Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Greetings my fellow vaperinos :)

Time for another review from yours truly,this time i will review the Freemax Marvos S 80W Kit which was sent by my friends over at sourcemore for the purposes of this review.

As per usual i will start with some nice pictures so you can get the quick low down on this kit:

Specs and features:

333333.png

Contents in the box:

111111.jpg

Colors to choose from:

2222222.png

coils for the pod:

444444.png

Specs:

-Size: 25.7 * 51.7 * 110.2mm
-Material: Zinc, stainless steel and leather
-Battery: 1x18650 (not included)
-Power: Max 80W
-Output Modes: VW, VPC, Bypass
-Screen: 0.9 inch TFT display
-Capacity: 4.5mlMesh
-Coil: 0.15Ω MS range 60-80WMesh Coil: 0.25Ω MS range 40-60W

Unboxing and first impressions:

Cute little box with everything neatly packed in,top tray you have your mod/pod then underneath a small box with the charging cable,spare coil and the instruction manual.

This is a small device unlike the ones i am use to using on a daily basis,it reminds me a lot of my first proper mod the Swag 80.

Despite being ''petite'' do not get the wrong idea,it feels strong,sturdy and well crafted,you can tell some thought went into designing and making this product.

Vaping time:

I couldn't wait to get this bad boy started,i fell in love with the Freemax's coils when i tried and reviewed the Maxus Max,nie juicy flavor with a full vape experience so yeah time to load it up.

As usual i primed the coils and let it sit in the pod for 15 minutes,it usually ends up being more because i load it up then kinda forget about it so really it's more like 30 or 45 minutes hehe.

The next 15 minutes were not AT ALL pleasurable,readings on the pre installed coil (0.15ohm) jumped around sooo much.
From a 0.25 and 0.28 ohms to a max of 0.31 ohms...hmm not a good start.

So i grabbed my ol' friend (Jackaroo) and put the pod in it,i got a decent 0.18 ohms.

Ok time to breath deep,put some Enya on to get back to a relaxed state and i will give it another try.

10 minutes more and i got it to 0.17 ohm...ok not bad but not perfect either.

Keep in mind this you fill this pod from the bottom so you have to remove the pod from the 510 base/adapter so you can refill it.

To get the mod to read the coil correctly i had to unscrew the pod and put it back on again,i had to turn off the mod and on again,then a combination of those 2...then i had to take off the pod without unscrewing the 510 base and then screwing it back again...
Multiple combinations so i would get the mod to read the coil correctly,i mean this isn't what these devices are supposed to deliver.

Most pod users choose these type of devices for the simplicity of just putting a coil in and you ready to vape but in this case well not so much,in the time it took me to get it started correctly i could have rewicked 3 RTA's and made myself a nice espresso.

Total use of the combo of mod and pod was about 2 days,to be honest it was just too much of a hassle to go thru it all to get it to read the correct ohms for the coil.

I have been using the pod on 2 of my other mods and i haven't had no issue whatsoever which leads me to believe it's an issue with the chip.

Apart from that (big issue,for me at least) i can't not like this little mod,granted i am thinking in general because size wise and screen placement makes it not good for me.

Let me elaborate a little bit,i am a lefty so holding it with my left hand brings up a couple of issues.
If i grab it the ''proper'' way the pod will be in top of the battery cap which just feels odd when lifting the mod to vape.

If i hold the mod where the pod is underneath the battery cap then the screen is covered with my hand so as a lefty a device like this just doesn't feel right.

Pod wise i have no complaints,i used it extensively during days without a problem.
I had no leaking whatsoever and the Freemax coils performed admirably thru all my vaping sessions.

Performance wise the pod delivered and greatly,aesthetics wise well to be honest i am not a fan of pods.
Not the performance of said mods but more the way they look on top of a beautiful mod like the Marvos S for example.

Cute and eye pleasing Black on Black with red stitching on the side but with a chunk of plastic on top,just doesn't do it for me.

Depending on your hand size you will find this mod to be perfect or maybe slightly on the smaller side.
For me it's the latter,if you have large hands like me the mod will feel small and the grip required to use it will just feel awkward.

PROS:

-Mod looks good
-Superb coils as we are use to with Freemax
-Good performance from the Pod
-Quality design and build
-Easy to use menu and features

CONS:

-Coil reading...not good,big con.
-If you're a lefty or have large hands this may no be the mod for you

Would i recommend this kit:

Users with normal size hands who aren't lefties?
Perhaps...if you can deal with the hassle of getting it read correctly the ohms of you coil sure go ahead,you will be happy with this kit.
Big handed lefties with not much patience?
Nah sorry can't recommend it.

As usual here you have a code in case you decide to acquire this product:

$30.99 - Freemax Marvos S 80W Kit $10.57 Tank
(same code)
Code:MS80

Thanks again to all my friends at Sourcemore for giving me the opportunity to review this atomizer.

Thanks for reading.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread