Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks, today's review is on a new Kit from Freemax The mod portion of the kit is the Maxus 100 and the tank portion is the Fireluke 3. The color choices and design might not fit everyone's profile but bear with me on this before making any judgement just yet. As always lets get to know this new Kit from Freemax a little bit better before the review.

01-1536x800.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

Freemax-Maxus-100W-TC-Kit-With-Fireluke-3-Tank_02_4aac38.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE

Standard-Edition-8802-100W-1.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Freemax_Maxus_100W_Kit_Parameters.jpg

DIMENSIONS

Freemax-Maxus-100W-TC-Kit-With-Fireluke-3-Tank_04_1148fb.jpg

BREAKDOWN OF COMPONENTS

100W08-1024x617.png

SMARTLOAD TECH - INSTALL BATTERY IN ANY POSITION

Freemax_Maxus_100W_Kit_SmartLoad_Tech.jpg

EIGHT SAFTEY PROTECTIONS

Freemax_Maxus_100W_Kit_Protections.jpg

MODE CHOICES AND SMART COIL DETECTION

Freemax_Maxus_100W_Kit_Modes.jpg

3 STEEL BALL BEARINGS ON TOP CAP FOR SECURE CLOSING

freemax-maxus-starter-kit.jpg

TEA FIBER COTTON

Freemax_Maxus_100W_Kit_FM_COILTECH_4.jpg

coils CHOICES

Freemax_Maxus_100W_Kit_Coil_series_of_Fireluke_3_Tank.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

My first impression of this kit after opening was WOW extremely colorful tank and mod panel as you can see in the kit contents picture.

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT.jpg

I say panel because only the colorful panel is removeable with the other side consisting of a black backing with Maxus 100W branding.

BACKSIDE OF THE MAXUS 100.jpg

The screen portion is located on one side of the Mod with the power button above it and the up & down buttons below, below them is the Type-C charge port.

20200702_122231.jpg

The Maxus 100 that was sent to me has become a favorite because of it's form which although a little weighty fits the hand nicely with rounded corners and good button placement position along with 0 performance issues in the long time I've been using it.

As the name implies the Maxus 100 is capable of 100 watts and scrolls from 5 w - 100 w in 5 seconds ( very fast ). The Maxus 100 is a single battery device that can be used with a 21700, 20700 or a 18650 battery with the provided sleeve adapter. The colorful battery panel is held in place with 2 very strong magnets located at the top and bottom of the device with one being a narrow oblong one and the other being more square. I've been using the Maxus 100 with a Molicel 21700 that is slightly thicker than other 21700 batteries and it fits just fine, the top battery post is spring loaded so install your battery pushing upward with your battery.

20200705_123427.jpg

The 510 top plate has cutouts for any tanks that get their air supply from the 510, I think it a nice aesthetic look for the 510 top plate. By the way the 510 is spring loaded also.

MAXUS 100 510 TOP PLATE WITH AIR FED 510 CUTS.jpg

The bottom of the device has a slot that's helpful in removing the color battery panel cover, there is also 5 venting holes .

MAXUS 100 BOTTOM PANEL OPENING SLOT AND VENTING.jpg

THE MAXUS 100 USES A VERY EASY MENU SYSTEM

* 5 quick presses of the power button turns the device on or off
    * 3 quick presses of the power button brings you into the menu ( MODE, SET, INFO, EXIT )
    * Once in the menu using the up & down buttons will scroll you through your choices, the mode your in will be highlighted then press the power button once highlighted and more choices for that mode will appear highlighted. ( VERY EASY MENU )

FIRELUKE 3 TANK

As everyone knows Freemax is known for coils that produce fantastic flavor from their tanks and the Fireluke 3 continues this with the new coils for this tank. The top cap of the tank is a slide to open type of top cap that has 3 ball bearings that when closed secure it in the closed position with a distinctive click, much force is needed to slide open making it unlikely to accidentally open when in a pocket. There is a red dot located on the bottom of the top cap, that is the place you slide to open for filling. The bubble glass that Freemax supplies is shaped in a way as to not bulge out to much as other bubble glass tanks do. The bubble glass is also facetted and catches every glimmer of light for a sparkle shine of diamonds. Air lovers will be very happy to know the Fireluke 3 is very airy with duel air intake slots located across from each other that can also be turned down for a nice restricted DL vape.

20200702_123456.jpg

The new coil ( 904L X2 MESH- 0.2Ω ) that I'm using is rated for 40 - 80 watts , I'm very happy at 60 with the airflow at about half to 3/4 open. Freemax is using a new military grade SS904L Mesh and Tea Fiber Cotton that produces fantastic flavor.

FM COILTECH 904L X2 MESH 0.2Ω.jpg

I almost forgot to show you a picture of the top cap open and the fill port , I wish the top cap could open just a hair more. You can really see the faceted diamond cuts in the glass better in this picture also.

FIRELUKE 3 FILL PORT.jpg

PROS ( MOD & TANK )
    * Exceptional flavor
    * Colorful
    * Many battery options
    * Type C port
    * Great hand fit
    * Easy menu
    * Very strong magnets
    * Nice buttons
    * Plenty of airflow
    * Screen has plenty of details
    * OLED screen

Cons ( TANK )
    * Loud
    * Top cap should open a little more

CONS ( MOD )

Well folks as you can see I'm very happy with this new kit from Freemax, I have used products from Freemax before and have always been happy especially from their Tanks because of the flavor they produce and the Fireluke 3 fell right in line with the others with exceptional flavor. As far as the Mod goes the colors won't be for everybody, even I was not crazy about it but it has really grown on me that I really like it colors and all. The mod performs great and fits my hand so well without any sharp corners making it uncomfortable in any way. The Maxus has a solid well made feel to it not in any way cheap at all. Having 3 battery options in a well performing Mod is a big plus.

I don't use any Temp Control features in my daily vape that's why they are absent in my reviews so don't hold that against me. The Maxus 100 gives the user every option available in a mod, Power, Bypass, VPC ( VARIABLE POWER CURVE ), SS, NI, TI, AND 3 TCR settings to make it a full featured mod that performs wonderfully with a Tank that produces flavor so well you would swear your eating it.

If your looking for a kit that gives it's user a colorful Mod that functions great with many options in the menu along with 3 battery options as well as being solidly well built along with a Tank famous for flavor with new improvements the Maxus 100 Kit is for you.

I would like to thank Jerry, Linda , Tina and Freemax for providing the Maxus 100 Kit for review and hope I helped anyone thinking of purchasing the Maxus 100 Kit.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread