fried atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri
I was using 2 atomizers bought from the italian company "Life". I can't belive they both "burned" at the same time! Kinda one burned and after two cartridges even the auxiliary one went KO. I have them from 40 days I can't belive that each of these worked for 20 days only more or less! is it normal, or I'm incredibly "lucky"?

Test the resistance with a voltmeter if you can. Dry very carefully low heat and then try heating them up with your battery several times. Sometimes they can be resurrected.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I was charging all my batteries, and decided to boil the atomizers (3) in lemon juice, and forgot, and they burnt on to the bottom of the pot. 8-o So if you boil, consider this a warning after sympathizing with me. :(

Boiling - and drying in an oven - are not a good idea!

On the bright side, you won't do it again, and will help save others too :)

raltenbach

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
West Allis, WI USA
Had my first and sadly only atomizer die on me today. The battery auto switch was faulty and must've kept turning on, continually heating up the atomizer until it died. Not to good at DIY fixes, so I'll need to send both parts back. Bit of a learning curve for these things! Hope I can learn more about maintenance and care before I fry out the next one (whenever I can manage to get a replacement). Lesson one: Disassemble when not in use! Just hope I hear from the company before I break down and start smoking analogs again. Oh, and lesson two: buy replacement parts for just these occasions.

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a
Atomizer maintenance is a must.

More than Two months service...only maintainance done is dripping three drops on the mesh before every session,and blowing through the connection hole
(fluid blows out into napkin) before refilling.

All still blowin' veavy clouds?;)

Gone thru about 20 batteries tho' so started building modded ( manual switch ) boxes and passthroughs.
Will never buy an e-cig battery again!...Life iz good!

luvmyvapor

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Texas, USA
I just washed all my atomizers in alcohol, then water, then dry all day, and I'm having problems starting them up again. And the e-cigar seems to be dead. Did I kill them all?

:D Ha! I thought that too the first time I cleaned them.
I clean mine that way with a hot water rinse then a gentle blow out from the battery end. It takes a few drops of liquid and several primer type puffs to get them going again. There's wicking material in there somewhere that needs to be wet but not with water.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
My Safe & Suggested Atomizer Cleaning:

Rinse & Blow Out With Hot Water By Hand Only Several Times (No Boiling, No Chemicals or Additives!).

Final Rinse: You Should Always Rinse With Distilled Water Only, Regular Water Has Chemicals and Other Crap In it, So It Will Not Rinse Clean and Leave Hard Deposits Not Visible To the Eye.

After Rinsing: Blow Out Both Ends With Mouth Only (try not to spit). Let Dry Upright. Several Minutes to Hours Later Add 3 Drops Of Juice To Atom, Let Sit A Few Minutes. Then Vape Slowly, Then As Usual.

U Can Do This As Often As U Like. This Will Not Remove Flavorings But Will Safely Clean Enough Out, AKA Maintenance.. Always Avoid Heating & Heaters As Well (Hair Drier Med to Low Heat OK)

Excessive Heat, Chemicals Besides Dangerous Can: Loosen & Flake The Paint (in & out), Melt or Destroy The Silicone & Teflon Isolators Inside The Atomizers and May Take Your Finish Off.

FYI: Excessive Crud & Build Up Can Not Be Removed Safely or Effectively, If its Effecting the Vape its Time for a New Atomizer.

Hope This Helps.

Keep Vapin!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread