From Experienced Vapers, How Long Does A Cartridge Last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JULIA HUGGINS

Nov 29, 2018
Hi, newbie here! Longtime smoker here who just started vaping because I'm tired of smoke smell -- so far really enjoying it!

I typically smoke about 2 - 2 1/2 packs a week, I'm an occasional "puffer".. take a few puffs, put it out then re-light, etc.

Manufacturer says 1 cart is = 200-400 puffs but that's a pretty wide spread. From your experience how long does a cartridge typically last?

Thanks!
Julie

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi, newbie here! Longtime smoker here who just started vaping because I'm tired of smoke smell -- so far really enjoying it!

I typically smoke about 2 - 2 1/2 packs a week, I'm an occasional "puffer".. take a few puffs, put it out then re-light, etc.

Manufacturer says 1 cart is = 200-400 puffs but that's a pretty wide spread. From your experience how long does a cartridge typically last?

Thanks!
Julie
Hi and welcome,
What kind/brand of cigarettes are you smoking?

What vaping device are you talking about?
What is the nicotine level in the cartridge?
What is the size in ml of the cartridge?

Where are you located?

Cheers
I

JULIA HUGGINS

Nov 29, 2018
Hi and welcome,
What kind/brand of cigarettes are you smoking?

What vaping device are you talking about?
What is the nicotine level in the cartridge?
What is the size in ml of the cartridge?

Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Hi, and thanks! Should have posted that info...

It's a Vuse Vibe (menthol). The packaging didn't give the other details :( I can try to find out. I'm located in Washington DC

Thanks again!

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
It can vary a lot individually, based on vaping style and the liquid used. It's like asking how many miles do you get out of 1l of gas, the answer will be very different with the same car if you drive at rush hour in a city or sail down an interstate at constant speed.

JULIA HUGGINS

Nov 29, 2018
It can vary a lot individually, based on vaping style and the liquid used. It's like asking how many miles do you get out of 1l of gas, the answer will be very different with the same car if you drive at rush hour in a city or sail down an interstate at constant speed.
I guess I would be considered "rush hour". A few puffs in the morning, not at work, not in the car; about the equivalent of 3 cigs at night.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
The vibe apparently uses 48mg/ml freebase nicotine from what I can find. The cartrages are 2ml.

One of those cartrages would last me about one full day. But I also used to smoke roughly two packs of cigarettes a day. As some of the other members have already stated, it will depend entirely on how much nicotine you are used to consuming. Your usage may also be somewhat higher when transitioning from smoking to vaping.

If cost becomes an issue there are numerous options for pod systems that are probably considerably cheaper than the vuse. At least in the long run. Almost all gas station e cigs are grossly overpriced for what they are.

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

JULIA HUGGINS

Nov 29, 2018
The vibe apparently uses 48mg/ml freebase nicotine from what I can find. The cartrages are 2ml.

One of those cartrages would last me about one full day. But I also used to smoke roughly two packs of cigarettes a day. As some of the other members have already stated, it will depend entirely on how much nicotine you are used to consuming. Your usage may also be somewhat higher when transitioning from smoking to vaping.

If cost becomes an issue there are numerous options for pod systems that are probably considerably cheaper than the vuse. At least in the long run. Almost all gas station e cigs are grossly overpriced for what they are.
Only using the Fuse because I got it ultra cheap on special from the manufacturer; it's the first one I've used -- can you tell me the pod system you recommend?

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Only using the Fuse because I got it ultra cheap on special from the manufacturer; it's the first one I've used -- can you tell me the pod system you recommend?
I've been using both the Sourin drop and the Smok novo for the past few months. Both are pretty solid little devices. Over all the novo is cheaper for the device and the pods. Pods for the novo last around a week for me, sometimes more.

A 30ml bottle of 50mg nic salts on average is around $20 and lasts me around 3 weeks in the novo. The device itself is around $20 as well and comes with two refillable pods. So for about $40ish bucks you'll have almost a months worth of vaping. At least at the rate I vape.

In my area the cartrages for the vuse are about $10 for two cartrages, so for me I'd spend around $30 a week just on the cartrages. So it all depends on how much you end up vaping.

JULIA HUGGINS

Nov 29, 2018
I've been using both the Sourin drop and the Smok novo for the past few months. Both are pretty solid little devices. Over all the novo is cheaper for the device and the pods. Pods for the novo last around a week for me, sometimes mor

A 30ml bottle of 50mg nic salts on average is around $20 and lasts me around 3 weeks in the novo. The device itself is around $20 as well and comes with two refillable pods. So for about $40ish bucks you'll have almost a months worth of vaping. At least at the rate I vape.

In my area the cartrages for the vuse are about $10 for two cartrages, so for me I'd spend around $30 a week just on the cartrages. So it all depends on how much you end up vaping.
Thanks for the info, I'm going to check it out. I notice I really have to drag hard on the Fuse to get decent vapor.

In the meantime, you gave me a good estimate of how long I can expect it to last; my normal tobacco consumption averages 2 1/2 packs a week so I can use that as a base and, yes, I agree -- while transitioning I'll probably be vaping more for awhile.

Many thanks!!

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Thanks for the info, I'm going to check it out. I notice I really have to drag hard on the Fuse to get decent vapor.

In the meantime, you gave me a good estimate of how long I can expect it to last; my normal tobacco consumption averages 2 1/2 packs a week so I can use that as a base and, yes, I agree -- while transitioning I'll probably be vaping more for awhile.

Many thanks!!
You shouldn't have that problem with the novo. It has a fairly loose draw and produces a pretty decent amount of vapor.

As far as how long a pod full of juice will last it's hard to really say. I have fairly high nicotine needs so a pod lasts me around a day sometimes more sometimes a bit less. I'd say with your habit a pod full of juice should last 3-4 days. The pods themselves can be refilled around 5-7 times and a 30ml bottle of juice is about 15 full 2ml pod fills.

It's nearly impossible to calculate how long something like that will last you based solely on how much you smoked in the past. Everyone is different in how much nicotine their body absorbs. Either way something like the novo could save you a decent amount of money over the course of a month.

Find out about how long a cartrage lasts in your vuse and you should have a decent idea of how long a novo pod will last as they are the same 2ml capacity. The novo will likely last a bit less time as it produces more vapor per puff.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Thanks!
Julie

I believe a general consensus is 200 puffs is supposed to be equal to a pack of cigarettes..

So the advertised puffs is saying it's the equivalent of between 1-2 packs of cigarettes..

Therefore, in theory, if a pack or two lasts you a week, so should the cartridge.

I would consider the advertised puffs to be somewhat exaggerated, as everyone lies, or exaggerates the truth when advertising. It's always based on best case scenario, which real life rarely ever is..

But that's what they are saying anyway.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

Thanks!
Julie

Hi Julie and welcome to the ECF. :thumbs:

If by cartridge you mean a cartomizer, then it's very simple.

THEY LIED. All of them. Dirty, rotten bunch of thieving liars.

There were companies across the globe that made up claims and nobody could stop them. I tried and they threatened me with lawyers.

Fuse (the one by Vapouriz, for example) is a plastic clearomiser.

Anyway whatever version of 'Fuse' you have - ditch it. There's only 4 possible and regardless of where you bought it (I'm guessing you are UK) it's a poor product for a bad price.

There is no science to say 200 puffs is one cigarette. There are things we know and do not know. Either way, the yield of nicotine from 200 puffs is not going to be a packet of cigarettes - not with EU laws banning liquid above 18mg.

We know anecdotally how much liquid and of what strength people needed to use to feel their cravings were satisfied. I can do the maths for you if you want.

Get a decent system. Get something which you can refill. Don't shop at a store which is a 'brand' store. E-cigarette brands take hardware you and me can buy direct from the original chinese makers through independent stores. Why pay £40 for a £20 e-cig?

I personally use a Pod system 75% of the time. It's a Minifit by Justfog. I use 18mg liquid instead of my normal 6mg in 'large' hardware devices.

If you are UK, you can always PM me.

Good luck.

David

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks!
Julie
Welcome and glad you joined.
Good choice for first time vaper. Sounds like you may get 5-7 days per cart.
I'd give your current system a month or two while making a list of the attributes you desire from a vape system. What works for one person usually does not work for another.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly - Vaping360
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Welcome Julia,

It really depends on how much of a drag you take. Deep drags with lots of exhale, figure the lower puff number. If you take light drags figure the higher number.

Figure it to be similar to how you smoke a cigarette.

I like the Zero by Vapresso (mimics my favorite ultralight) and my wife likes the EQ by Innokin (mimics her Pall Mall blue).
Both are able to get us through a few days per refill and we recharge about 3 times a week.

Many vape shops carry them.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
E-cigs ≠ cigs
e-cig-puffs ≠ cig puffs

So you're going to have to go "on experience". Do what works for you to keep off the stinkies (once you finish them), that's the important thing. I know you're looking for an estimate, and that the kind folks here gave you one...no offense to them...but it may be an apples/oranges comparison anyway.

Also note that many systems are refillable, check youtube videos...assuming your question is budgeting related.

Good luck to you in making the switch. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the manufacturer's claims may be slightly exaggerated. I am doubtful everyone falls within that range, I mean everyone's inhale length, style of vaping (chain vaping is harder on most equipment) and etc. Well, it's going to be hard to say.

Once you do get through that "I am not wasting the cigarettes I bought" (which hey, up to you, really, although I will note that no smoker ever knows that "one" cigarette which put them over the edge into health issues occurred, so I hope they remain cheap and aren't later paid for in medical expenses) it's going to change in any case.

I will say if you are budget oriented, refillable pods may be the way to go for you. They're cheaper and I can't really recommend one as I don't use pods much.

One you get over that hump, there are also cheaper ways to vape than pod mods. Most of the savings you get come at the cost of more complicated things you have to do yourself, but if you are budget minded you may find yourself moving away from pods to other vaping systems. Or not. It does seem to be year of the Pod, somehow, so the good news is you have a lot to choose from.

The bad news is, you have a lot to choose from.

Welcome to ECF and good luck to you.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Diver9543
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread