Frenzy kit by Geekvape...Charlie takes a close look :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Well hello again guys. Hoping you've all been doing well since the last review. This will be an unbiased review as always of the Geekvape Frenzy Kit which was given to me for the purposes of this review. It has been through my rigorous testing regime so my comments, as always are based on real world use :)

The Geekvape Frenzy Kit is the latest addition to the large pod market that has taken the vaping world by storm in the last few years. So let's kick off with some pictures showing the device and packaging first...

20190617_103817-jpg.823037

20190617_103840-jpg.823039

20190617_103817-jpg.823037

20190617_104356-jpg.823045

The Geekvape Frenzy kit contains...

A Frenzy kit with the 0.7 ohm kanthal mesh coil pre-installed.
A USB cable for charging.
A manual.
An SS316L coil which is rated at 1.2 ohm.
A warranty and promotion card.

The box itself has an authenticity sticker on so you can scratch and check that the device is genuine. The particular model that I received was blue and finished with black carbon fibre panels as you can see in the pictures. It will come in lots of different colours with either the carbon fibre panels or a swirled resin panel. Out of the box it comes with a yellow tab which prevents unnecessary activation whilst in transit. You must remove the tab before the 1st use. The Geekvape Frenzy Kit is built with stainless steel, plastic and either resin or carbon fibre. The e-liquid capacity is 2 ml.

The Geekvape Frenzy use its own Geekvape advanced AS micro chipset which provides the following features...

Boost when in TC mode.
Battery life indicator.
Precise temperature control to prevent dry hits.
Auto output depending on the function selected.

The built in battery is rated at 950 mah which is quite impressive considering its small form factor. 5 clicks turns the device on and 5 clicks turns the device off. The drip tip, which looks like a 510 is not removable although the whole pod is. The pod is held in with magnets. To fill you take the pod out and invert it where you will find a little press fit bung which is hinged. You lift that up and you're faced with a two whole system, one to fill and one to release air so an efficient and easy fill system. Adjacent to the fill port the is the airflow control which is fully adjustable to suit your vape. My Frenzy kit came pre-installed with the 0.7 kanthal mesh coil but to change to the SS316L 1.2 coil you turn the airflow control a quarter turn and then you can pull the assembly out. The coil is simply installed via a press fit system. Incidentally the coils used are the same as the flint kit by Geekvape so the coils are easily available.

20190617_104016-jpg.823047

There are three power modes on the Frenzy kit which are accessed by pressing the fire button three times in quick succession. You have three different power levels which are represented by different lights on the LED which is just above the USB port on the side below the fire button. The device will scroll through white, blue and then back to green. Green being the most powerful. In my opinion the mesh coil gives a more flavourful vape on the blue setting and the SS316L coil is great at the highest setting.

There is also an innovative temperature control mode which is automatically selected when the device detects that the SS 316L coil is installed. The corresponding temp and voltage are as follows...

2.5 for 420 Farenheit.
2.7 for 440 Farenheit
2.9 for 460 Farenheit.

The idea here is not so much to give you and adjustable TC vape but to provide a balanced smooth vape which will cut off when the pod device is empty and needs refilling. This is a great feature and leads me to my next point about the pod and the ease of seeing your e-liquid levels. There are three power levels in both wattage and TC modes which is a big pro in my opinion.

Part of the tank is opaque at the top but is very smoky and therefore difficult to see your liquid levels I found that you have to hold the tank up either to daylight or a lamp etc. to see it properly. This is only a small negative point point however and don't forget that this is hardly necessary in TC mode because the device will cut off when it's empty :)

Battery levels can be checked by clicking the fire button twice and are indicated as follows:-

Green 70% to 100%.
Red 0% to 70% which denotes, obviously a charge is needed.

The Frenzy battery charges from 0% in just over one hour and the battery autonomy is very good especially with the 1.2 ohm SS coil :)

The geekvape frenzy kit comes in a range of different colours in either carbon fibre or resin. Below is a screenshot from the Geekvape website showing the colours available...

colours-jpg.823059

Ok time to put a few more comparison pictures up and give my final thoughts.

20190617_104001-jpg.823055

20190617_104122-jpg.823061

Conclusions

The geekvape Frenzy kit has really impressed me. It is about the same size as the Orion or the Trinity but Geekvape have managed to iron out some of the problems that existed with those other pod kits. The drip tip is lovely and comfortable but it would have been nice if it was customisable.

The flavour is pretty awesome across the 2 coils but in my opinion the SS 316L 1.2 ohm coil produces the better flavour. I think that it is nice to have the mesh coil as an option as it will satisfy some of the direct lung vapers out there and you certainly can get a restricted direct lung hit. This works just as well with both the 1.2 ohm and the 0.7 mesh coil. Geekvape have done a brilliant job with the airflow control and no matter what type of vaper you are this one will suit you. You can adjust the device from a very restricted MTL vape to a restricted direct lung and as I mentioned the two different types of coils vape across this range just as well. Something that the competitors in the market have not achieved.

It is great that they do such a nice range of colours and the form factor of the vape would not look out of place at a business meeting especially the carbon fibre panelled versions :)

The filling system works really well and in my view has been well done. I have had no leaks or trouble with it in the time i've been using the Frenzy Kit. The replaceable coils are also a big plus along with the temperature controlled vape which is an innovative feature as I know from experience that these pods tend to end up dry without me noticing. This saves me from myself as it will cut off the power in these circumstances.

The battery charging is very quick and a great feature to have and the power adjust ability is great too.

So Charlie, is the Geekvape Frenzy another pod kit that you would recommend? Well, absolutely yes. I have tried quite a few different pod kits now and in my opinion this is ticking all my boxes and is probably beating most of the other kits for the top spot :)

I think that Geekvape have really looked at the market and listened here and come up with a kit which addresses nearly all of the bad points of other devices on the market. Go and try it and pick yourself up a few more coils while you do as I think it'll become your go to stealthy pod kit.

As always many thanks to Geekvape for sending the Frenzy Kit out for review and to you all for reading my reviews. I hope that you find them useful and that they help you with your buying decisions.

Next, in a few days, I will be reviewing the Geekvape Aegis Solo another good device, so look out for that. Wishing you all a very good day and rest of the week :)

Attached Files:

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
So I pulled the trigger and bought a Frenzy last night based on the reviews. Just like I bought an Orion Q and Drag Nano based on reviews here.

Guess what? All 3 of these devices suck the worst kind of eggs and are a waste of money. None of them can't even remotely touch the Caliburn I started my pod journey with.

I'm done reading reviews on ECF because they've all been wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: charlie1465

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
So I pulled the trigger and bought a Frenzy last night based on the reviews. Just like I bought an Orion Q and Drag Nano based on reviews here.

Guess what? All 3 of these devices suck the worst kind of eggs and are a waste of money. None of them can't even remotely touch the Caliburn I started my pod journey with.

I'm done reading reviews on ECF because they've all been wrong.
Care to elaborate why you don't you like the three you hate?

Reactions: charlie1465

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Care to elaborate why you don't you like the three you hate?

Sure.

The Drag Nano has minimal vapor output. There is also a significant delay in the draw activating compared to the Caliburn. Flavor is also much less than the Cali.

The Orion Q has great vapor output at the cost of reduced battery life. The vapor comes out too hot affecting flavor. It either needs adjustable output or a lower wattage out of the box. It's too much for the coil.

The Frenzy is cant produce enough vapor at low wattage and the higher wattage overheats the vapor.

In all 3 cases the coils just aren't up to the task of the chip and battery.

The Caliburn still beats them all on flavour and vapor volume without sacrificing battery life or coil longevity. Caliburn coils also re-wet faster for better chain vaping.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I have a very different opinion on ECF reviewers, and i've read my fair share. All i've read so far was informative and unbiased to me.
I can't comment on the drag as I hate their name...won't touch it with a ten don't pole.
The other two coil problems you have is merely a subjective thing that others will see differently.
As to the Orion...I knew the battery won't be the best, so I accommodate that.
I really don't see how you can blame the reviewers for the problems you're having....

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Uh... substandard flavor and vapor production is my problem? Okay.
To be fair, that's not what he said at all. He's saying your complaints are subjective, and that if an honest reviewer gives their opinion on whether they like a device, and then you don't like it, you can't really blame the reviewer.

I can't imagine buying something based on a single review. Or even based only on reviews. Like many here, I use reviews to learn about features, how-to, see it broken down & up close, etc. But in deciding whether to buy something, I tend to look at the aggregate of comments of users, not reviewers. Like if I see a lot of comments like yours about the Drag Nano not producing enough vapor, then I'll probably believe it's true- but not based on a single reviewer's comments. Same for the Orion Q- I happen to agree with you on that one. Far too hot for me, and not very good at dialing down to MTL. That's a common complaint around here about the Q.

So I guess I'm saying your comments above (when added to others) on these devices, are helpful and carry more weight with me than any of the formal reviews.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
The Frenzy is cant produce enough vapor at low wattage and the higher wattage overheats the vapor.

Uh... substandard flavor and vapor production is my problem? Okay.

Thanks a lot for those comments, as I am looking for a stealth MTL vape, clouds are my enemy at this point, and I am planning to use 1.2 ohm coil for Salts, so everything as it should be, for me! HAPPY.

your comments above (when added to others) on these devices, are helpful and carry more weight

Completely agree, see above.

One question to Frenzy owners. How long coils last, how many tank refills, especially 1.2 ohm? I can not find an answer to this question for the past 2 days, too much time spent already for this little poppy.

Thanks for the review Charlie.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks a lot for those comments, as I am looking for a stealth MTL vape, clouds are my enemy at this point, and I am planning to use 1.2 ohm coil for Salts, so everything as it should be, for me! HAPPY.

Completely agree, see above.

One question to Frenzy owners. How long coils last, how many tank refills, especially 1.2 ohm? I can not find an answer to this question for the past 2 days, too much time spent already for this little poppy.

Thanks for the review Charlie.
Okay, funny for me to say this, after you just agreed with me about listening to a composite of comments. How long a coil lasts, whether replaceable or whole pod, is one I kind of ignore (unless they're talking about different versions of the same brand). I've learned that no one vapes like me, and this is probably the one thing in a pod I don't really listen to. One person says they last forever, but may be one that doesn't have a sensitive palate. They might not rebuild their rta's for ages. Another says they don't last long at all, but doesn't really do pods. Everyone uses different juices, nic levels, wattages, vaping patterns, etc.

I'm sure many will disagree, but I don't believe there's a massive difference in coil life out there. There's definitely a difference, and some with good materials and design will last longer. But when it comes to pods from major mfgs, I don't really count on one lasting significantly longer than another. At least not enough to make it the one factor I consider over others. But then, I don't use the pods as my main vape, and use NET, so none last that long to begin with. And no matter what, TDS (total dissolved solids) are going to build up on the the metal of the coil at similar rates (assuming similar wattage/temp/volume), regardless of the coil.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
If I'm understanding, the entire pod is not disposable, but rather it uses replaceable coil heads like a traditional tank?
If you're referring to the Frenzy, yes it uses two (0.7mesh and 1.2ohm ss) replaceable coils that can be bought seperate.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I'm not the best judge for coil life on this, since I use a sweet tobacco, which I find sort of hides finished coils; but I get at least a week+ a ideal taste, and I've gone a good 2 weeks before changing...but even then, it was just cause it felt like time, and not because I needed to. I haven't hit the wall for 'must change coil' yet.

But again, I'm not sure how it would be with a pure fruit for instance. For as cheap as the coils are, I'm impressed with coil life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread