Freezing Nic Juice - PG or VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moogle

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Portland, OR
My method is simple. I make 50/50 juice. Most flavors come in PG so I use VG for my NIC.

An average recipe for me for 15ml would look like:
3.75 NIC (48mg/ml)
3.75 VG
5 PG
2.5 flavor

The only downside is that VG is thick and I think I saw something about NIC storing better in PG (don't quote me on that).
Whatever the case, I'm sure you'll get some good advice and plenty to consider.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
...or does it matter? Which degrades slower in the freezer? I vape 50/50 at this point with no problems. Can one develop a reaction to PG over time? Would 100% VG nic juice be a safer bet against that happening? Or would it be better all around?

Thanks!

Hi NicoHog,
Some people can't vape PG - Kurt and others do vape 100% VG.
I'm fine with PG, so maybe someone can give you more facts.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I suspect it's best to freeze only unflavored nicquid for long-term storage. The flavors might well change (and not for the better) after some years below zero.

I freeze 100 mg./ml. unflavored rocket fuel, then bring up to room temperature and DIY (dilute with PG and/or VG, then add flavor) small batches.

My drop-in freezer fluctuates between -5 and -15 degrees Farenheit. I'll leave frozen steaks and porkchops in there for months without worry. But once I lost a package of hot dogs in there for about four or five years (excellent, German-style, skin-on dogs in cryo-pack purchased on one of our forays beyond the Cheddar Curtain). I thawed them, then lovingly simmered them. They hadn't gone bad, in the nasty bacterial sense, but they definitely tasted "off."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread