The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Frequency of replacing 0.18ohm GT Mesh Coil Vaporesso Cascade Baby on the Vaporesso Armour Pro

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Stivako, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Stivako

Stivako Full Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Hi guys,
    Been a couple of years since I last vaped and wanted to get back into it.
    I just bought the Vaporesso Armour Pro with the Cascade Baby Tank Kit, and was wondering if vaping at low wattage say 40W, approx how often do these need replacing? I know it depends on how much you vape, juice, and many other factors, but roughly how long? 1 week? 1 month?
    Also, does anyone know the puff count on this device with a 21700 Samsung T40 battery, or any other 21700 battery?
    Thanks in advance!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    What juice are you using? Brand/flavor?
    How often are you refilling your tank?
    How long are your "puffs"?
    Which battery are you using?

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 2
  3. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Hi and welcome! As you point out rings like power, type of juice (sweet commercial ones will gunk things up faster), and of course how much you vape through it all influence the longevity. If you vape 30 ml a day it'll be a few days. If you switch off with something else so it's not in constant use and running maybe 5 ml a day a few weeks. Generally, and it's a big generally, if you're not running huge amounts of juice through any coil and primed and broke it in properly 2 weeks is not an unreasonable expectation. One week is more typical for single adv use, again depending on volume.

All that said, you'll have to see for yourself and you could very well get 4 to 4 weeks from it. Just stock up a little so you're not stuck without a replacement if it turns out to be a week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Just to give you a "ball park" answer of how long any coil head should last, I'll say 3 - 4 weeks if using a non-sweet and clear e-liquid ... less if a sweet or not clear liquid.

I'm a firm believer that your coils will last the optimal amount of time if you "prime" and "break in" your coils correctly at the beginning. This is the video which best displays the proper methodology.

I've never been a fan of the priming method of just putting "a few drops" of liquid on the cotton, installing the coil, filling the tank and letting it all sit for so many minutes. If the cotton is really thick and compressed, it won't necessarily absorb the e-liquid thoroughly. Take your time and do it right just like the above video shows. How well you prime the coil and break it in will help determine how long that coil will last and perform for you.

Never let a tank run dry. Once the cotton burns you'll never get the burnt taste out of the coil and will have to prime/break in a new coil.

In my opinion, the cotton wick goes bad before the wire coil goes bad. I change my coil heads when the flavor becomes muted or begins to taste burnt, or the draw becomes too tight ... all indications that the cotton is going bad.​

I've never used anything other than 18650, 18500, 18350, or 14500 batteries. You can generally get a ball park estimate by the capacity or mAh rating, but I won't guess as I've never used the larger sized batteries. Generally speaking, the larger the capacity rating of the battery the longer it will last per charge.

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. Stivako

Stivako Full Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Hi Izan,
    Thanks for your quick Reply, pls see below:
    What juice are you using? Brand/flavor? Nasty Juice Fat Boy
    How often are you refilling your tank? I guess 5ml per day max.....
    How long are your "puffs"? around 7-8 seconds
    Which battery are you using? Samsung 21700 T40

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Stivako

Stivako Full Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Thanks for the tips Eskie! Will stock up indeed, and have a feel for myself as I got this new vape kit last night.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stivako

Stivako Full Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Thanks for your reply Baditude, will check out the video asap.
    What do you mean by "non-sweet and clear e-liquid ... less if a sweet or not clear liquid."?? any recommendations/example?
    Thanks!

8. Izan

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    IMO,
    Malay juice is usually super sweet. That is gonna kill coils fast.
    If you are running 40W on those coils, you may be boiling the juice rather than vaporizing it, your ability to take an 8 second draw is kind of a warning sign that a high airflow atty is being used below an efficient level.
    Watch a few videos of folks using your device and attempt to mimic their technique; Draw speed, draw strength and the sound of air rushing into the tank.
    At five ml a day, I would think you would get close to a full days use from a 40T.

HTH
    I

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Well put.

Pointless to run a bigger engine than you need…when a smaller displacement will more than adequately do the job.

Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Stivako

Stivako Full Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Thanks for your reply Izan, sorry for my ignorance but don't understand the following, what do you mean by this "your ability to take an 8 second draw is kind of a warning sign that a high airflow atty is being used below an efficient level"? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Izan

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Long slow relaxed draws are not usually associated with big air atomizers and .18Ω coils.
    I vape at about .5Ω relaxed MTL at 17w and can not possibly take an 8 second draw.
    My wife vapes MTL at ~1Ω at about 10w, her draws are 5-6 seconds max.
    It is my opinion that the tank is not a good match for the way you want to vape.

HTH
    I

• Like Like x 3
  12. Stivako

Stivako Full Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Understood, thanks a lot Izan!
    Generally speaking have you guys tried the Vaporesso armour pro and/or the cascade baby tank? what are your thoughts? do you prefer mesh coils? are they more battery efficient in any way?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Emily McC

Emily McC Full Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Fantastic video. Best info I’ve found on priming the coil. As a newbie, just what I needed and I’m so happy I checked out this thread.
    Thanks for posting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Some flavors have natural or artificial sweeteners in them, these sweeteners cause carmalizatlon to appear oñ the wire coils. Dark colored flavors can do the same thing.

15. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I have other vaporesso mods, and a similar tank that takes the same coil. Their mods aren’t bad in batteries, in my experience, but some mods are a bit better. AsMODus and ones with DNA are better but cost more too, generally.

The coil you have is one of the best I’ve used. Admittedly, I use mostly RBAs now, but I could get 120 mls through that coil, and although I diy, my juice is usually as sweet as commercial, but I don’t have any really dark ones. (Both darkness and sweetness are hard on coils)

As for puff counters, I rarely pay attention to them. I noted a few times, just to see how long a coil would last. And you could reset yours when you change your coil, if you’re interested.

16. Stivako

Stivako Full Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Thanks DoloresRose!
    By 'The coil you have is one of the best I’ve used. ' do you mean the GT 0.18ohm mesh coil that comes with the cascade baby tank?

17. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

I have the same tank and the coils last me forever....maybe 5 weeks. It does depend on your vaping style though but i'm around 40w or a bit less with the 0.18 ohm.

18. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Im using the vaporesso NRG tank with .18ohm mesh. Mesh coils seem to last a week or two longer than wire coils. Another good tank that uses mesh coils is the horizontech falcon. This is an awesome tank and i get 3 to 4 weeks from the M2 coil and im a fan of sweet flavors like desserts and such. At the moment, im using a strawberry milk flavor. But the NRG tank with the .18 ohm mesh im vaping at 70watts with no problem. And expect to get at least 3 weeks out of it.

19. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Might get some more information in this forum:
    Vaporesso

20. Stivako

Stivako Full Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Thanks a lot Charlie!

• Love Love x 1