Freemax Maxpod Review by Aliraonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
I have had the amazing opportunity of reviewing the Maxpod, sent to me by Freemax. This is my first review and I hope I can share some relevant information and my personal opinions with our vaping community.

First some information taken from Freemax website. Picture attached.

Info.jpg

Here is the link in case you want to know more:

Maxpod Kit | Freemax - Taste the Clouds, Feel the Flavors!

Inside the Box
  • Freemax Maxpod device
  • Pod with NS Mesh 1 ohm coil pre-installed
  • NS Mesh 1.5 ohm coil
  • Lanyard and ring
  • Micro USB cable
  • User manual
  • Warning card
  • Warranty card
Box.jpg

The colour around my Maxpod is a dark metallic black with a shiny blue and like a clear layer over it, a bit of fingerprint magnet but not too bad.

Maxpod device.jpg

With every draw the LED light will light up, colours will indicate battery level, white, then blue and finally red. In my experience when it shows red pretty much next draw it will not fire. Not much warning if I wanted to charge it before it stopped working.

The micro USB port is located on the one side of the device and I had no issues with this at all. Using the micro USB cable provided is just plug it to the micro USB port on the side of the Maxpod and the battery will charge. LED light stays red while charging and once is fully charge the LED light will go off. Charge from completely depleted battery to full took around 35 to 40 mins.

The coils provided in the box are:​

Coils.PNG

Always remember to prime the coils, press fit the coil in the pod, fill with juice of your choice and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Just to make sure the coil is fully saturated.

Components.PNG

On the device there are two airflow holes one of each side to give a MTL experience.

thumbnail_IMG_0030.jpg

This is a very solid device, nice feel on the hand with more weight to it than I expected, which is not a bad thing.

The pod can hold 2 ml of juice, it has a clear marking with a minimum line, when reached, the pod should be refilled to avoid burning the coil. The pod is tinted, slightly lesser under the mouthpiece, during the day is easier to see the juice level, not so much when it is dark.

Pods collage.jpg

The pod connects to the device using two strong magnets, I can lift the device just by holding the mouthpiece and I did get a slight movement of the pod once inside the device, almost not noticeable.

Magnets collage.jpg

The pod has a side rubber plug, easy to open and hold while refilling, I had to tilt the pod to make the juice go around to fill completely. I used a 10 ml and 100 ml bottle, no issues with either to refill. Something to note here it is if I fill the pod to max capacity or leave it on it side, I do get a bit of juice in my tongue for the first few puffs.

Pod fill collage.jpg

The firing time of the Maxpod is fast which is a tick in my book, both coils are rated for MTL.

I started with the NS Mesh 1ohm coil (light blue), for me a loose MTL but I can happily do both MTL or a very restricted DL which is what I personally prefer, flavour is amazing, I get to taste different notes of my usual juice.

Coil collage.jpg

With the NS Mesh 1.5ohm (red) is a tighter draw, flavoursome, more MTL and a slightly more restricted DL for me.

If someone wanted a tighter MTL one could close one of the two airflow holes with the lanyard or a finger. I did try but a bit too tight for my liking.

Both coils are great, but I prefer the NS Mesh 1 ohm, not to tight and more flavour, not that I mind using the 1.5 ohms. I am a very versatile vaper.

The Maxpod has taken the top spot for my daily carry around device because it packs a punch in flavour and all around is solid device.

Positives
  • Unbelievable flavour.
  • Fast firing
  • Smooth draw activation
  • Excellent construction and nice finish. It feels very solid.
  • Comfortable to hold.
  • Replaceable coils just press to fit and ready to use.
  • No need to replace the pod, very comfortable shape.
  • Strong magnets
  • Fast firing and charging.
  • Very easy to use.
  • No leaks.
Negatives
  • The pod is to dark, sometimes I found it hard to see the juice when refilling in reduce light.
Wish List
  • Transparent pod under the mouthpiece.
  • Larger juice capacity pod.
  • Bigger battery capacity.
  • On/off button

In conclusion, I would really recommend the Freemax Maxpod to any pod user and beginner vaper, even big cloud chasers could use a small carry around device for those stealth puffs. I love mine and the flavour is phenomenal. Overall a great pod system.

I want to thank @Freemax_Jerry and Tina for the opportunity to try their products and do this review.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Awesome! Very informative review!

I might have to grab one up for DH... he loves these kinds of pods..

Just a quick question, you mentioned flavor so I wanted to know if you DIY your juice, or buy premium commercial ejuice?

I ask because in my husband's current pod I'm mixing at 16% flavorings, and I'd like a pod where the flavor really shines so that I could drop those flavoring levels down to around 10 or 12% or so..

So just a curiosity point there..

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
Awesome! Very informative review!

I might have to grab one up for DH... he loves these kinds of pods..

Just a quick question, you mentioned flavor so I wanted to know if you DIY your juice, or buy premium commercial ejuice?

I ask because in my husband's current pod I'm mixing at 16% flavorings, and I'd like a pod where the flavor really shines so that I could drop those flavoring levels down to around 10 or 12% or so..

So just a curiosity point there..

At the moment I am using my stock of commercial ejuice before I decide to go DIY. Hope that helps ;)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thank you everyone for the feedback. trying to get the hang of it :lol:. My workmate who also vapes but doesn't know all the vape lingo said that I am to wordy :shock:

Nope... your just the right level of wordy.. :smokie:

People really do want to get a sense of your experience to help them contemplate the purchase... it takes a few words to relate that well, and I think you did an excellent job!

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
Nope... your just the right level of wordy..

People really do want to get a sense of your experience to help them contemplate the purchase... it takes a few words to relate that well, and I think you did an excellent job!

Thank you so much @Opinionated plus I think I am a wordy person. I just can't help it :lol:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I loved the way you incorporated what we need to know about this pod at the beginning. You then went on to give a brilliant firsthand experience of using this device.

You absolutely nailed this review. I sincerely hope you are able to do more in the future :wub:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review on the best Pod for flavor in this size class IMO. You are not to wordy after all words are what the review is all about. Your first hand account of using the Maxpod was accurate and I say job well done. Myself being a owner of the Maxpod agree with your findings 100%. :thumbs:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread