The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Fruit and Tobacco Vape

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by gimmieshelter31, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gimmieshelter31

gimmieshelter31 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Baltimore,MD
    I'm working on a recipe that I'm finding quite tasty. It has only steeped for four days so I'm not going to tweak it until two weeks have past. I'm finding it very pleasant but I will warn that before today, it has been a bit harsh.

8.8 ml your base of choice (i used 65/35 pg vg at 26 mg/ml to start)
    1% - FA Perique Black
    2% - FA Latakia
    2% - FA Apple
    2% - FA pear
    2% - EM 10% dilute in pg (or cotton candy)
    3% - TPA Brown Sugar

If you try it ,let me know what you think .Please allow at least 4 days before passing judgement. I think the apple and pear mate very well together with the two chosen tobaccos.

2. gimmieshelter31

Mar 26, 2011
    Baltimore,MD
    I think the harsh note was coming from the apple and pear. It has really settled down nicely.If anything ,I'm thinking about a drop or two of MTS Vape Wizard but I'll wait a bit on that . If I have learned anything at all in DIY ,it is patience pays off.

3. ~Sue~Feb2012

~Sue~Feb2012 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    What does Latakia taste like? ... I don't have that one but this recipe sounds interesting.

4. gimmieshelter31

Mar 26, 2011
    Baltimore,MD
    I think Latakia is kind of smokey,woody with maybe some vanilla undertone may slightly floral though not near the level of floral that Burley and Cowboy . If you have tried Perique,it is similar but not as dry and metallic tasting. Taste descriptors are definitely not my forte :) Perique is IMO an acquired taste and requires long steep times when used alone.
    I can see ,depending on what kind of vape people prefer where a little sweetener like sucrose could be attractive to some in addition to the EM in this recipe.

5. ~Sue~Feb2012

~Sue~Feb2012 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    Thanks for the info. I didn't like the Burley or Cowboy. Sounds like I'll have to get some Latakia:)

6. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    Did you add all those flavors in one mix? Or did you separate the flavors and added like 2% to the PG VG and nic base?

7. gimmieshelter31

Mar 26, 2011
    Baltimore,MD
    Hi Jimi D. I added the percentage of each flavor to the mix for a total of 12% flavoring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.