Frusterated! New battery and Tank not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rotehexe

Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Davie, FL
So I have had my new Ego C 1000 twist for about 2-3 weeks now. Mind you I baby my battery and Vivi nova tank that I just bought a week ago. I have them on a lanyard and have never dropped it. I am careful about not tightening the tank blah blah blah. Today I took off the tank to clean it and saw that it was leaking in the battery. I carefully cleared the top of the battery, charged it because it was blinking fast, then when it was done 6 hours later I put it all together (after letting it rest) and nothing works. I have previously used my le cig pig for like a month with no issues and thought I would upgrade. And I was so happy to get the new battery and tank. Now I am annoyed and just feel like I wasted my money! Anyone have any ideas? Back to my faithful le cig for now. :(:mad:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've had a few eGo Twists and got juice on the top of a couple of them. What I found was that the conductive pin was a tight fit in the top of the Twist and I've never had an issue. I never did get any juice on the button. If that is what happened to you there is probably juice on the circuit board and you might be out of luck, unless you are good enough mechanically and electrically to understand what you need to do to fix this puppy.

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
Hi, if you do think it's the post, here is a P Busardo video on how to pull up your post. This is just a suggestion, but could the battery be turned off, have you tried clicking it 5 times fast, I did that once, was sure it was dead but it was only turned off. Perhaps its the Viva Nova and not the battery. I have that exact combo and love it, hope you find a solution.

A PBusardo Tutorial - How to Pull Your Post ;-) - YouTube

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I think the others are talking about the battery pin being pushed down, could also be that the VN center pin got pushed up. May want to try pulling that down a tad. I don't know why, but it happens to me sometimes when I take things apart to clean them then put it back together and the pin is pushed up.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
In situations like this, additional equipment is helpful. Try the vivi nova on another battery. If it works fine, then you know the battery is the problem (generally speaking). Alternatively, try another head on the battery, if it works, then maybe it's the vivi nova. There are many reasons that something might not work after taking it apart. It's really a process of elimination until you find what is wrong. I know it's frustrating, you didn't waste your money, please continue to solve the problem. It's not a bad setup and one that I used for months myself only a short time ago. Good luck. Many of the excellent previous suggestions will likely solve your problem. Backup batteries and delivery systems help alleviate the frustration somewhat. I would go nuts if my equipment failed and I didn't have a replacement instantly available. I have found that the equipment you are using is fairly reliable and still use them, particularly when I'm out on the town with the wife. Good luck to you!

k9rotehexe

Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Davie, FL
Thank you everyone for your help! I went to the vapor burst store this morning and asked them for help. Since I tried both my vivi nova and my startburst on the battery and there was nothing. So here is the outcome:
The battery is fine. (it was fully charged) They attached it to thier own vivi nova and it worked. The vivi nova had an issue. The part near the bottom where the small holes are was the issue. I guess the rubber piece that was inside had the holes punched but the tiny rubber pieces that were from the hole did not cut out all the way. They were still there and when i changed my atomizer on the Nova they moved and covered the holes. The young man took the entire thing apart in 5 min and figured it out. My startburst is not touching the battery for some reason. They sold me an adaptor and I am back in business. On top of that I bought another twist and a kanger MT3. Now I am really in business. LOL :vapor::D Happy again!!!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Nice ending :thumbs: Sometimes the post on the battery or the pin on the clearo, carto, etc can get pushed down and no contact.
Glad to hear you got it resolved.

Thank you everyone for your help! I went to the vapor burst store this morning and asked them for help. Since I tried both my vivi nova and my startburst on the battery and there was nothing. So here is the outcome:
The battery is fine. (it was fully charged) They attached it to thier own vivi nova and it worked. The vivi nova had an issue. The part near the bottom where the small holes are was the issue. I guess the rubber piece that was inside had the holes punched but the tiny rubber pieces that were from the hole did not cut out all the way. They were still there and when i changed my atomizer on the Nova they moved and covered the holes. The young man took the entire thing apart in 5 min and figured it out. My startburst is not touching the battery for some reason. They sold me an adaptor and I am back in business. On top of that I bought another twist and a kanger MT3. Now I am really in business. LOL :vapor::D Happy again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread