Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Rebuilding coil cartridges generally isn’t worth the trouble, though it is occasionally possible. The only reason to do it is if you can’t get replacement coils. If your coil cartridge costs are too high for you a better bet is an rta. They’re designed to be rebuilt.

Looking at the pics though it seems pretty standard. The insulator is clear which means it may be silicon rubber. If it’s plastic you may be SOL. The thing may have been molded into place.

The usual method for coil cartridges in general is to pull out the bottom plug leaving a rubber grommet ring visible.
You then (very carefully because they tear) pull out the rubber grommet ring. The ring is the electrical insulator between the positive center pin and the negative outer ring, so when you recoil them you sandwich one wire one the outside of the grommet and one on the inside, replace the grommet and plug, then cut off the spare wire. The grommets wear quickly so there’re only good for a few recoilings and it’s fiddly and takes a while to do. Easier to get a new coil cartridge. Unless of course you can’t.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
were could i check those frenzy rebuild kit?
as far as i know they all run disposable coils... is the same frenzy pod we are talking about?
I’ve never heard of a frenzy rebuild kit or any coil cartridge rebuild kit of any kind myself.

I got the impression from the OP’s post that he was talking about rebuilding cartridge coils. I googled frenzy coils and got pics of a fairly standard looking coil cartridge head that had a clear insulator (they’re normally grey) I spoke in general about rebuilding coil cartridges. A behavior that was occasionally possible back in the day but has been largely abandoned even for cartridges on which it can be done.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I think this is the rebuild kit for the Frenzy.;)
upload_2019-7-27_8-19-38.png

Just (kind of) kidding - I haven't tried the Pasito. Truth is, my Frenzy just isn't doing it for me. Love the form factor, but it's another device that just doesn't give a real mtl experience with dense vape when you dial down the airflow. And it makes me wonder when some brilliant engineers will use narrow slots, rather than round holes to adjust. C'mon, using holes to adjust is so 2013. With the round holes, it tends to be all or none- turn the ring 1/16th of an inch, and it's a massive difference, making it hard to dial it in exactly where you want it.

I got the Frenzy and Vladdin the same day, and the Vladdin is killing it. Using net, and getting 5-6 refills is amazing, and I'm absolutely loving the draw activation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread