Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for another vape review, today's review item was sent to me from Freemax and it's the latest version in the Marvos family lineup called the Maxus X 100W Kit. The Marvos X follows the recent Maxus Solo 100W Kit and have some similarities between them but also some differences as well, I reviewed the Maxus Solo100W Kit a few weeks back and really like it and have kept it in my personal daily rotation of devices that I use, if you missed the review it's link is here FREEMAX MAXUS SOLO 100W KIT REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322. A single 18650 is the power source that runs the Marvos X and as the title suggest has a maximum power output of 100 watts with 4 power output modes of operation, I'll let you know right now that there is no TC function for those of you that still use temperature control. Before my review of the Marvos X100W Kit let's check out some information, features and specs on this lighthouse of a kit.

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-11.jpg

COLOR CHOICES - ( LEATHER WRAPPED BATTERY COVER )

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-18.jpg

NICE DESIGNS

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-15.jpg

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-14.jpg

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-13.jpg

IN THE BOX

* 1pc Freemax Marvos X 100W mod

* 1pc Freemax Marvos CRC Pod

* 1pc MS-D Mesh Coil 0.15ohm

* 1pc MS-D Mesh Coil 0.25ohm

* 1pc USB Type-C Cable

* 1pc User Manual

* 1pc Warning Card

* 1pc Warranty Card

* 1pc Desiccant

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-30.jpg

PARAMETERS AND SPECIFICATIONS

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-29.jpg

CHILD RESISTANT TOP FILL ISO 8317 CERTIFIED

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-23.jpg

MARVOS CRC POD SPECIFICATIONS

marvos-crc-pod-specs.jpg

MS MESH COIL PLATFORM THAT FITS MARVOS PODS/TANKS

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-22.jpg

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-21.jpg

marvos-x-coil-options.jpg

MS COILS FIT ALL MARVOS DROP IN COIL PODS

marvos-X-pod-options.jpg

REPLACEABLE SINGLE 18650 BATTERY (C-FRAME STYLED COVER)

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-26.jpg

0.96"OLED DISPLAY SCREEN WITH 5 THEME COLORS PLUS RANDOM

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-24.jpg

FOUR POWER OUTPUT MODES

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-25.jpg

LOCK SWITCH-(ENTIRE DEVICE) AND FULLY ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-27.jpg

EIGHT SAFETY PROTECTIONS ON FM CHIP 2.0

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-28.jpg

FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE LED LIGHTS OR NOT (YOUR CHOICE)

Marvos-X-100W-Kit-19.jpg

FEATURES

* Capacity: 5ml

* Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm

* Output Wattage: 5-100W

* Output Mode: Power/Smart/VPC/Bypass

* Battery: External Single 18650

* Output Voltage: 0.7-4.2V

* Input Voltage: 3.3-4.2V

* Charger Specification: 5V/2A

LED LIGHT ANIMATION PATTERN CHOICES

* RISE

* TETRIS

* FLASH

* WATERFALL

* DROP

* SPREAD

* CIRCLE

* ALTERNATE

* RISE

* GATHER

* ALWAYS ON

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

After opening the box the first thing I noticed was that the spine of the device is covered in leather that is more of a thin piece glued on, there is no soft cushy feel to it. I was sent the Brown colored version that has a image of a Horse that is divided in half by the Marvos X banner between both half's, the Horse and Marvos X banner are lightly embossed. There is a series of small X's also lightly embossed throughout the spine and brown stitching surrounds the spine giving the appearance of the leather being sewn on.

20220617_214240.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised to find no bottom battery door but rather a side battery cover that is somewhat of a C-Frame type cover, I really like a C-Frame cover for it's quick removal when swapping out batteries. The display screen is clear and shows the circuit board and button housings just as the Maxus Solo does also.

To the naked eye it doesn't look like much but when power is applied during a vape a light show illuminates the entire display screen that I'll cover later, remember if you don't like lights you have the option to turn them off. The contents of this kit include the Marvos CRC Pod, charge cord, 0.15Ω MS-D mesh coil, 0.25Ω MD-D mesh coil, safety warning card, warranty card, user manual and of course the Marvos X. I was sent a first batch sample version so the final retail version may differ.

20220617_145156.jpg

Starting out with the Marvos CRC Pod that is more of a Tank but because of it's magnetic connection to the device it's classified as a Pod. The MS-D Coils are a standard push and pull type with no flat spots to line up, the coils O-rings are a light Blue color giving the coils a accent of their own. There are 4 magnets on the Pod that connect to the metal internal top of the device as most Pods do.

The magnets do a good job holding the Pod in place and you can pick the device up by grabbing the Pod without it coming off the device, when filling though the Pod sometimes tilts because you need to lift up then slide back the top cap so hold the Pod in place when pulling up on the cap. The CRC Pod uses a 810 drip tip that can be replaced with one of your own personal favorites, I had no issues with the supplied drip tip so I kept it on during testing.

Having a clear Pod with a slightly tinted drip tip makes for a nice look but condensation does build up over time as you will see in my pictures. The CRC Pod is a very airy one that will make all you big air lovers very happy, I on the other hand like a RDL vape and have the dual airflow slots only opened up 1/3 of the way. The new MS-D Coils have different sized mesh netting for the appropriate wattage needed. Both coils have performed great at the minimum wattage but a boost to the best setting of 45w from Freemax was my sweet spot on the 0.25Ω coil.

20220617_165945.jpg

MS-D 0.15Ω Coil 60-80w Best At 75w MS-D 0.25Ω Coil 30-50w Best At 45w

Having a 5ml Pod that doesn't plow through juice is another bonus for the CRC Pod.
    Filling the CRC Pod could not be ant easier than it is by having a spring loaded sliding cap.
    The sliding top cap with the child resistant opening works great but I ran into a issue filling the Pod when using 100 or 120mm bottles because of the width of the bottles, if you fill the Pod using either size bottle the drip tip needs to be removed in order to get to the fill port, it can be filled without removing the drip tip but your taking a chance of having a mess happen.

The fill port opening could be a tad larger to completely insert the larger bottle tip but it works without spillage, I always fill on one side of the fill port when using a larger 100ml bottle so air can escape out the other side when refilling the Pod. Freemax made it easy to find the correct position to slide the top cap back by putting the Freemax name there, just lift up and slide it back, being a spring loaded top cap means no accidental opening either.

20220624_141206.jpg

We now come to the main star of show that is the Marvos X, removing the battery cover reveals a frosted semi transparent RGB housing for a single 18650 battery, boy do I wish it took a 21700 but it is what it is. Battery polarity is marked on the housing with a positive + symbol at the top and a negative - symbol at the bottom, both symbols can be seen but being highlighted in black would make it more visible but I am guessing it might interfere with the LED lights when illuminated.

The top positive battery contact is spring loaded so when inserting a battery connect the positive side of the battery first pushing up, both contacts + and - are Gold in color. The cover holds in place very well using 2 strong magnets at the top and bottom, the battery cover on mine is rock solid and snaps into place with no movement or play of any kind.

20220617_171234.jpg

When a battery is installed in the device the LED lights illuminate immediately showing a bright halo of light through the RGB battery housing surrounding the battery making the battery look like a Mummy in a Tomb. Always remember you can deactivate the LED's.

20220617_171322.jpg

I have to give Freemax a huge thumbs up on the details of the Marvos X mod, as you will see in a bit, the light show is amazing and being able to customize the lights, pattern, color and speed of movement just to name a few, there is even a illusion of the battery covers outer frame edge being illuminated which it's not but really appears that it is. I let you know that this is a very airy Pod and it can be seen by looking through the 2 airflow slots, for my style of vape just 1/3 open works best and improves the flavor as well.

20220617_171643.jpg

20220617_183311.jpg

On the front of the device when the LED lights are illuminated you can see the inner workings of the device circuit board as well as button attachments and the USB port to the board, without the LED lights on it's difficult to see all the internals of the see through display screen.

Even the ribbon attachment of the display screen can be seen, having a view like this really allows you to see what's actually inside a mod and how it's connected. There is a switch below the USB charge port that when engaged shuts the entire device down locking it and preventing any operation, a animated screen shows it's locked. Switching it back pops the same screen up showing that it's unlocked, a locking switch is a great way to ensure your device wont fire or any settings that you made come off when being carried in a pocket instead of turning the device off with the standard 5 presses of the fire button.

20220617_184000.jpg

Having a look at the display screen's information shows that most of the individual fonts are good sized but the battery bar and ohm readout is on the small side looking at it during a quick glance it's difficult to focus on. The display screens information is as follows from left to right and top to bottom.

* Battery Bar

* Ohm Reading

* Puff Counter

* Watts / Curve Settings / Volts

* Power Mode

* Volts / Power

20220617_184154.jpg

Because there are no TC modes or additional settings to go into navigating the menu on the the Marvos X is a very simple and easy process that I'll list below.

MENU

* On/Off - 5 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button

* Adjustment Button Lock - Press And Hold The Up And Down Buttons Simultaneously

* Enter The Menu - 3 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button

* Change Patterns Shortcut - Press And Hold Fire And Up Buttons Simultaneously

* Change Screen Themes - Press And Hold Fire And Down Buttons Simultaneously

MENU SELECTIONS

* Power Mode - ( Power - Smart - VPC - Bypass )

* Set - Theme Colors ( 6 Choices Including Random )

* LED Control - LED On/Off

* LED Mode - 10 Choices Of Patterns

• Alternate
    • Always-on
    • Circle
    • Drop
    • Flash
    • Gather
    • Rise
    • Spread
    • Tetris
    • Waterfall
    * Brightness

* Pattern Speed

* Multicolor

* Unicolor - RGB ( Create Your Own Color )

* Puff Counter Reset

* Factory Reset

PROS

* Attractive

* Full Spectrum vaping ( Lights ,Colors, Patterns )

* 4 Power Modes

* Great Flavor

* Smooth Airflow

* Locking Switch

* Incredible Lightshow With 10 Patterns Of Movement

* Child Resistant ISO Certified Top Fill Cap

* Double-D Mesh

* Ergonomic Hand Fit

* Lights Can Be Turned Off

CONS

* Some Fonts Are Small

* Drip Tip Needs To Be Removed When Filling With 100ml Bottles

* Pod Sometimes Tilts When Sliding The Top Cap

WISHES

* I Wish It Was A 21700 Device

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

First things first, the lights are not for all vapers but you have a option to turn them off if you wish to do that as you should. Normally I'm in the camp of not liking lights because most are done in a way making the device look cheap as if the lights were thrown on as a after thought but Freemax has put a lot of thought into the lights and patterns that include the ability to raise or lower their brightness as well as the speed of whatever pattern you are using making the feature of lights and patterns totally customizable to your preference.

Having a C-Frame styled battery cover makes swapping out batteries a much quicker experience than a bottom battery cap that needs to be screwed on and off. The device that was sent to me has a very secure battery cover and it has no movement to it.

The CRC Pod is a solid performer that should make every vaper happy because wide open makes the air lovers happy and closed down makes the RDL vapers happy with plenty of adjustments in between. Airflow is smooth no matter what position you choose but flavor is better the tighter the airflow becomes.

The new MS-D Coils proved to be what we all expect from Freemax ( GREAT FLAVOR ). I normally gravitate to coils that are low Ohm's but I really like both of these equally because both perform great giving a vape saturated with flavor, I have remained at the minimum recommended wattage for the 0.15Ω coil and see no need to increase wattage yet because the flavor is still coming through at the minimum wattage of 60watts. The 0.25Ω however works best at 45 watts for my taste buds and is the best setting for wattage that Freemax has recommended for this coil.

Having a smart mode that prevents the user from exceeding the maximum wattage for any coil is a great feature when it works correctly, trying to exceed the maximum wattage results in a Red flashing screen saying maximum wattage. Most of my testing was done in the smart mode.

I think Freemax really hit hit the ball out of the park with the development of the Marvos X Kit. Even if you hate lights on a mod the open design ergonomic hand fit and great flavor from the new CRC Tank and MS-D Coils make it a big winner in my book.

I would like to thank Tina and Freemax for providing the Marvos X 100 Kit for the purpose of my review, I hope that I answered any and all questions that you folks had.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Nice review buddy.

Specially liked the ''Wishes'' part of the end,never realized you put that in your reviews.
    It's a nice title for your opinion on how you wish it was or what you would have added or taken from the device.
    Kudos on that,might have to ''steal'' it for my reviews :lol::lol:

I'll test mine out in a week or so,first i want to get started with the Solo.

cheers

Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Nice review buddy.

Specially liked the ''Wishes'' part of the end,never realized you put that in your reviews.
    It's a nice title for your opinion on how you wish it was or what you would have added or taken from the device.
    Kudos on that,might have to ''steal'' it for my reviews :lol::lol:

I'll test mine out in a week or so,first i want to get started with the Solo.

cheers
    I'm Looking forward to reading your thoughts and opinions on it.

• Love
    Reactions: Javichu
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread