The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Frustrated with Canadian Vendors

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by bishopmolson, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bishopmolson

bishopmolson Full Member

Oct 28, 2012
    canada
    I find it frustrating that I watch reviews on new and cool products but can never find them for sale from Canadian vendors.
    It looks like Canada is a Joyetech world.
    imo

2. struckus

struckus Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    canvape has tons of new stuff..they have the vamo zmax etc..what were you looking for?

3. deeLux

deeLux Full Member

Dec 3, 2011
    AB, Canada
    With the exception of juice, you shouldn't have a problem getting anything you like into Canada, most vendors will ship here. Sure it'll be a few extra bucks, but that's just how it is up here right now, the industry is still growing. It does suck, but that's how it is for now unfortunately.

4. DuaneNeveu

DuaneNeveu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've found most everything I was looking for with only a couple of exceptions, but that's mostly because of a great resource sent to me from another member.

Sending it to you in a private message now...

5. bk78

bk78 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    Everything I own comes from Canada except my provari. Your just shopping in the wrong places obviously :facepalm:

6. DuaneNeveu

DuaneNeveu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I can empathize with bishopmolson...as I tried learning from these forums, I got to the point that I had read so many announcement and sticky threads that after a while, I just started scrolling past them to get to the new posts. I had missed the Canadian Juice w/nic Supplier List - via PM only thread for a while even though it was right there in front of me.

I only ended up finding it after a search one day.

7. larktdl

larktdl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    There are lots of very good vendors here in the Great White North. The only time I order from the US is when a new product hits the market in the US first ==== this is only because I can't wait GOTTA HAVE IT NOW! However, Canadian vendors always eventually have the new stuff. In some cases, we get 'em before the US.

I do believe that the UK always gets new stuff before the States or Canada.

If I may ask, what are you looking for?

8. SoUnique

SoUnique Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2012
    Onatrio, Can.
    I guess I must be the kind of gal that doesn't need stuff the day it hits the stores.

I have been very satisfied with the hardware I've been able to get here at home. It is true that we don't have as many vendors as some other countries, at times not as many choices of stuff right away either, but when my vendor of choice, who is canvape, brings it in, I'm pretty sure it's a great product that is either new, or better then what is already offered to us.

I consider myself a new vaper with almost a year in and I have watched the Canadian market expand and grow in that time. Quite honestly, I am very happy with our Canadian vendors.

IMHO Canada is in no way a joyetech world

9. gmypc

gmypc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2012
    GTA, ON
    Hello! Can someone point me to a supplier that carries did/genesis clones? I know of canvape and eastsidevapes but like to know if there are any others?

Thanks and happy Black Friday!

10. larktdl

larktdl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    Vaporgeek.com

11. Mindfield

Mindfield Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    I hadn't heard of this one before. Any idea how to contact them? They don't seem to have that sort of information on their site.

12. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Not at all, bishopmolson..... and to be fair, I've had excellent customer service from every Canadian vendor I've dealt with and heard great things about the ones I haven't. Have you requested the list? (see sticky topics)

Communicate with them and let them know what you're looking for. They may be inclined to get it, or have a recommendation for you of something they already carry that is equivalent.

Sorry you're frustrated, but I'm sure a lack of communication is a large part of the problem. Give them a chance to impress you :) I'm sure they will :)

13. tygertyger

vaporgeek[dot]com :)

--- edit ---

Doh! larktdl beat me to it..... should have read more first ;)

14. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    as far as i'm concerned canvape's prices especially being in Canada are ridiculous..if you can find it at CV then you are doing well..and they carry a lot of great stuff..so glad they are close to me and get my stuff to me in a day..

15. tygertyger

Yup, right under their company logo in the upper left of all their pages is a "Contact Us" link that takes you to an email form, and lists two email addresses as well. :)

Really? I've found much of their stuff is quite reasonable. But it's all about tradeoffs. There are definitely cheaper places outside our borders to order from. Then you decide if you want to pay CRAZY shipping rates, or go cheap. If you go cheap, then you bunker down and wait.... and wait.... and wait.... then wait some more. And forget about support. It's not that they're terrible, just that their prices and business are not designed for supportive customer relations and help with products.

When you order from our Canadian vendors, you can ask questions, ask advice, get help after the sale, and expect and get help should a product happen to be defective. The prices might be slightly higher, but what you get has value added. Faster fulfillment, and world-class customer service. And no, I don't work for any of them ;)

I personally don't think there's any "wrong" way to shop, and it comes down to knowing what kind of consumer and vaper you are. Price point and service and support always exist in balance.

16. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    yeah I find there prices cheaper than most US vendors..their vivi is 8.95 and I have a hard time finding it for under 10$ in the US..the VAMO is 39 at Health cabin but you need to pay 15-22$ for shipping..they charge 50+10$ shipping..it's really really close in price to even Chinese prices..US shipping is very rarely offered at a reasonable rate..it's highway robbery most times..madvapes offered first class mail but not many do from my experiences looking around..I don't know i've been really impressed with the low costs canvape offers

17. tygertyger

Oh! I'm sorry struckus..... I misread "ridiculous" in your first post..... now I see you meant that they were low. Gotcha.... seems we're on the same page then ;) And as a side note, Canvape has been consistent in getting stuff out quick. I've got a few items tracked to arrive Monday, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them show up tomorrow. Wouldn't that be nice! :)

I was recently referred to a vendor in the US for a ridiculously low priced SmokTech DCT.... $4.99..... but they want $18 shipping to send it! No deal.

18. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Lol yeah isn't that a nice shipping rate?

And yes I meant ridiculous as being ridiculously good for being in Canada..glad we're in agreement ;)

19. bishopmolson

bishopmolson Full Member

Oct 28, 2012
    canada
    Thank you for all the replys and the list of dealers.

20. VIPOD

VIPOD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2010
    NB,Canada
    No reason to get frustrated...try being me 3 years ago, it was a barren vaping land.

We have excellent Canadian hardware vendors now (with the exception of high-end mods) , and a few good ejuice vendors. I probably purchase 75% of my hardware from Canada. Unfortunately, I have a handful of US ejuice vendors that I refuse to give up. HC is not helping on that front, but the industry is evolving.

I would be remiss in not mentioning some of the quality Canadian reviewers out there as well who support the vendors locally.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.