hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello my friends. I’m back today with another review for you for yet another kit in the Freemax Marvos line of devices. This time I will be doing my best to cover the Freemax Marvos X. This starter kit is what I call a pod mod kit. The Marvos X comes with a 5-100 watt mod that has a pod connection on top instead of a 510 connection and includes a 5ml pod that uses the MS series of coils that are made using the CoilTech 5.0 technology in order to provide a 50% increase in flavor production. The top cap for filling is childproof but can easily be filled by an adult or at least most adults anyway. I noticed in the specifications that this one has a maximum voltage output of 4.2v so it doesn’t have a boost chip but shouldn’t be an issue since it can only use the available coils that fit the pod. Anyway, let’s see what is included and check the specs and promotional images then I’ll give my thoughts on it.

ehkonR1.jpg

wBUbYsn.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1 x Marvos X 100W Box Mod

1 x Marvos Pod

1 x 0.15ohm MS-D Mesh Coils

1 x 0.25ohm MS-D Mesh Coils

1 x Type-C USB Cable

1 x Warning Card

1 x Warranty Card

1 x User Manuals

1 x Desiccant

98JqwF4.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Battery: Single 18650 Battery (not included)

Wattage Output Range: 5-100W

Voltage Output Range: 0.7-4.2V

Display: 0.96" OLED Display Screen

Vape Mode: Power/Smart/VPC/Bypass

E-juice Capacity: 5ml

837rXrN.jpg

FEATURES:

• Powered By A Single 18650 Battery (not included)

• Max 100W Output

• For Sub Ohm Vaping

• Power/Smart/VPC/Bypass Mode

• Compatible with Freemax MS-D Coil Series

• Zinc Alloy Construction

Battery (not included)

• Max 100W Output

• For Sub Ohm Vaping

• Power/Smart/VPC/Bypass Mode

• Compatible with Freemax MS-D Coil Series

• Zinc Alloy Construction

• 0.96" OLED Screen

• RGB Lighting Design

• 5ml Vape Juice

• Top Filling System

8IuTih8.jpg

I0GKX9l.jpg

nGhYqp3.jpg

vwrxja6.jpg

4dZwdrR.jpg

upload_2022-6-25_9-15-20.png

tQe1I7Y.jpg

upload_2022-6-25_9-18-6.png

ybqCH1V.jpg

X5de1dt.jpg

0JiS8FH.jpg

TmlI6PC.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Marvos X has very vibrant colors and really grabs your attention. The front of the box shows an engineering drawing of the Marvos X and lists a series of features such as FM CoilTech 5.0 and Full Spectrum Vaping which refers to the LED lighting on the mod. There is a sticker depicting the color of the device contained inside as well as the Marvos X name near the bottom. It’s labeled as a 100 watt kit but I’m a little confused by this since it uses 18650 batteries. The Hohmtech batteries I have are only rated for 73 watts on the wrapper.

The back side of the box gives a list of specifications, contents list, authenticity label, and company information.

upload_2022-6-25_9-22-36.png

upload_2022-6-25_9-22-53.png

Once the box is opened then the mod, tank, coils, and USB-C charging cable are visible. Also included are the user guide and warranty card.
    upload_2022-6-25_9-23-38.png

The pod tank included is the Marvos CRC Pod. The CRC Pod is ISO 8317 Child Resistant Certified. To fill the tank simply lift and slide the top cap to one side. It is marked where you need to slide it. It comes with an 810 drip tip with an o ring on it but there is also an o ring inside the top cap of the pod. I very much like that the CRC pod is clear so I can see the liquid level in any lighting condition. I thought it was kind of neat that you can see the blue top o rings on the coil while it is inserted into the top tube of the pod. At first I thought maybe I didn’t seat the coil properly but then realized the tube was clear like the outer shell of the pod. The CRC Pod tank allows a liquid capacity of 5ml.

The unit that I received is a review sample so it may be a little different from the retail version. Often times the review samples are built by a small team that usually doesn’t do the full production run. The pod tank has four magnets on the bottom and feel like it could use one or two more. It stays on the mod alright but when I lift the top cap to fill then it will sometimes pull the pod off the base. I feel like either the magnets need to be stronger or more of them. Also on the sample I received, the top cap has a little bit of a wiggle to it and there is a little bit of wiggle where it seats into the pod opening on the mod. I’m sure this will be corrected with the full production version.

upload_2022-6-25_9-24-30.png

upload_2022-6-25_9-24-47.png

The coils are simply pushed in place to seat in the pod tank. There aren’t any flats or anything to align on this one. The included coils are the MS-D .25 ohm coil rated for 30-50 watts and best at 45 watts. The second coil included is the MS Mesh .15 ohm coil rated for 60-80 watts and best at 75 watts. There are other coils in the MS series that are compatible and can be seen in my earlier pictures. These coils use the CoilTech 5.0/ Double-D technology for what they say is a 50% increase in flavor production. How do you measure that? I don’t know but what I do know is that just like most Freemax coils that I have tried, these coils provide exceptional flavor production. They bring out subtleties in the liquid that I used for testing that don’t come out with other coils. After all, who doesn’t like Double-D’s? Is that joke worn out yet?

upload_2022-6-25_9-25-40.png

upload_2022-6-25_9-25-57.png

Now let’s take a look at the Marvos X mod. The theme of this one is Full Spectrum Vaping. What that means is that the Marvos X is the first pod mod equipped with a fantastic lighting design that has 10 different lighting effects and multicolor and unicolor options. With this many options there is something for just about everyone. For those that don’t like lights on their mod, you can also turn them off.

The Marvos X 100W offers four output modes. They are Power, Smart, VPC, and Bypass. I think the majority of users like me just use Power mode on most mods. This one doesn’t have TC mode but really doesn’t need it. The smart mode is nice for beginners so that they don’t burn up their coils or get inferior performance.

The elaborate leather panel on the Marvos X is very nice in my opinion. I received the green version which I would normally not order that color but like it very much. The Marvos X name is stamped into the back of the leather and there are also vintage elements associated with Roman mythology stamped into the leather. There is also a light bar that wraps around the exterior of the leather if you choose to use the lighting.

upload_2022-6-25_9-27-49.png

The frame of the mod is made from zinc alloy and has a really nice design to it. On the front of the mod is see through so you can see the electronics inside. Also there are LED lights that go around the outside of the front side. That’s the full spectrum vaping that Freemax is talking about.

The front of the mod has the large fire button at the top followed by the .96” display screen, plus and minus buttons, USB-C charging port and near the bottom is the device lock switch. I’ve seen something similar on a few other mods and have to say I love that Freemax added this to their device. It makes it so much easier to just move a switch to lock the device before putting it in a pocket or purse than to try to remember the right button sequence all of the time.

The display shows the following information.

- Battery level indicator and Coil resistance

- Puff counter

- Output setting and mode of operation

- Output voltage under load

- The length of the current puff is shown while firing the mod and the display changes with the numbers as well as a scale that imitates a speedometer or something.

The button/ menu operation is as follows.

- Press the fire button 5X to turn the mod on/off

- Press the fire button and the – button to change the display color

- Press the fire button and the + button to change the LED if you have the lights turned on

- Press the + and – buttons to lock the wattage adjustment

- Press the fire button 3X to enter the menu system where you can choose between MODE, SET, and EXIT.

- Inside the MODE setting you can choose between the four modes which are POWER, SMART, VPC, and BYPASS.

- Inside the SET menu you can switch the THEME COLOR and can choose your LED settings or turn off the LED lights. You can also reset the PUFF COUNTER or reset the mod to factory settings in this sub menu.

- If you are using the SMART mode then you can press and hold the + and – buttons to automatically set the wattage to the highest setting and the words MAX POWER will display on the screen.

D7A7YHw.jpg

The top of the mod has the pod opening which has a pretty standard looking design with the two gold plated contacts for the coil and the metal ring around the outside that allows the pod magnets to have something to attach to and is secured by two torx head screws. The sample that I received seems a little over sized since the pod does move a little in the opening. The airflow adjustment is built into the pod opening and allows a very large amount of airflow. I never ran either coil more than 1/3 open.

The bottom of the mod simply has the Freemax name and Designed by Freemax printed on the bottom.

qWG8skl.jpg

IvOwJGy.jpg

The Marvos X has a C-frame design that I like very much instead of having the battery inserted from the bottom. The clear insert where the battery is inserted is illuminated when the lights are turned on. It is clearly marked with a plus and minus symbol on the plastic. The battery cover is held in place by two magnets and is very secure. I’ve experienced no movement with it.

I decided to use one of my Hohmtech batteries with this one since it is rated at a maximum of 104 watts. I do have a little bit of an issue with this mod being rated as a 100 watt mod while still using an 18650 battery. Even with a better battery I feel like you might get the 100 watt output but not for long. I would have felt better with this one stopping at 80 watts or even better if it had been able to use a 21700 battery. Honestly I would never run any mod at 100 watts because it just doesn’t match my vaping style. I think the highest I have ever run is 70-75 watts and that was just to test a review sample.

dPmGefK.jpg

KpUIWiY.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall I very much enjoyed testing the Freemax Marvos X 100W kit. It was no surprise that the flavor and vapor production was very good. I feel like Freemax is well known for its superior flavor production and this one was no different. I very much liked and preferred the .25 ohm coil and felt like it ran very well at the 45 watt setting with the airflow set at about ¼ open. I had about 500 puffs on it when I switched to the second coil and the flavor production was still very good. As a matter of fact I plan on putting that coil back in after my review testing is done. The .15 ohm coil had very good flavor also and for my tastes it ran very well at 60 watts with the airflow open to 1/3. However, with this coil I kept getting a strange vibration noise while puffing. It isn’t an airflow noise. It reminds me a little of the noise made when using a mod with frequency control. I honestly don’t know if it’s an electronics noise or the coil vibrating. What I do know is that it becomes a little annoying after a while and doesn’t make me want to use that coil long term.

Yes, there was a little movement in the top cap of the pod and a little movement in the pod opening but believe this will be corrected in the production models. If you like to tinker with gadgets and like LED lighting then this is definitely the one for you. It has so many different options that I can’t imagine you not finding a lighting setting that you like whether you want to pick a moving feature like the waterfall with different colors or want a solid color not moving or even if you don’t want any lights in a certain situation then you can turn it off.

I’d like to thank Freemax and Tina for sending the Freemax Marvos X 100W kit for this review. It has been a pleasure as usual. A great big thanks to the readers that made it all the way to the end of another one of my reviews. Below is a link to the website.

Marvos X 100W Kit | Taste the Clouds, Feel the Flavors! (freemaxvape.com)

wl85N3w.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Awesome review buddy :thumb:

Mine Freemax package still in the Netherlands,can't wait to give this kit and the solo a try,Freemax coils are just sooo tasty ;)

Thanks. You won’t be disappointed. The flavor with these is great like you’d expect.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Another nice review, hitt. :) It's a nice looking kit with a good capacity and I see it has a .5 coil. Even if I was willing to buy more coils the big downfall for me is no 510.

Thanks Fran! I understand. How many different coils can we stock?

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I try to get to bed at a somewhat normal time on weekends but tend to stay up a little later. We watched the new Dr. Strange movie on Disney last night. It was pretty good.

I also watched it recently and yeah i guess it was ok,but the stand up/eyes open/heart racing moment was when i saw John Krasinski as Reed Richards...wow wow wow did he look the part.

Now i only wish they made a F4 movie with Krasinski as Reed and Blunt as Sue Storm,then my life would be complete.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I also watched it recently and yeah i guess it was ok,but the stand up/eyes open/heart racing moment was when i saw John Krasinski as Reed Richards...wow wow wow did he look the part.

Now i only wish they made a F4 movie with Krasinski as Reed and Blunt as Sue Storm,then my life would be complete.

I thought when scarlet witch beat captain marvel that it was a bit of a reach.

• Agree
    Reactions: Javichu
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread