Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I recently met my Daughters new Boyfriends Father. He saw my Vape and heard about how great vaping is and wants me to get him started. I don't think he should start with RBA's. I figure maybe a single battery mod with a tank that uses replaceable coils. He wants to go the MTL route and doesn't want Big Clouds. What should I have him get? Any suggestions would be helpful as I only use rebuildable tanks.

Thanks in advance for your help. I look forward to see what's out there these days.

Did I spell rebuildable incorrectly? It's showing the red line under it that usually tells me that I miss-spelled it... Very strange

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
I'm having good luck with the Joyetech Ego One tanks. Drop in coils can be purchased, and the CLR coils are rebuildable (so room to grow, so to speak). I find the air flow well adjustable from airy MTL to restricted lung hits. My 2 biggest complaints are it can sometimes be a noisy draw, and the tanks are bottom fill. Otherwise, I really like the performance of them. The flavor is good and the CLR coils last a long time for me (YMMV).

I bought mine at LiteCig for pretty cheap, and they sell both sizes of the tank:
Joye eGo ONE V2 Mega Tank - Stainless Steel

ETA: There is a lengthy thread about the Ego One:
eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
An aspire zelos 50 watt mod with a Nautilus 2?

I think the ego mega tank is a great tank as well, the coils (you want the CLR coils, not the ones that come with it, and the 1.0 coils) are fantastic and get great coil life and the vape is fantastic. The coils can be rewicked and rebuild very easily for stock coils as your vape target gains familiarity with vaping.... The tank is bigger than the N2. I have seen ego mega stick setups on sale for reasonable prices from some of the online vendors the trick may be finding what you want in stock. Joytech has a USA warehouse and it can be found here, although I think you may be able to find a better price elsewhere (although it's not bad for what the setup does....)
eGo Mega Twist Plus Kit

Best of luck,

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Titanium p3 radius with a titanium kabuki, then. :lol:

(I'm sorry, I had to go there. It doubles as an APV/club.) Ahem.

If he wants a tube mod, I'm going to stick with the recommendation of the Ego One Mega Twist, but I think that an aspire zelos setup wouldn't be bad either. Even though it's light and pretty portable, it's also fairly durable, though he might want to go up to the 75 watt one depending on the lengths of his shifts....

Anna

Reactions: Stoneface

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
He's a State Trooper about 6' 5"... He said he doesn't want a tiny one.
Yeah, that's what she said...:lol:

One the more serious side, how would his employer feel about him vaping on the job? Some employers discourage or ban smoking on the job, and therefore also ban vaping. A lot of vapers "stealth vape" at work using a pod system because it is less detectable to authorities.

Reactions: Stoneface

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
He's a big

He's a State Trooper about 6' 5"... He said he doesn't want a tiny one.

Aegis with a Nautilus 2. On the pre-made coil side, there aren't a ton of MTL options.

The Geekvape Aegis was run over, dropped in water, thrown out a window onto concrete.

Looks like a "man's" mod too:

geekvape%20a-700x850_0.jpg

You could obviously go cheaper/smaller and ease your way in. But he's an adult with a real job. If he's serious I don't see the problem in spending a bit more and getting a bit more.

Single 18650 (or 26650) 3000 mah with a nautilus 2 will be great on battery life. Shockproof / Waterproof / Dustproof.

My mom's boyfriend is a 6'5 retired cop. We were at their cottage and he was drunk, topless, and hitting my Tarot Nano like a Millennial. Definitely looked out of place.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You know, the zenith tank, while being fairly on the cloudy side and having some issues, might be an option. The 1.6 coil (once broken in, that takes a while, like 2 tankfuls) is pretty tasty. I hear the 0.8 coil is the flavormonster out of the gate, but with my e-liquid (I can't use PG) it gets pretty cloudy, but I'm sure with a different liquid, it would be fine.

It's easy to operate, 4 ml, easy to fill on the go, and it seems pretty durable. I might consider that with that mod, simply because it's larger, it has good flavor (once broken in) and two coil head options, only I'd say the frustration of breaking in the 1.6 coil might be too much, in a way, but I do think it has better capacity, is equally robust if not more so than an Nautilus 2, and fill size might make this a better fit. I do think it has better flavor than the N2, once broken in (the 1.6 coil).

I don't know much about coil longevity and etc. yet, but I like it as a more cloudy (for me) MTL tank, and prefer the flavor once broken in to the N2.

The other option would be an Njoy Elf tank: It is pretty much the N2 done right (it accepts N2 coils though it comes with proprietary ones) but it is a true topfill, truly 2 ml instead of 1.7 or so, and much easier to deal with, with better airflow options (if you ask me). I have one because someone sent me one, but it's probably on par with a Kabuki clone only topfill instead of bottom, and slightly smaller capacity.

Just throwing some stuff out there.... There are more than the Nautilus tank for options, although I do think that the N2 is a great starter MTL tank....

Good luck,

Anna

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Titanium p3 radius with a titanium kabuki, then. :lol:

(I'm sorry, I had to go there. It doubles as an APV/club.) Ahem.

If he wants a tube mod, I'm going to stick with the recommendation of the Ego One Mega Twist, but I think that an aspire zelos setup wouldn't be bad either. Even though it's light and pretty portable, it's also fairly durable, though he might want to go up to the 75 watt one depending on the lengths of his shifts....

Anna
He wants a box mod and I find he wants to vape like he used to smoke. So I'm thinking low wattage, MTL only.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
He wants a box mod and I find he wants to vape like he used to smoke. So I'm thinking low wattage, MTL only.

There's nothing wrong with getting a high wattage mod and using a MTL tank. Only difference would be great battery life.

Just get a Nautilus 2, or whatever MTL tank; with a mod he's comfortable using (big/box mod).

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I recently met my Daughters new Boyfriends Father. He saw my Vape and heard about how great vaping is and wants me to get him started. I don't think he should start with RBA's. I figure maybe a single battery mod with a tank that uses replaceable coils. He wants to go the MTL route and doesn't want Big Clouds. What should I have him get? Any suggestions would be helpful as I only use rebuildable tanks.

Thanks in advance for your help. I look forward to see what's out there these days.

Did I spell rebuildable incorrectly? It's showing the red line under it that usually tells me that I miss-spelled it... Very strange
What did he see you using and did he like it? Why not one of your beloved Sinuous'? Too small?

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
What did he see you using and did he like it? Why not one of your beloved Sinuous'? Too small?
He tried my Evic Primo Mini with Ares Tank. I have to talk to him about all these suggestions and see which way he wants to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread