3. 900mAh internal battery capacity
    4. 1.5A Type-C Fast Charging
    5. Comes with 0.8Ω and 1.0Ω OX DVC coil
    6. Equipped with FM SaltCoilTech 3.0
    7. Button activation and drawing activation modes
    8. Anti-fingerprint and scratch proof outer material
    9. 100% compatible flavor categories
    10. Elegant panel options

Thanks FreeMax for sending me the product for free in exchange for my honest evaluation.
    Onnix 2 15W Kit | Freemax - Taste the Clouds, Feel the Flavors!
    Enjoy the reading.

FreeMax Onnix 2 Packaging:
    The package presents at the front; The brand name (FreeMax), a partial image of the kit, the name of the kit (Onnix 2), the color indication of this Sample (Pink) and the warnings.

On the back we find this list; product specifications, packing list, manufacturer's address, warnings, brands & logos.

On the side of the package there are; an integral image of the kit, a barcode, the main features in the form of icons, warnings, social icons and scratch & check.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 2.jpg

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 3.jpg

Packing List:
    • 1 * Freemax Onnix 2 Battery
    • 1 * Freemax Onnix 2 Pod of 2ml
    • 1 * 0.8Ω OX DVC Coil (Pre-installed)
    • 1 * OX DVC 1.0Ω Coil
    • 1 * USB Type-C Cable
    • 1 * Warning Card
    • 1 * Warranty Card
    • 1 * User Manual

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 4.jpg

Technical data:
    • Material: Aluminum alloy + PET + PCTG
    • Size: 15.3 * 24.4 * 109mm
    • Weight: 47.6g
    • Pod capacity: 2ml
    • Supported resistances: 0.5 / 0.8 / 1.0 / 1.2 / 1.5Ω
    • Battery capacity: 900mAh
    • Output voltage: 3.6-4.2V
    • Charging: Type-C 2A
    • Output power: 7W-15W
    • Modes: Manual and automatic

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 5.jpg

Available colours:
    • Black, Gray, Green, Red, Blue, Pink.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 6.jpg

FreeMax Onnix 2; First impressions:
    Onnix 2 Kit is constructed of sturdy aluminum alloy, the elongated form factor with slim profile and rounded edges is coated with a special multilayer treatment. Onnix 2 is available in six different color variations. I received the Pink color version for this test. I would have liked any of the other available versions more, however I thank FreeMax anyway as they most likely don't know my tastes of average Italian.

If you wonder why FreeMax decided to release a second version of Onnix so close to the first. I might reply that the main difference is in the power and type of use these two Pods are designed for. The original Onnix is suitable for mixed MTL / RDL use, has 3 selectable power levels and a maximum power of 20W (5W more). While the Onnix 2 version of this test features a single power output it is evidently designed for "Only MTL" use. One factor in common is that the Onnix and Onnix 2 use the same Coil-OX, so the resistors are compatible on both cartridges. When choosing the coil it is of course necessary to respect the maximum wattage limit which on the Onnix 2 is 15W.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 7.jpg

FreeMax Onnix 2; Feeling:
    Between the two versions of Onnix the lines, measurements and weight change slightly. So basically the good handling found with the original Onnix model remains unchanged. However Onnix 2 thanks to the more anatomical shape of the spout can occasionally be used even without the support of the hands and be held quite easily between the lips.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 8.jpg

Ledlight; Onnix 2 Vs Original Onnix:
    Both versions offer both manual and automatic puffs at the same time, with Onnix 2 it is possible to disable the Fire button, for fully automatic use.

Apart from the different conformation of the Fire / Power buttons, the arrangements of the LED lights change. On the Original Onnix version there is a single LED to control the residual charge and to indicate to the user the current power step through the colors red, blue or green.
    Onnix 2 has enjoyed an upgrade of the light indicators, so there are a total of 4 LEDs, 3 of these emit white light and one (the largest at the bottom) emit blue light.

Onnix 2; Operation Guide:
    • Power on / off: 5 clicks on the fire button
    • Activation. 3 click on the Fire button to activate / deactivate the manual function
    • 1 white led on indicates a battery charge level between 0 and 35%
    • 2 white LEDs on indicate a battery charge level between 36 and 70%
    • 3 white LEDs on indicate a battery charge level between 71 and 100%
    • 3 white LEDs flashing 15 times indicate that the device is discharged
    • 3 white LEDs flashing 3 times indicate a short circuit
    • The Blue Led flashes 8 times when the single puff reaches a time of 10s
    • The Blue Led flashes 3 times when the circuit is open (cartridge not connected)
    • The Blue Led flashes 4 times when the Fire button is activated / deactivated
    • All the LEDs flash when the battery charging is finished
    • All LEDs blink 5 times when PCB temperature exceeds 70 °

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 9.jpg

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Design; Onnix 2 Vs Original Onnix:
    The laser decorations are much more noticeable and larger on the original Onnix. On Onnix 2 they are generally smaller and of less impact, perhaps because the pink color of this sample has a low contrast compared to the white lettering.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 11.jpg

AFC; Onnix 2 Vs Original Onnix:
    On the original Onnix we find on the one hand a slider AFC adjustment, rather wide for the RDL vape and a small hole on the other side for the MTL vape. Onnix 2 has two small opposing holes without adjustment, therefore only suitable for MTL vaping, I must say that for this lens the fixed system works well. I personally like the original Onnix AFC solution much more because I prefer to have a more open type of MTL as well.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 12.jpg

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 13.jpg

Onnix 2; Top view and bottom view:
    The compartment / pod houses the two contact pins; two generous side magnets and the automatic Puff activation sensor. In case of condensation, the only possible solution to dry the narrow compartment / pod appears to be to use a cotton swab, luckily the OX coils generally never release too much condensation. The advice to separate the liquid-filled cartridge from the mod (when not in use) is always valid for all Pod devices.
    On the bottom we find; the USB-C charging socket, two vent holes for the integrated cell, an identification number and indication of place of origin.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 14.jpg

Onnix 2; Pod:
    The PCTG cartridge holds up to 2.0ml of liquid (TPD), has a fairly comfortable design for the lips, offers discreet visibility of the internal liquid and uses the side refill with silicone cap to protect the closure.
    The coil insertion method is press / pull from below.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 15.jpg

FM Coiltech Sailtech 3.0:
    Included in the kit there are two different types of OX coils (FM SaltCoilTech 3.0); OX DVC Coil of 0.8Ω (Pre-installed) and OX DVC Coil of 1.0Ω as replacement, also available for separate purchase also a 1.2Ω always for MTL
    * The 0.5Ω OX resistor (sold separately) is compatible with the cartridge but not with the device which is limited to 15W and given the "high" output power of this coil (16-20W) it is applicable only to the Onnix device original and in RDL mode.

- FM SaltCoilTech 3.0 OX DVC 1.0Ω is recommended for MTL vaping, 100% compatible with nicotine salts (Best 20-50mg) but also with freebase (Best 3-12mg).
    It is a double vertical coil with a tea fiber cotton formula, according to FreeMax it offers a Strong hit to the throat (Hit) with an intense perception of nicotine.

- FM SaltCoilTech 3.0 OX from 0,8Ω double vertical coil, always with tea fiber cotton formula. This resistance is suitable for MTL vaping with nicotine concentrations between 3 and 9mg / ml in freebase liquids. According to freeMax it is 100% compatible with nicotine salts (Best 20-35mg)

Both resistors look alike and work well, the 0.8Ω is more "lively" and warm in the expression of vapor. With the 0.8Ω there is also a slightly greater "hit in the throat". With both resistors there are no particular spitting or condensation problems. The puff is sufficiently contrasted (for MTL), fluid and silent. The Colonel Custard aroma with freebase 50/50 and with an aroma dilution percentage of 10% is pleasant and quite full of flavor. The consumption of liquid is quite limited.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 16.jpg

Onnix 2; Battery:
    FreeMax states that; the internal battery with quick-charge 1.5A type C has a "real capacity" of 900mAh, personally I can not object to anything, actually it seems to me that the cell is sufficiently "long-lived". During my tests with an entire charging cycle I filled the Pod several times and even near the end of the charge the available power remains almost unchanged.
    The battery takes approximately 60 minutes to fully charge to 100%.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 17.jpg

Final conclusions:
    I would like to start with an aspect that I believe can be improved and that I had also noticed with the original Onnix; it concerns the classic refilling system with silicone side tab, sometimes during the filling, if you carry out the operation with distraction or too quickly, air bubbles can form which can cause liquid leakage. I believe that the time is now ripe to apply a "cleaner" solution to all pod systems, such as the safety valve that allows only the entry of liquid.

There is not much to add on the aesthetics and dimensions of the Onnix 2, it is a pleasant and light "Entry Level" product, easy to use thanks to the numerous luminous safety and control indications that the user needs.

The fixed type airflow system does the job well for the needs of a regular MTL Vaper, so I think you won't feel the real need for an adjustable AFC or manually selectable power levels that are the prerogative of the original Onnix for RDL. I did not notice any differences in delivery going from the automatic Puff to the manual Puff and this is definitely a positive note.

For the FreeMax Coils I have always had devoted admiration, I know for sure that these guys invest a lot of passion in the research and development of materials, so even these new FM Coiltech Sailtech 3.0 I feel I can promote 100% because they actually offer good performances. For me, they are certainly at the top of their category for aromatic restitution and perception of nicotine even at low concentration.

The battery recharges quite quickly (60 minutes) and guarantees a constant boost even near the end-of-charge. With both coils I was able to consume about 6ml of liquid during the life cycle of the cell.
    Thanks for reading.

FreeMax Onnix 2 15W Pod Kit 18.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread