Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks and welcome back for today's review of the Marvos RTA Pod Atomizer by Freemax. The Marvos line of devices from Freemax have been great devices with Pod coils that are what we have all come to love from Freemax ,and that's the flavor they produce. The Marvos line now has a RTA that connects magnetically just as the pods that come in the kit do, it's a mesh strip RTA that can be used on any Marvos device.

COLOR CHOICE - SILVER ONLY

Freemax_Marvos_RTA_Pod_Mesh_RTA.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX

* 1pc Marvos RTA Pod 3.5ml

* 1pc Cotton

* 1pc 0.15ohm Mesh Coil(60W max)

* 1pc 0.25ohm Mesh Coil(40W max)

* 2pc Sealing Ring

* 1pc Bending Tool

* 1pc Screwdriver

* 2pc Phillips Head Screw

* 1pc User Manual

* 1pc Desiccant

Freemax_Marvos_RTA_Pod_Standard_Package.jpg

FEATURES

* First rebuildable pod of Freemax for Marvos series products

* Two-side & top airflow control

* Replaceable 810 drip tip for DTL vaping needs

* V-shaped groove design at the edge of the 810 drip tip

* Compatible with both replaceable mesh coil and DIY wires

* A spring-loaded ceramic block to support the cotton

* Twist-lock design for building easily

* 3.5ml e-liquid capacity, bottom refill system

* Strong magnets guarantee quick and perfect match with the mod

PARAMETERS / SPECIFICATIONS

* Size: 27.0*42.5mm

* Pod Capacity: 3.5ml(standard version)

* Drip Tip: Replaceable 810 drip tip

* Filling Type: Bottom filling

* Compatibility: Compatible with all Marvos products

Freemax_Marvos_RTA_Pod_Specifications.jpg

STRONG MAGNETIC CONNECTION

Freemax_Marvos_RTA_Pod_Strong_Magnets.jpg

WORKS ON ALL MARVOS DEVICES

Freemax_Marvos_RTA_Pod_for_Marvos_Kits.jpg

DUAL AIRFLOW SLOTS

Freemax_Marvos_RTA_Pod_Airflow.jpg

REPLACEABLE 810 DRIP TIP

Freemax_Marvos_RTA_Pod_810_Drip_Tip.jpg

BOTTOM FILL 3.5ML FROSTED POD

Freemax_Marvos_RTA_Pod_3.5ml.jpg

EASY BUILD DECK

Freemax_Marvos_RTA_Pod_Easy_to_build.jpg

pGxFDbv.jpg

Freemax_Marvos_RTA_Pod_Pictures.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging of the Marvos RTA Pod is very basic with the pod sitting in a plastic tray with everything that comes in the kit underneath the tray. The spare O-rings , 2 extra
    clamp screws, 2 pieces of mesh strips, cotton, tiny blue screwdriver, user manual and your warranty card.

How long has it been since seeing a blue screwdriver in a bag of extras, (anyway) the pod is a silver color because that's all that is offered right now with a frosted plastic globe that is in a bubble style, (LOOKS GOOD).

20220108_085558.jpg

Opening up the pod to see the build deck is done with a 1/4 turn revealing a clamp mount system that is not spring loaded although the ceramic block that the cotton sits on is.

Freemax went with a raised deck style , I could see a lot of tail thinning was going to be needed because of the size of the wick slots, they could have been larger but with some thinning they work just fine.

I disassembled the RTA and put it in a ultrasonic cleaner with hot water and Dawn dishwashing liquid. Here are the 4 individual pieces including the drip tip.

20220109_094926.jpg

Getting the Mesh strips to sit even was a bit of a chore because the clamps are not spring mounted which makes it easier to install the mesh strip.

After clamping the strip down it was time to glow the mesh strip just a little to burn off any oils remaining from manufacturing, set the wattage to 10 or 12 watts and just pulse the fire button a few times to get a small glow, that's all that's needed to dry burn the mesh strip, you want to see a nice even glow throughout the mesh.

20220109_113758.jpg

Using mesh is a totally different animal in a RTA than regular coils, getting a dry hit from mesh is actually painful so make sure every piece of the mesh strip makes contact with cotton, you really want to have more than you think you need, having a spring loaded ceramic block really helps in the wicking process.

Taper one end and put it through the bend of mesh, press down when pulling the cotton through, your tails should be about 1/2 mm past the base, after cutting at 1/2mm you will want to trim off the tail of excess cotton at a 45° angle, you may even have to trim further with angled cuts if the cotton wont slide in the wick slots easily ( never pack it in the slots ). A good rule of thumb is to paint the mesh and cotton tails thoroughly before putting the deck on the pod/tank. Remember a dry hit on mesh is ( PAINFUL )!!!

20220109_120115.jpg

20220109_120632.jpg

After the pod and deck are connected lift up the bottom fill plug and fill slowly, there is not a lot of room for your bottle tip inside the pod and the hole could have been made larger for more air to escape. Freemax also includes a quick start booklet for you that's in the box also.

20220109_165816.jpg

20220109_105723.jpg

One of my favorite mods in the Marvos line is the beautiful Marvos S and that's right where it sits now, I have tried both mesh strips and prefer the 0.25 just because it preserves battery life by not needing as much wattage, flavor is pretty much the same on both mesh strips ( very good ). If you wick this mesh RTA Pod correctly you can chain vape it with no problem as my bubbles show, It keeps up wonderfully.

20220109_122820.jpg

USING THE RTA POD ATOMIZER

It's nice to see Freemax come out with another RTA Atomizer and it's really nice this one works on all Marvos devices. Mesh styled RTA's are very flavorful but cotton rewicking takes place more than traditional coils so there not for everyone.

The Marvos RTA Pod has worked just fine for me and being able to chain vape it if wicked correctly is a big plus, it simply keeps up and always stays saturated with juice.

I have 2 cons for the RTA, airflow is very turbulent when airflow is wide openwith a bit of a whistle coming through. This is a very airy pod opened all the way, closing the airflow down to halfway is a big improvement in performance but the wooshy sound still remains.

The 2nd con is there is not much room to get your juice bottle tip in before it hits the outer barrel, being this close does not leave room for air to escape when filling so you must fill it slowly or the juice will back up. Being a bottom fill RTA could be a con for some but in this application I see no other option but bottom fill.

I would like to thank Tina and Freemax for providing the Marvos RTA Pod for the purpose of this review, I hope my review helped anyone looking to purchase one.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Reactions: Fredman1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread