Frustrated, exhausted, just want to vape. Help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I am at my wits end, and I'm ready to say uncle! Sorry, this will be long but you want details right? I'll try to be brief...
Pack a day smoker for 35 yrs on and off...mostly on. Hubby is 2 pks a day for over 40 yrs and has NEVER been able to quit.

Just discovered ecigs existed a couple of weeks ago, did some google searches and ended up with the "#1 in customer service and satisfaction" blah, blah, blah couples starter kit (v2, ya, I know). Ordering was a fiasco..out of stock on lots, mistakes made w/order...I won't go on, doesn't matter. What I ended up with is a decent passthrough, and 2 xxl auto batteries for each of us (husband and I). I love the passthrough, auto batts are ok, hate prefilled carts but find topping off and/or filling blanks with juice VERY satisfying, especially on the manual passthrough.

I need something more to carry (can't do that with the passthru!) around. I've been reading this forum allmost every waking hour for a few days and my head is swimming and I am no closer to making a decision on my next step (meanwhile still smoking 3-4 cigs a day). People say 510...I don't mind the size, or the button but at this point the idea of atomizers give me pause. One more part and expense.

I was all set to buy the Elite 808 then someone in another forum told me their expert friend said it was exactly like the v2's I already have...what?! lol! I don't mind spending money on a few samplers of juice to find my 'all day vape', but I really can't afford right now to buy several sets of hardware only to find it the same, or no better than what I have.

I have placed an order for some CE2 clearomizer carts and am excited about trying those...the taste of cart filling (polyfill) does not appeal to me, and I'm tired of buying prefilled carts only to find them dry or burnt tasting.

Should I stick with another cheap manual battery and try different cart types?? Go with a Riva with carts only option (again, I get hives thinking about atomizers!), pick up that pretty 808, or just keep reading and changing my mind and driving myself crazy???

I'd really like to give up the analogues completely but I don't see it happening with the auto batteries alone at this point. :blush:

I'm paving the way for my husband btw, who is still smoking 2 packs a day until we use up all our ryo supplies and I get this thing all figured out....poor guy lol!

~Patti

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
Pick up that pretty 808 and forget the rest.... That just my opinon....
But be shure to get gen 2 types. Meaning Bloogs Maxxfusion or Jacvapours v3 or the Volt etc..

If you do horisontalcoil cartos and stick to the batts that are meant for them, you shouldnt have problems with poly or burnt taste. I let them sit a couple of minutes though, when filling a fresh one. I left all the rest in the gutter when i tried these. 510's, fatbatts, MOD's, tanks, ce2's, the works.
Because i dont like fiddling around to get it to work.. I just wanna decent th and some flavour. And my mind of analogs.. Havent had a single craving for them since the gen 2 808, and might i ad, the bloog batts have worked for 9 months on several charges a day( cus i only use the shortest ones)

There are heaps of people who will tell you, you need such and such bigger device, but when it comes down to it, these are the most ciglike experience you'll get. Shure they dont have a 14000 mAh batt, but i personally like to change during the day.. Diff colours for diff moods right? ; )

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
+1

MichelleDen is right on! But that "expert friend" doesn't know what s/he is talking about. The Elite 808 is quite different from the V2. I agree that the Elite is pretty, but that is not the most impressive thing about it. The TH and vapor are outstanding and the flavor is very good (although I slightly prefer the cigar-sized Leo for flavor). Check out reviews by Phil Busardo, yours truly, and others.

ELITE-4.jpg

[Elite 808 on top; KR808D-1 (e.g., VOLT or Maxx Fusion with 78mm battery option) below]

I also agree with MichelleDen about the VOLT and Maxx Fusion. [I'm not familiar with the V3 cartomizers from JAK Vapour in the UK.] They are probably the best of the small, automatic e-cigs ... and are compatible with the Elite, BTW. I reviewed the Bloog Maxx Fusion back in February. Since then, Smokeless Image came out with the virtually identical, less expensive VOLT.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
If I were to go with something bigger for the mAh it would right now, deffo be the elite.... Like for a backup, should i ever get caught without power somewhere..

The thing about vaping is, as everyone will tell you, that our tastes and top priorities are enormously different, so almost impossible to say what will work best for someone they dont know.
But it seems like you dont wanna mess around too much, but just wanna get going and forget the analogs. And if attys bother you( me too) then the gen 2 808 or the elite are perfect. If you later get bored and wanna experiment, all the info will still be here, on how to do that; )
Great pic Daboom the elite is really nice looking. Now if they just made it auto....

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I think that the others pretty much covered what I would have said but I just want to add do not give up! Most of us went through the same as you when we started out. Making the wrong choice of a PV, having to find the right hardware and juice that worked for us, etc. This does and will work for you and your husband if you want it to. There is a learning curve with it but is so well worth it in the end. Good luck to you!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
If you want a high-mAh, automatic Kr8-compatible, get the 1300 mAh Echo (e.g., $40 from SmokTek). I reviewed it a few months ago. It is much larger, of course, but streamlined in shape when using its own 3ml-capacity cartomizers ... and the dual coil version are quite effective.

1300chromeEcho.jpg

Last edited:

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Thank EVERYONE so much for your responses! Being the impatient sort I am, and having posted this several days ago only to find it was 'invisible' unless or until someone decided to answer it, I decided to go with the Kgo. Phil's video and review pretty much decided me since I was undecided on the Elite, and Phil said throw the atomizers in a drawer and use cartos and that hit a Bingo with me! I'm just breaking it in but I have YET to have to charge one, and using a 1.5 clear dual coil cart on it is HEAVEN! Price was right and I honestly love the size and it's 'pretty' too ;)

I've been advised that 'resurrectors' are the way to go (waiting on an order), and I'm looking for a decent tank that won't break the bank, and may try LR Boge later as well. Hoosier Ecig (where I bought my kits) also had adapters so I can use all of my 808 cartos and things on the kgo, and the options are really endless!

The best part is I'm no longer a slave to the charger, it's starting to feel as comfortable in my hand/mouth as an analog, and yesterday was the first day I didn't want or have an analog all.....day....long!!

I do sooooo appreciate everyone and all the info contained on this board! I am eternally grateful, and for any newbie in the same situation that I was in when I posted this, as you've all already said, do NOT give up! There is a perfect ecig solution for you, and you CAN quit smoking w/o missing it at all!

Thanks again,
Patti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread