Friend Moving to Germany - Laws To Be Aware Of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapePassion

Reviewer / Blogger
May 13, 2015
Denver, CO
Hi,

I have a friend who is moving to Germany at the end of the month. He's a current smoker and has expressed interest in vaping to quit. I want to hook him up with something before he leaves, but I don't want him to worry about it being confiscated.

Anything that I should know before giving him some stuff? I was thinking about giving him a Heatvape Invader Mini 50w mod, a Kanger Subtank (4ml capacity), and some 15ml bottles of e-juice (already opened)

Anything I need to worry about there?

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Yup, that TPD stuff applies for sales only.

You're friend is good to bring that stuff you plan to give him into Germany/the EU for his personal use.
There's no limit in volume as far as I'm aware off, Nic level afaik is limited to 24mg/ml in some states.
(Of course the amount of liquid/Nic base must be small enough to be "believable" for personal use _if_ controlled by customs when entering at all)

Apart from that, while the EU TPD is active here in Germany, the restrictions (2ml tanks, 10ml juice bottles) only apply to new stuff until a grace period (afaik May 2017), so there's still everything available here. Nothing new is allowed to be introduced unless signed off by some agency (actually: if, after a testing period, _not_ denied from sales), but it seems that nobody cares. New products keep entering the market on a daily basis

Online sales is still legal as well, with German vendors employing a double age check. One while ordering which is done online and one that is done by the mailman delivering your package. He has to check that the person taking the package (whoever it is, neighbour, ...) is an adult (i.e. >18 yrs)

So no worries, we're still not as doomed as it looks (yet).
Hope it's not going to be a mess in the US after Monday! :)

Edit: Greetings to Denver. I'll be there in about 4 weeks (passing through while roadtripping the US for vacation) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: VapePassion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread