hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Welcome back for another review by yours truly. I was sent a Freemax Twister kit courtesy of Freemax in order to give a review of their new product. I’m a bit excited to see yet another tube mod on the market. I came through the ranks back in 2009 when tube mods were just about the only mods available. I have a soft place in my heart for tube mods. I usually don’t take many pictures of the boxes but I really liked the packaging on this one. They also sent me some flap bracelets with the twister graphics on them but I don’t see myself wearing those. Let’s move on to the review.

upload_2019-1-26_11-32-18.jpg

Specifications:

Twister battery:

Size: 24.7 x 101.6mm

Battery: 2300mAh

Wattage Range: 5W-80W

Voltage Range: 0.5-9V

Output Current Range: 1.0A- 30A

Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-3.0ohm

Thread: 510

Fireluke 2 Tank:

Size: 24 x 47.8mm

Capacity: 5ml(Standard Edition)/2ml(TPD Edition)

Coil: X1 Mesh Coil (0.150hm 40-90W) / X2 Mesh Coil (0.2ohm 40-80W) / X3 Mesh Coil (0.15ohm 50-90W)

Material: Stainless steel/ Glass tube

Drip tip: 810 drip tip

Thread: 510

What’s in the box?

•1 x Freemax Twister Battery 2300mAh

•1 x Fireluke 2 Tank (X2 Mesh Coil Pre-installed)

•1 x Extra X1 Mesh Coil

•1 x 5ml Bubble Pyrex Tube

•1 x O-Ring Replacement

•1 x USB Cable

•1 x User Manual

•Spare Parts

First thoughts and Impressions:

I’ll be honest, I’m not a big fan of the wild graphics. I received what I’m going to call the blue one. I’m sure others might love the graphics on the mod. I charged the mod and took apart the tank for cleaning. The tank was pretty easy to take apart and all of the threading seemed smooth. It did take a little effort to take the glass off of the top but it does come off for a thorough cleaning which I do like. My eyes aren’t as good as they used to be and the numbers on the bottom of the mod where you “twist” to adjust the wattage was a little hard to see for me. However, once set I didn’t feel a need to change it. The mod and tank combination worked consistently at the set wattage.

The mod has a charge port on the upper side. I honestly didn’t see the charge port at first because of the graphics. The firing speed is said to be less than .001s. I can’t really verify this but I didn’t notice any lag time between pushing the button and the coil firing. It contains a 2300mah battery which to me is a respectable capacity. I ran 3-4 tanks of liquid through the X2 coil and still had battery life left.

The Fireluke2 tank is definitely a cloud tank with this battery. The X2 is preinstalled but I decided to start with the X1 coil which is rated 40-90w. I usually use 12mg liquid so I loaded it with a strawberry cheesecake and ran the mod at 45 watts. It ran well at that wattage for me and produced what I consider to be very good flavor. After 3-4 tanks with the X1, I cleaned the tank, charged the battery back to full, and put in the X2 coil. I mixed up some 6mg liquid thinking that the X2 would be too strong with 12mg. I was right. At 40 watts and the airflow completely open, I got a very flavorful vape with large amounts of vapor with only about a two second draw. There is an X3 coil available but was not included in the kit. The coils for this tank are mesh coils with 90% flax cotton and 10% cotton. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor produced with this tank. On the top of the tank on one side is a red dot to indicate where to push so the top will slide open for filling. The opening is sufficient for filling with the 10ml bottles that I use but it could be a little larger. It comes with an 810 drip tip and I did like the coloring of the tip that came with the tank. The three coils that I mentioned are all kanthal mesh but according to their website, there is a 316ss mesh coil available that could be used for temperature control applications even though this mod is not TC capable. The mod does have some safety features like short circuit protection, low voltage protection, overheat protection, and over time protection. There is also a light imbedded in the fire button to indicate battery condition. Like I mentioned briefly earlier, the bottom of the mod turns to dial the operating wattage of the mod. It advances in 5 watt increments.

Pros, Cons, and Final Thoughts:

Pros:

• Good build quality and threading

• Easy to adjust wattage

• Tank is easy to fill and clean

• No lag time on firing

• No leaking, dry hits, or flooding

Cons:

• Just my opinion but the graphics are a bit much. I’d like to see a carbon fiber unit.

• Only adjustable in 5 watt increments

• Not really a con since you know it when you buy it but the battery is not replaceable

Final Thoughts:

Over all, I would say that this is really a pretty good mod/tank combination. If you are looking for very good flavor and huge vapor production then this might be a good fit for you. I liked both the X1 and X2 coils but did prefer the X2 coil. I was able to run it at 40 watts and get very good flavor and it wasn’t too warm for me like some of the other cloud tanks that I’ve tried that take premade coils. The airflow in my opinion was generous and wide open with the X2 was a good fit. I know I’ve already mentioned this but I really don’t like the graphics. To me they are a little too wild. The tank is easy to clean and refill and produces very good flavor in my opinion. However, I wish that a company would come out with a mod/rta combination so you weren’t locked into buying stock coils. Or at least offer it as an option. I have been vaping for nearly 10 years and prefer to have the convenience of being able to build my own coils rather than worrying about if I have enough/any coils left for a certain tank. Sorry, I got a little off track there. The Freemax Twister kit in my opinion is a good unit and would be a good kit for someone that likes medium to high wattage with simple operation and drop in coils. Thanks for taking the time to read to the end and if there’s anything I left out or there are questions then feel free to ask. I’ll try to monitor the thread.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    This is like a flashback to vaping when the tube mod was the thing and to the 60s flower child era. A 21st century remake of a '67 Stingray with '19 tech stuff. Not sure if I like the built in battery thing but I just bought a Smok Nord so maybe I shouldn't complain.

Great review Hitt!

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread