Frustrated and ready to ditch the Woodvil

Status
Not open for further replies.

girlsaint

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2011
NS Canada
My husband wanted to start vaping, so in celebration, I bought him a nice Woodvil.

Here is the problem. Right from day 1, it self feeds or something, and he ends up with gurgling, mouthfuls of juice, and is just generally frustrated. Since the Reo has such a fan base, I figured I would ask for help before we give up altogether. (I vape as well, but prefer 5v)

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
My husband wanted to start vaping, so in celebration, I bought him a nice Woodvil.

Here is the problem. Right from day 1, it self feeds or something, and he ends up with gurgling, mouthfuls of juice, and is just generally frustrated. Since the Reo has such a fan base, I figured I would ask for help before we give up altogether. (I vape as well, but prefer 5v)

The only time this has been reported to happen is while using an 801 adapter, or with large changes in temperature or air pressure. What kind of atomizer is he using? Is he using an adapter? Have you tried the reducer tube?

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
This will solve the "self feeding" issue. http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=9

As for flooding his atty's have him try this technique....

Squonking doesn't require seeing anything. Its an art we call "blind squonking". Prime your atty with driptip on and 6-8 drops of juice. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Apply about 3 more drops, and vape a few hits. At the FIRST signs of atty drying out, which are,...a "hiss" when you take the vacuum off the driptip, and/or a nasty burnt taste..do the following. Put your lips back on the DT and act like your taking a hit w/out pressing the switch. While drawing on the DT give the bottle a moderate to firm quick squeeze (unless your using a high vg juice, then it takes a little longer squeeze). As soon as you "feel" the change in "pressure/suction" caused by the juice entering the feed hole in the atty immediatley let off of the "squeeze", and vape. a few hits and repeat. Soon it will become "second nature" and you'll repeat the process w/out even thinking about the actions.

Last edited:

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas

Sounds to me like he's over-squonking and flooding the atty, but that's been addressed. I take in orphaned Woodvils, by the way. Not that my services were ever needed...

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
No mention of what atty's are being used?

Another thing to take into consideration...

306's are less forgiving and a lot easier to flood than 510's. I always flood my 316's and overflow the juice well. With 510's, I never flood it and the juice well only ends up with about 1 drop of juice in it at any time. I still love the 306's tho. lol.

LR atty's also work better when they are a little flooded and gurgly. If he's not using them, it may help.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Kindly ditch it in this direction please!

I am stunned it took 14 posts for someone to say that.

Well my take is this. Even though the REO is super easy, its not a beginner PV IMO.
I know others have done it, but everyone learns differently.

I really think you have to do some dripping and other methods to jump right into it.

Other wise you end up like the OP ... Something wrong but no idea what it is.
Its hard to diagnose when you don't know what normal should vape like.

All I can say is if you stick with it the Woodvil can me the absolute best vaping experience there is.

Just have to find the sweet spot of what juice/batt/atty/carto/squonk method/drip tip works best for you.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I find it a bit easier to use a cartomizer with my REO...I've never really picked up the knack of squonking into an atty. I'm still a newb though, and have only tried it a few times.

Absolutely easier.

But much different too. You can't go squonking on it like its an atty ... specially if your all ready flooding attys :)

I do the blind squonk and its about 1/5 the amount I would squeeze off for an atty.

girlsaint

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2011
NS Canada
Okay sorry for the delay...he is using a 510 connection, and has cartomizers, and regular 510 atomizers. He has both LR and regular cartos. The juice is 50/50 blend OMFG from Kalamazoo vapor shop- It is the only juice he will even attempt because he has some issues with fragrance sensitivity (AND COPD from smoking) and that doesnt make him cough.

I am definitely going to chase down the battery setup for vaping the Woodvil at 6v. That might help him some. He had a KR-whatever with prefilled carts and could not vape them because of the coughing... Reducer tube? wait. Maybe I can fix this for him. My personal preference would be the 6v, but he seems comfortable at 3.7..... so is there a tube I can just pick up somewhere? There is a listing for them on the Reo site, but none available....

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Okay sorry for the delay...he is using a 510 connection, and has cartomizers, and regular 510 atomizers. He has both LR and regular cartos. The juice is 50/50 blend OMFG from Kalamazoo vapor shop- It is the only juice he will even attempt because he has some issues with fragrance sensitivity (AND COPD from smoking) and that doesnt make him cough.

I am definitely going to chase down the battery setup for vaping the Woodvil at 6v. That might help him some. He had a KR-whatever with prefilled carts and could not vape them because of the coughing... Reducer tube? wait. Maybe I can fix this for him. My personal preference would be the 6v, but he seems comfortable at 3.7..... so is there a tube I can just pick up somewhere? There is a listing for them on the Reo site, but none available....

If coughing is a problem, do not try 6v. The plastic envelope that you got with the mod has Rob's business card, a spare 6ml bottle, and a tiny piece of clear tubing that you may not have noticed. That is the reducer tube. I think they are listed as available on the site, or were this morning. Double check the O Ring in the bottle top and make sure it is not askew, and that the bottle is firmly sealed.

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
The tube should have come in the little ziplock baggy along with a bit of noalox, an extra bottle and a business card. simply place the reducer tube in the bottom of the feed tube. I use this with my thin juices on a 510 carto and it works great. if you put in thick juice be sure to remove it. when I feed my carto I let the juice come up till i barely see it coming out in to the catch cup, then release from my squonk, wait one or two seconds and take a sharp drag without pressing the button. I am assuming there is a drip tip involved... if not there should be lol. There is a learning curve associated with bottom fed mods, but i am a newb with these as well. I am sure someone more qualified will respond. infact I may try and direct someone your way from the lounge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread