Frustrated beyond belief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrapper7

Nov 14, 2015
I'm frustrated beyond belief! I've been vaping with 'Vuse', for about one year. Everything was great at first. Then I noticed my cartridges weren't lasting as long as they should. Sometimes, for as long as 15 puffs or so. I was constantly changing them. On a fixed income, it's gotten very expensive, at $5.99 plus tax, per twin pack. I complained to the company twice, the second time just last week. They'll send me coupons for free twin packs, but, still... nothing for nothing, is still nothing. They have a recycle program, where you submit your used cartridges and batteries. I have a sneaking suspicion they're repackaging and reselling used merchandise. Has anyone else had this problem with 'Vuse'?

Reactions: thetrucker

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Cynical comment forthcoming... :mad:

Vuse is made by a tobacco company. Do you honestly believe they want you to stop smoking?

Vuse was wise to get their feet on both sides of the fence when it comes to e-cigarettes. They had been consistantly losing money and sales with cigarettes for the last several years, and decided to start their own line of e-cigarettes to cover their losses. In effect, they can't lose as long as you are using either their cigarettes or e-cigarettes.

I don't know the reasons why you haven't advanced up to a better vaping device than a Vuse or any type of cigalike after a year of use. You'd experience a far better vaping experience with either an Ego or mod.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:

Scrapper7

Nov 14, 2015
Cynical comment forthcoming... :mad:

Vuse is made by a tobacco company. Do you honestly believe they want you to stop smoking?

Vuse was wise to get their feet on both sides of the fence when it comes to e-cigarettes. They had been consistantly loing money and sales with cigarettes for the last several years, and decided to start their own line of e-cigarettes to cover their losses. In effect, they can't lose as long as you are using either their cigarettes or e-cigarettes.

I don't know the reasons why you haven't advanced up to a better vaping device than a Vuse or any type of cigalike after a year of use. You'd experience a far better vaping experience with either an Ego or mod.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
Since I have emphysema, vaping with liquid would actually be dangerous for me. It could result in an accumulation of fluid in my lungs, whereby, the possibility of pneumonia :nah:would be greatly increase. Thanks for your feedback.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Since I have emphysema, vaping with liquid would actually be dangerous for me. It could result in an accumulation of fluid in my lungs, whereby, the possibility of pneumonia :nah:would be greatly increase. Thanks for your feedback.

Scrapper, there is the same eliquid in those cartridges that is used in other, more advanced devices. No e-cigarette will work without e-liquid--they all use a mixture of PG/VG/nicotine and flavoring.

If you're worried about your emphysema:

Have you considered other ways of getting your nic fix? Swedish snus is the best and the safest--it's been studied for ever. If you can't get Swedish snus locally, American snus will do, but it's not as good. Using snus is best for ailing lungs, of course, because there's no inhalation involved--you just park a small pouch of purified tobacco under your lip and you're done.

I'm not a pulmonologist so I can't tell you if vaping is safe for people with COPD/emphysema, but one study conducted by Dr. Polosa from Italy seems to be encouraging:

Dr. Polosa, Italian vapor and tobacco expert, reviews e-cigs in BMC Medicine - American Council on Science and Health (ACSH)

"Among people with asthma and/or COPD (chronic obstructive lung disease, bronchitis and emphysema), improvement in symptoms was noted in two-thirds of smokers who switched to vaping. According to Dr. Polosa, taken together, these findings provide emerging evidence that e-cig/vapor product use can reverse harm from tobacco smoking."

You may also want to read this post by Smokey Joe, the founder of this forum:

My emphysema and vaping. Attention dual users. | Page 2 | E-Cigarette Forum

If you decide that you want to vape, talk to your doctor--show him the study, and give it a try. But be smart about it and vape defensively. Here's what I would suggest:

1) Don't inhale. You can vape and get your nicotine without inhaling--vape like you would smoke a cigar or a pipe. I do it often to give my lungs a break. It's fun.

2) If you must inhale, avoid flavored eliquids--stick to unflavored base (just PG, VG and nicotine, I like 70/30 PG/VG ratio) or choose very lightly flavored, clean, clear eliquids--menthol is the cleanest of all flavorings.

3) Vape at low wattages and use mouth to lung vaping technique--avoid high wattage/sub ohm cloud chasing.

Good luck!

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States

You realize Vuse uses the same ingredients as the other more advanced ecigs.

On the Vuse site this is the ingredients it lists:

VUSE Original Cartridges
  • Glycerol
  • Water
  • Propylene Glycol
  • Nicotine
  • Natural and Artificial Flavors

So I see no reason why you can't get a more better setup. They all use those same ingredients.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Scrapper, there is the same eliquid in those cartridges that is used in other, more advanced devices. No e-cigarette will work without e-liquid--they all use a mixture of PG/VG/nicotine and flavoring.

^This^ Vuse calls it V-Liquid but as Katya pointed out it is the same type of liquid we all use regardless of the device used.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
No, Trucker. The cartridge is well sealed. But, thanks for the suggestion!;)

Sometimes it just LOOKS well sealed. I used to be able to get the "sealed" logic cartridges apart to fill them up again. You have nothing to lose by trying to pull apart a dead cartridge by whatever means you have to and then reverse engineer a better way to get it apart once you see what you are truly working with.

Bubsmash

Nov 22, 2015
Well like everyone else has said to you here why you do not spend the money to get a proper device that will work way better than those things your getting now is beyond me. I vape all the time while driving with my 150W TC sigelei. Once my glass vial is filled up with E juice and sealed all up nice and tight its no different than holding a coffee in my hand. I also hold my class 1 with air brakes which is just the same as a comercial A license in the States. If your worried about it breaking you could always look into a pen style like a Kanger Evod 2 or something like that. Like everyone else has said here you have tons of options.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Despite us not liking Vuse, if you were satisfied with them I'd say possibly stick with them. But you're not. May just be getting used to it and taking big drags, or being pickier about how it performs, which is going to go downhill long before they're fully empty.

If you insist on a sealed system, NJoy has out a tank system with prefilled carts. There's also clearomizer(tank)-based setups in cigalike format: MigCig, V2; and lower cost open cigalikes such as Volt.

Coolhandluke

Moved On
    Nov 11, 2015
    Deland,Fl
    even if you could pop the cart and fill it the vuse is designed to count how many puffs was taken on that specific cart. i got a coupon for one in the mail and tried it out. it worked very well at first. but after a few weeks mine did the same and was reading the new carts faster than normal knowingly theirs more juice in it. they give great vapor production and just recently came out with more refill cart flavors. but the best vape pen that worked for me if they still manufacture it was the kanger evod starter kit and a basic 50/50 blend single flavor e juice. i bought it for $20 and still works.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread