Frustrated Lavatube V2 Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardelite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have to say that my experience with the Lavatube V2 from Volcano eCigs is less than stellar and it's a product that I can't recommend to anyone. This is a shame because I really want to like this PV. But this device seems to be extremely buggy.

I received my first LavaTube V2 the first week of February. Within 2 weeks of using the device, I started getting an 82 error message and the device would just shut off. At first I was able to get turn it back on after 5 clicks but after a while that didn't even work. It came to the point where I would have to take out the battery and reinsert it just to get the device to turn back on.

Frustrated I looked at Volcano’s branded forums for a possible solution. Forum moderator "Artist Boy" states that the code 82 error is an issue with the unit and it needs to be returned!.

I call customer service and explain to them my situation. They had no clue what the 82 error was but went ahead and sent me a replacement.

After sending back my first device; I did receive confirmation that my first device was defective.

I received my second device and within a couple of weeks the code 82 error with the random shut offs returned. It would be random in the beginning and then got progressively worse.

Frustrated, I called customer service again, explained to them my situation and they sent me a THIRD Lavatube V2! I received my third device this past Saturday and within 24 hours of using my third lavatube V2, the code 82 error has returned, and this device has shut down on me twice already. However, I did not have to take the battery out to turn the device back on but I’m afraid it’s just going to get worse.

Extremely frustrated, I search online. Again Artist Boy states that the code 82 error means there is an issue with the unit and it needs to be replaced. However, I've also read that it could possibly be related to the threads being dirty.

I looked at my second device and I will admit that the threads were pretty messy. However, I looked at my third device that I've had less than 24 hours and the threads are perfectly clean, yet it's still spitting out this code 82 error and just shutting off.

So what is the real issue here? Is it the dirty threads or a defective device? I can’t get a clear answer from Volcano and I find it hard to believe that they can send my out not one, not two, but three defective devices.

Note that all I use are Viva Nova's or an AGA-T+ genesis style atomizer. These thanks have performed perfectly on my eVic and my Lambo. Also I use AW IMR 18650 Flat-top batteries.

Needless to say, I really want to like this device but I'm so frustrated with the experience with the Lavatube V2 that I just want to return both devices that I have and get my money back.

Last edited:

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
As I said in response to your other post, it is a power error.

It an mean there is an internal power issue or a connection issue, like dirty threads causing issues.

I am once again sorry to hear that you are having issues. Please let our CS team know, and we will do all we can to correct the matter.

wizardelite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I finally had a chance to talk with the customer service rep and I will give you guys some credit. Your customer service is pretty impressive.

Anyways, when I talked with the rep about my experience and explained to them what the code 82 error was. He stated there has been problems in manufacturing with the specialty colored lavatubes, especially black.

He said that somehow the paint job on these devices are causing some internal power or connection issue between the battery and the device.

Then he stated that they have had no issues reported with the gold lavatube and only a few minor reports with the chrome lavatube.

So in the end I requested a gold lavatube to be sent out to me. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

One question I do have. I've been using AW IMR 18650 Flat top batteries. Would the AW IMR 18650 button top high drain batteries make any difference?

wizardelite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
good luck with the new one:) i use Noalox on all my threads on all my devices seems to cut down on errors and helps maintain the threads not that it sounds like this is your issue but just a though:)

Thanks! I've never heard of Noalox. I'll have to check that out.

Platemail

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
Vamo, Florida
I finally had a chance to talk with the customer service rep and I will give you guys some credit. Your customer service is pretty impressive.

Anyways, when I talked with the rep about my experience and explained to them what the code 82 error was. He stated there has been problems in manufacturing with the specialty colored lavatubes, especially black.

He said that somehow the paint job on these devices are causing some internal power or connection issue between the battery and the device.

Then he stated that they have had no issues reported with the gold lavatube and only a few minor reports with the chrome lavatube.

So in the end I requested a gold lavatube to be sent out to me. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

One question I do have. I've been using AW IMR 18650 Flat top batteries. Would the AW IMR 18650 button top high drain batteries make any difference?

Hate to tell ya man, I have the gold lavatube and i'm getting this error code like crazy too. about a month of ownership.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yup. Same here. I like my device and I don't wanna get rid of it because it works so well when it does work. But like yours, mine is getting worse. Fortunately I still have plenty of time left on the warranty. I just want a backup VV mod before I go without one while waiting for a replacement. It's a damn shame. I'm really a Volcano fan, especially after the Inferno was so effective in getting me off the ciggys, and I hate to hear all the bad rap the LavaTube is getting because of this issue. I'm kind hoping there will be some sort of notice that Volcano has done something to fix the issue and I'll be able to get a more dependable device when I do swap it. At least i finally know what the 82 means. I can let Joe know at the actual Volcano B&M since he's been unable to explain it himself.

TattooedSkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Las Vegas
I had the same issues with my blue v2, I took it into the kiosk in las Vegas and the manager added some noalox compound to the threads of the pv amd I haven't had an issue since. In fact, since then I bought a black v2 and I bought a small bottle of noalox for personal use, I added it to the black v2 and haven't had a issue from it.

wizardelite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, my Gold Lavatube V2 didn't work out. This is my fourth Lavatube from Volcano and I'm still getting the 82 code error as well as it constantly powering off.

I just shipped this Lavatube V2 back to Volcano and I'm requesting this time to get my money back.

Folks, stay Far away from Volcano. This has been the worst experience with a vendor to date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Petej

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
Bellingham, WA
I occasionally get an E1 code but it always powers back on and doesn't give me issues. I do have some issues with the fire button, but nothing the CS team can't handle. :) I'll be sending mine back (four months after notifying them, it's my fault since I have been working 12hour days, 6 days a week) here next week for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread