review

Hello, and welcome back to another one of my reviews. We'll be taking a quick look at the Marvos rta Mesh Pod made by Freemax which is a rebuildable deck made specifically for the Marvos series. I'll save my remarks for the end of the review where I break things down a bit and give a general build tutorial for rebuildable mesh decks which I believe is key in avoiding common mistakes which prevent them from performing their best.

First off, I'll link a basic overview from Freemaxvape.com to give you a broad look at what you can expect from this rebuildable pod.

- Basic Overview -

Package Contents:

bLd79g4.jpg
    • Marvos RTA Pod (3.5 mL for Standard/US, 2 mL for TPD)
    • 6 mm Cotton Wick
    • User Manual
    • Accessories Package Containing:
    1. 0.15 Ohm Mesh Coil (personal recommendation @ 45-50W)
    2. 0.25 Ohm Mesh Coil (personal recommendation @ 40W)
    3. Set of O-rings (top and bottom of glass)
    4. Phillips Screwdriver
    5. Phillips Head Screws (2x)
    6. Coil Bending Tool
    Pod Tank Specs:

Lt4uQ3A.png
    • Dimensions: 27 mm diameter (in widest spot) * 42.5 mm height
    • Tank Capacity: 3.5 mL (for Standard & US) /TPD holds 2 mL
    Pod Compatibility:

957ouqK.png

This pod can be used directly in conjunction with the Marvos 60W, T, and 80W (2nd, 3rd, and far right mods shown above respectively). If you happened to have purchased or are planning on purchasing the Marvos S (far left in the picture above), this kit comes with a 510 adapter as part of the external 18650 Side-by-Side mod. The 510 adapter in the kit allows this pod to be used on any 510 compatible mod which is great if you're looking for a mod with higher battery capacity than a single 18650 battery. Unfortunately, the Marvos RTA Pod does not come with a 510 adapter, so a separate purchase of the Marvos DTL Pod Tank would be necessary to utilize this on a different mod. I would highly recommend the Marvos DTL Pod Tank and/or any of the kits listed above because the MS-series coils used in them are absolutely stellar in flavor and coil life. The Marvos RTA rebuildable pod just adds to the delight of this wonderful series and gives rebuilders the option to enjoy them while saving money.

Easy DIY:

GmyQg3A.png

Whether you're new to rebuilding or a veteran, this kit is very easy to get up and running. I'll be posting a build tutorial link below that's particular to this kit, but can also be used in general for most mesh rebuildable decks to optimize their performance.

Refilling:

Iwoc69R.png

The silicone refill plug is durable and easy to pull out and hold back while refilling. It's located on the bottom of the tank shown above which does mean the pod needs to be removed before refilling. However, this is rather painless and best of all, it's leak free!

Avoid Spitback:

mlTVjpp.png

The 810 Drip Tip is V-shaped, helping to prevent spitback from the coil. Nobody likes a mouth full of boiling vape juice on the inhale, which this drip tip does a wonderful job of preventing.

Dual Topside Airflow:

ZlZ448s.png

The airflow control ring is situated at the top more or less guaranteeing that no juice leaks from this pod. The airflow ranges from a true MTL when fully closed (not recommended if you don't want to cause flooding) to a very open and airy vape when fully open.

Strong Magnets:

UYoUdDk.png

The pod is held in with strong magnets to prevent it from popping out. You can pick a Marvos kit up by this RTA Pod without worry of the mod dropping however, I wouldn't shake it when doing this.

- Closer Look & Observations -

Cg3frJq.jpg

I only have a few gripes about this RTA Pod package. Assuming you already own the Marvos 60W, 80W, T, or S, everything you need comes in this package to use this RTA. The Marvos S however, is the only full kit that currently comes with a Marvos 510 adapter, which will be needed if you plan on using this RTA as a stand-alone atomizer on any 510 mod. You can also purchase the Marvos DTL Pod Tank as a cheaper option. Otherwise, this RTA pod works perfectly in any of the kits mentioned above as a pod. I hope they consider putting a 510 adapter in with this kit in the future for universal use of this wonderful RTA.

The only other thing I'd recommend, and this is maybe more of a preference, would be to make the tank slightly taller, and to have an available bubble glass (or PCTG) option for a larger tank volume than 3.5 mL. The look would resemble the popular Damn Vape Doom X Mesh RTA that holds a whopping 8 mL of juice. I feel like I'm constantly filling this RTA, but that's because most of the tanks I use are at least 5 mL, and I've been vaping this RTA like mad.

CbRMRkh.jpg

The Marvos RTA disassembles into 4 pieces; the 810 drip tip, the chamber cap, the deck, and the PCTG glass. The 810 drip tip (bottom left picture) is made of delrin and has two O-rings on it.

The top cap pictured in the bottom middle picture is where the drip tip is seated. It also has a clear O-ring itself, which seals the drip tip very well. I've noticed this more and more with newer atomizers and drip tips, they seem to seep vape moisture over time, often showing up as leaks between the drip tip and the top cap. Three O-rings should help prevent this. You can also use your own 810 drip tip if you so wish.

The bottom side of the deck shown in the bottom right picture contains the refill port covered by a silicone plug. The plug is quite durable, so no worries of it tearing off, and it's very easy to remove.

The tutorial link for wicking this particular mesh deck is posted here on imgur, but can be used for virtually all rebuildable mesh decks. I will keep this link up, so you are free to bookmark it for future reference if you're new to rebuildable mesh decks, or you think you might be interested in them down the road. Most mesh decks can also accommodate regular wire coils using the same clamps to secure the wire leads/legs. I heavily favor mesh decks simply for the available options in its versatility - dual coil is even possible with a creative mind.

UgA8p3y.jpg

One thing to note with this RTA when putting the chamber/cap on top of the deck when reassembling, is to make sure the studs or nipples shown in the right picture (there are 2 of them, directly across from one another) line up with the slots notched out in the deck. I had to sort of wiggle the cap back and forth a bit to get it to snap into these grooves.

o1AJVvh.jpg

The tank can be deceiving when looking in through the PCTG frosted plastic to see how much juice you have left. The picture on the left shows it sitting flat on my desk. The next picture to the right shows how much juice is in it when tipped to the side. And to the right of that, how much juice is actually left in the tank. When refilling this pod, tilt it at about a 45 degree angle with the refill hole rotated toward the top to get the best idea of how full the tank is. Otherwise, you'll find yourself thinking it's completely full, and then flipping it over to start vaping and realize you only filled it about 2/3 of the way.

pbyty2D.jpg

Lastly, from left to right, the pod seats nicely in the Marvos 60W pod mod; I can only assume it fits just as well in the Marvos 80W and T. If you've purchased the Marvos S kit, that gives you the 510 adapter shown in the second picture (the mod pictured here is the Freemax Maxus 100W). Popping it on and off of that is very convenient for refilling - no need to twist the atomizer off and on. I should note that on press-fit 510 connector plates (often noticeable by the lack of torx screws in the connector plate or on the side), the magnets on this RTA may stress the 510 connector pulling it off and on. I would suggest holding the 510 adapter with one hand while removing the pod with the other to alleviate this additional stress.

In the picture on the far right, you'll notice lots of air bubbles. Makes sure your tanks (all tanks) are producing these little bubbles. If they are not showing up when vaping and you start to get dry hits, that's a huge indication that capillary action is not taking place w/in the wick. Air needs to replace the juice you are vaporizing, or it will create suction preventing your juice from being wicked properly.

- Final Thoughts -
    I received the Marvos RTA in the same package I got the Freemax Maxus Max for review. I set up and wicked this pod about a week ago, and have been exclusively vaping on it. I'm a sucker for mesh decks, and this pod has turned out to be quite a gem. It performs as well or better (because there's absolutely no leaking) than many of the other mesh rebuildables I own such as the Vapefly Siegfried Mesh RTA (favorite mesh RTA), Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDTA, Exvape Expromizer, Damn Vape Doom X, Wotofo Profile PS, Oumier Wasp King, and GeekVape Zeus X Mesh (I think I'm forgetting a few). Anyway, my point being, this is a great performing mesh RTA. It's very simple to build, and as Freemax's first rebuildable mesh deck, I think they did an outstanding job on it.

I never got around to vaping the 0.15Ω mesh strip simply because the 0.25Ω strip is still going. I've vaped about 20-25 mL of juice through it so far, and the coil, wick, and flavor are showing now signs of decline. With the 0.25Ω coil, I've found the best flavor and airflow to my liking was vaping it at 40-45 Watts, with the airflow being between 1/3 and 1/2 open. On some of the more open airflow settings, I did notice a small tendency for there to be a bit of a whistle.

Pros:
    • Very smooth and great tasting vape
    • Easy to build on
    • Extremely fast ramp up time
    • Airflow ranges from a true MTL to a wide open DL vape (very rare)
    • No leaks - top airflow
    • Airflow ring is easy to move; possibly too easy to move
    • Drip tip is sealed nicely with 3 active O-rings
    • Drip tip is V-shaped preventing spitback
    • PCTG frosted plastic tank will easily withstand drops
    • Useable on Freemax pod mods & any 510 mods with 510 adapter
    • Pod magnets are quite strong, but pops in and out very easily
    • Comes with an additional set of O-rings, phillips head grub screws, phillips head driver, mesh coil, and 6 mm cotton
    • Mesh coils can be vaped at lower Wattages than round or wire coils meaning longer battery life
    • Juice level is fairly easy to see, even through the frosted PCTG plastic - tip upside down for a more accurate indication
    • Easy to disassemble/reassemble - not a lot of moving parts

Cons:
    • Doesn’t come with a 510 adapter
    • Airflow can be a tad bit whistly in its more open positions
    • No bubble glass available (limited to 3.5 mL)
    • Coil clamps are not spring-loaded which might prove to be more difficult to deal with for new mesh rebuilders

- Overall Rating -

Against other mesh rebuildables: 9
    (Only negative for me is the tank size)

Against other rebuildable decks: 9.5
    (I favor mesh decks simply for the outstanding flavor & versatility)

Concluding Comments:

I want to thank @Freemax_Jerry and the Freemax team for sending me this wonderful RTA. The entire Marvos line has impressed me, and this is no exception.

If you're new to mesh rebuildables, don't give up on them right away. There are a few tricks that are pertinent in getting the right vape, but after you hit the sweet spot, I think you will be hooked.

I hoped this review has helped you in some way. If you have questions, comments, or recommendations, please feel free to PM me or ask below. The Freemax Marvos RTA Pod can be purchased here on Freemaxvape.com as well as various other outlets.

Happy belated holidays, and may your resolutions stick if you made them. It's really a question of discipline. ;)

Stay off them stinkies.

Happy vape hoarding!
    :rickroll:

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good review. It sounds like you had a better time with this tank than I did. Mine had some issues that I'm going to blame for just getting a bad unit. Freemax is going to send another one to me in the next shipment so I can update my review.

Reactions: Z-Lee

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Good review. It sounds like you had a better time with this tank than I did. Mine had some issues that I'm going to blame for just getting a bad unit. Freemax is going to send another one to me in the next shipment so I can update my review.
    I noticed in your review that the clamps were not spring-loaded. They weren't on mine either, so I also fumbled a little bit on getting the coil clamped in. I pretty much opened them all the way out w/out letting the phillips heads fall out so that when I got the coil in the right spot, all I had to do was keep downward pressure on the coil while I screwed it back in. It's their first mesh rebuildable, so I'll let it slip. Hopefully they address this in future mesh decks.

I should probably add this to the "Cons" list.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I noticed in your review that the clamps were not spring-loaded. They weren't on mine either, so I also fumbled a little bit on getting the coil clamped in. I pretty much opened them all the way out w/out letting the phillips heads fall out so that when I got the coil in the right spot, all I had to do was keep downward pressure on the coil while I screwed it back in. It's their first mesh rebuildable, so I'll let it slip. Hopefully they address this in future mesh decks.

I should probably add this to the "Cons" list.

I was also getting intermittent atomizer short alerts with it and tried it on the 80s and the 60w.

Reactions: Z-Lee

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I was also getting intermittent atomizer short alerts with it and tried it on the 80s and the 60w.
    I've noticed with the pod kits, if you let the magnets "slap" the pod into place, it can create some really odd resistance readings. Wonder if this played a part in that.

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread