Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
First off I would like to thank Tina at FreeMax for sending this kit to me to review.
20200726_135942.jpg
I received a Blue Twister kit but it is also available in Green, Stainless Steel, Gold, Black or Rainbow colors.
The Freemax Twister kit is designed for either MTL (Mouth to Lung) or RDL (restricted Direct Lung) vaping and comes two appropriate Drip tips (one styled for RDL and the other for MTL) along with two different spec coils. It is preinstalled with 0.5ohm coil and RDL drip tip which is what I used to test it with over the period of a week as this set up more closely matched my vaping tastes. Coils are SS904L Mesh and Tea Fiber cotton blend.
I found that the 0.5ohm coil with the RDL drip tip offered a nice tasty vape at around 20W and provided a decent amount of vapor. I like it and would recommend it for a small carry around vape device. I did not extensively use the MTL 1.5ohm coil but I did install and test it with the MTL drip tip. I found that to also be tasty with a nice tight draw.

The Fireluke 22 Tank in the Kit sports a leak-proof design with a Childproof Top-cap that locks the top of the tank securely in place. This is a useful feature with no children around as it keeps it from flipping open when carried around in a pocket. The Tank allows you to remove remove and replace the coil with a filled tank without leaking all over the place. The liquid fill port closes when the coil is pulled out and opens when replaced, just screw the base back on to finish changing.

Tank capacity is 3.5ml with the installed bubble glass or 2ml with the straight glass included in the kit. To fill the tank, lift the top ring and push the top back to expose the fill port which is large enough to accommodate most bottle nozzles. I would have preferred that the top open wider for easier access to the fill port.
20200726_151029.jpg
The Twister MOD uses a twist style wattage control on the base of the mod. Wattage can be set from 7.5W to 30W in 2.5W increments. The Twister is powered by a 1400mAh battery that can be charged at 1.5A meaning it charges fairly fast at a little over an hour for full charge. LED light color of the firing button gives an indication of the battery charge state: Green light with full to 75% charge, Blue with below 75% charge changing to red when device needs recharging.

Kit box Contents: Freemax Twister 30W Variable Wattage Mod, Freemax Fireluke 22 Tank, Freemax RDL Mesh Coil 0.5ohm and 510 RDL Drip tip Pre-installed, Freemax MTL Mesh Coil 1.5ohm with 510 MTL Drip tip, Extra Glass Tube 2ml, Extra O-Rings, USB Cable, Warranty Card and User Manual.
20200726_140237.jpg

20200726_145329.jpg
Specifications:
Freemax Twister Battery
Size: L78.3 x D 22mm
Built-in Battery Capacity: 1400mAh
Output Wattage Range: 7.5-30W
Output Voltage Range: 1.9-7.5V
Max. Output Current: 8A
Resistance Range: 0.5-3.0ohm
Power Efficiency: 90%
Wattage Adjustment Method:
Twist the base to adjust from 7.5W to 30W (2.5W per click)

Fireluke 22 TANK
Size: L51.41 x D22.0mm
Capacity: 3.5ml/2ml
Material: Steel/SS904L/Tea Fiber Cotton/Resin
Working Wattage: 8-30W
Thread: 510
Drip tip: 510

Overall impression.
Small well designed, well built device. I found it good for carry around. The RDL vape had good taste and ample vapor. While not my vape style, I did test the MTL and it had good taste and a tight draw. Would like to have seen the top open wider for easier access to the fill port. Doesn't leak even when changing out coil.

Reactions: hittman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread