Freemax Mesh Pro Resin Tank Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadSerpent

Nov 3, 2018
I just recently got a Freemax Mesh Pro Resin tank, I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with the top sliding open in their pocket? Is it something I am going wrong or is it defective or just bad design?

I have it in use with the bubble glass and so far am very happy with the flavor and cloud production. I have it on smok alien 220w. Previously I had a crown 3 on my box but it broke. Now the new FreeMax looks too big for the box. Any suggestions on a different box?

Thanks for any help

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I do not have one. It appeared to me that the device was by definition all plastic. Is this so? Just curious. It sure sounds like the latter two to me, though one suggestion would be to not keep it in your pocket I suppose. Really there should be some sort of stop to prevent that. If there isn’t there is a problem.

• Agree

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I carry mine (Freemax Mesh Pro Resin) in my shirt pocket so not a lot of force being exerted on it that could cause it to open. I've seen other tanks where the top would slide open in a pants pocket.

The one fix that seems universal to all tanks with a sliding top is a vape band around the top that locks it in place. If you have a wide band slip it on straight, if you only have narrow bands it goes on diagonally, around the back of the top and down the front of the tank.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thank for the replies. While I agree it isn’t a good idea to keep it in your pocket sometimes it is not avoidable.

Sdennislee- great idea to use a band. I am smacking myself because I didn’t think of that.
TMI.. you’re private life is your own business.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
I just recently got a Freemax Mesh Pro Resin Tank, I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with the top sliding open in their pocket? Is it something I am going wrong or is it defective or just bad design?

I have it in use with the bubble glass and so far am very happy with the flavor and cloud production. I have it on SMOK Alien 220w. Previously I had a crown 3 on my box but it broke. Now the new FreeMax looks too big for the box. Any suggestions on a different box?

Thanks for any help
The slide open fill designs are always going to be a candidate for doing that unless you get one like the Geekvape Alpha with locking mechanism. As for the tank being too big for the mod the alien is pretty much bang on average size for a dual 18650 device.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
The slide open fill designs are always going to be a candidate for doing that unless you get one like the Geekvape Alpha with locking mechanism. As for the tank being too big for the mod the alien is pretty much bang on average size for a dual 18650 device.
The vape band sounds like it will work though certainly worth a try!

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I've had the same issue with an Ello tank. I tried the vape band, but it can slide up or down and the leave the sliding top cap unprotected. What I use now is a piece of electrical tape (cut in half length wise) wrapped around the tank and cap. (all you really need is about 50% wrapped, around the side cap slides 'toward'. (you can even get the tape in colors). On my mod the tank is mostly hidden (SBS) so not really noticeable.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have two of them and the tops have stayed in place when carrying around in a pocket. Yes, it's feasible it could slide open while carrying, but the slides on mine are pretty firm, and require pressure right where the red dot is to push it back. Does the top slide feel loose or take very little pressure to move?

GoonJuice

May 2, 2017
I just recently got a Freemax Mesh Pro Resin Tank, I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with the top sliding open in their pocket? Is it something I am going wrong or is it defective or just bad design?

I have it in use with the bubble glass and so far am very happy with the flavor and cloud production. I have it on SMOK Alien 220w. Previously I had a crown 3 on my box but it broke. Now the new FreeMax looks too big for the box. Any suggestions on a different box?

Thanks for any help
Same problem here it opens up and i lose almost half a tank of juice that drios down my beutiful mod lol...only solution besides taping down or what ever is dont keep it in your pocket. I found a carrying case that works great.

Reactions: Baditude

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
My mesh pro will slide open occasionally. I wouldn't say it's loose, just the design of the sliding top fill cap...I think any of them will do that if your not careful. I put mine in a case when I'm carrying it to work because I have had to many accidents with it. I don't normally bring it out and about though because of the fact the top could slide open. I bring my top airflow RTA's usually and my pods.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Same problem here it opens up and i lose almost half a tank of juice that drios down my beutiful mod lol...only solution besides taping down or what ever is dont keep it in your pocket. I found a carrying case that works great.
I’ve heard around here that one solution for problems like this is to use a vape band that you slide up to the top of the tank to keep the top on place. I don’t know if that would work for this particular tank design or not though.

GoonJuice

May 2, 2017
I’ve heard around here that one solution for problems like this is to use a vape band that you slide up to the top of the tank to keep the top on place. I don’t know if that would work for this particular tank design or not though.
Im going to give it a try i just had it hapoen again lost half of rabk of juice and leaked all down my brand new mod smh...btw i have the freemax mesh pro sub ohm tank metal edition

GoonJuice

May 2, 2017
I carry mine (Freemax Mesh Pro Resin) in my shirt pocket so not a lot of force being exerted on it that could cause it to open. I've seen other tanks where the top would slide open in a pants pocket.

The one fix that seems universal to all tanks with a sliding top is a vape band around the top that locks it in place. If you have a wide band slip it on straight, if you only have narrow bands it goes on diagonally, around the back of the top and down the front of the tank.
Ues
Yes thank you vape band is working not 100% but dang close tysm for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread