hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. I recently posted a review on the Freemax Maxus 100W kit and was fortunate enough to also receive the freemax maxus 200w kit from Freemax for the purpose of doing an honest review. The Maxus 200 kit includes the Mesh Pro 2 tank. I don’t have the original M Pro tank so can’t compare the two but will give my best opinion on the one included in the kit.

What’s in the box?

• 1×Freemax Maxus 200W VW Mod

• 1×Freemax Mesh Pro 2 Tank Resin Edition(Freemax 904L M2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm)

• 1×Extra Freemax 904L M1 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm

• 1×Extra Glass Tube 5ml(Individual packaging of extra glass for TPD edition)

• 1×Extra O-ring

• 1×Type-C USB Cable

• 1×Warning Card

• 1×Warranty Card

• 1×User Manual
    • upload_2020-7-5_10-8-22.png
    • upload_2020-7-5_10-8-59.png

• Specifications:
    Maxus 200W VW Mod
    Output Voltage: 0.7-8.4V
    Input Voltage: 3.3-4.2V (Single battery) / 6.6-8.4V (Dual battery)
    Output Wattage: 5-200W/100-315℃/200-600℉
    Output Mode: Power/VPC/Bypass/TC-TI/TC-SS/TC-NI/TCR
    Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
    Battery: 18650×2 (SmartLoad Tech, Support Single/Dual Battery)
    Charger Specification: 5V/2A
    Size: L90.5×W52.5×H28.6mm

Mesh Pro 2 Tank
    Size: L59.85×D25mm
    Capacity: 5ml/2ml(TPD)
    Working Wattage: 40-110W
    Material: SS904L/Tea Fiber Cotton/SS/Resin
    Thread: 510
    Drip Tip: 810

Support Single/Dual 18650 Battery with the SmartLoad Tech
    Advanced COILTECH 4.0 for excellent flavor
    Type-C USB port, 2A fast charging
    Multiple protections for safe vaping
    Military grade SS904L mesh and tea fiber cotton
    Multiple output modes and smart coil detection function
    Upgraded top-fill mechanism without leakage
    upload_2020-7-5_10-9-39.png

upload_2020-7-5_10-10-5.png

upload_2020-7-5_10-10-28.png

First Impressions:

My first reaction was that it’s just a bigger version of the Maxus 100. I had done a little research so I knew that it has the smartload feature just like the 100 where you can put the batteries in either way and it will work. It is however a dual 18650 powered unit. One thing I found interesting is that you can power the mod with a single 18650 battery. It has to be inserted in the slot closest to the buttons but it will work. It does however limit you to 80 watts in power mode with a single battery. Honestly that’s plenty for me but it’s nice to have the battery life of two batteries.

The operation of the Maxus 200 is identical to the 100. Three clicks of the fire button will get you into the menu which includes Mode, Set, Info, and Exit. The Modes available are Power, VPC, Bypass, TC Ti, TC SS, TC Ni, and TCR 1/2/3. Set allows you to adjust screen timeout, coil lock, coil test, puff counter, time, degrees in Celsius or Fahrenheit, reset, and exit. Info tells battery charge, software version, and mod temperature.

The Mesh Pro 2 tank has a 5ml capacity which you’re going to need with this tank. I found my comfort spot at 55 watts with the .2 ohm coil and just a little higher with the .15. I ran the airflow at half open on this one. If you’ve read any of my other reviews, you’ll remember that I don’t like a really warm vapor and was very happy with the above setting. The top on the tank has a red mark below the Freemax name on the side showing where to push to slide the tank open for refilling. Just like the Fireluke 3 tank, it uses three steel balls for stronger friction so the top can’t slide open accidentally. The glass on the tank is what I would call a honeycomb shape just like the new Fireluke 3. Also like the Fireluke 3, I feel like either the fill port could have been a little bigger or the slide could have slid open a little more. I think it would be fine with a 10ml bottle or unicorn bottle used to fill but is a little tight with a glass dropper from a 60ml bottle. The flavor production from both coils was phenomenal in my opinion. The coils brought flavors out in my diy mix that were more subdued in my other tanks. Once again, Freemax hit the ball out of the park with these coils. I was able to get 553 puffs on the counter from one set of fully charged Molicel 18650 batteries. I felt like that was pretty good battery life for the setting I was using.

I mentioned this in the 100 review but wanted to talk about it here also in case someone hasn’t seen my other review. It peaked my curiosity when I saw that the coils were made of SS904. I did some reading and found out that the TCR for this material is 85. I was able to set the TCR1 to 85 and run the coil in Temperature control. I felt liked it worked well and could tell the difference as I dialed up the temperature. I did have one glitch though. After setting the TCR to 85 and returning to the main screen, the home screen still showed 100. I believe this was just a display error and have let Freemax know about it. The unit seemed to run fine and when I went back into the menu to set TCR, it did show 85 still which makes me believe that the mod was running where I set it but just didn’t show it on the display. I am sure that it will be taken care of by them. Freemax makes quality products and they care about doing it right from what I have seen. Also, it may have just been a glitch on the sample that I received. Once the TCR is set and you’re back to the main screen, press and hold the fire button and top button until the wattage is highlighted and you can then adjust the maximum wattage with the plus and minus buttons. Just press the fire button when you’re done.

upload_2020-7-5_10-10-59.png

upload_2020-7-5_10-11-25.png

upload_2020-7-5_10-11-47.png

upload_2020-7-5_10-12-7.png

upload_2020-7-5_10-12-25.png

Final Thoughts:

I very much enjoyed testing the Maxus 200 watt kit. It is a fairly large mod but that is to be expected any time I am using a dual 18650 mod. The battery cover has very strong magnets and was solid on this unit and did not move at all. I find it as a very nice feature that you can run this mod on a single battery if need be. I’m a big fan of the smartload function as I’m sure others will be. It’s nice to not have to look for the + and – markings when loading the batteries. The menu system is very simple to operate which is a big plus for me. I don’t like it when I have to stand on one leg and stick my tongue out while pressing three buttons and hopping in order to change my settings. Yes I know I’m exaggerating but some mods can be a real pain to figure out how to change the specific setting that you’re looking for without either looking up a review or finding a user guide.

The new Mesh Pro 2 is a real flavor banger! It has constantly amazed me how good the flavor is not only on these coils but the other coils I’ve tested for Freemax. I feel like they don’t rush to put stuff on the market like some companies. They try hard to take their time and get it right the first time. The 5ml capacity is really necessary since this tank with these coils can really drink some liquid. At least compared to the lower settings I normally run on single coil rtas. The sliding top is solid and did not slide open one time on accident. Like I mentioned earlier, I would have liked a little more room for filling but was able to refill without making a mess.

So in closing, would I recommend the Maxus 200 watt kit? Well, if you love flavor, big clouds, and pretty darn good battery life, then I would say yes. Thanks for reading my review and thanks to Freemax for allowing me to do this review. Each of their products I have reviewed has been top notch in my opinion. Below is a link to the Maxus 200 on their website.

https://www.freemaxvape.com/maxus-200w-kit/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread