Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
they tend to last a good 12-13 hours (almost non-stop vaping, I'm used to snus so I don't seem to ever put it down); however, on the refillls they seem to last a few hours.

I find it funny that you say 12-13 hours almost non-stop and the post above you deback says only 1 hour. I just don't get it.

I like you get about 10-12 hours on my pre-filled ones. And like you I get less on my refills. I don't understand why anyone would buy empty cartos ???? WTF ?
They are the same price either way. Find a good supplier that has pre-filled that you like and at least start with those. I like liquidXpress pre-filled cartos, they last great, never DOA, and the flavors rock.
Really if each carto holds 1ml, why would you order empty and pass up 5ml of juice for free with each box.
Can anyone that orders empties explain why they do this ??

ashora

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
fulton,ny
I find it funny that you say 12-13 hours almost non-stop and the post above you deback says only 1 hour. I just don't get it.

I like you get about 10-12 hours on my pre-filled ones. And like you I get less on my refills. I don't understand why anyone would buy empty cartos ???? WTF ?
They are the same price either way. Find a good supplier that has pre-filled that you like and at least start with those. I like liquidXpress pre-filled cartos, they last great, never DOA, and the flavors rock.
Really if each carto holds 1ml, why would you order empty and pass up 5ml of juice for free with each box.

some dont like the taste of pre fill. others have there fav juice. also i herd nicotine wears down over time.

ajfromCT

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2010
CT

Why empties? In my case its a matter of personal taste. I mix my juice and want a clean carto. When I first started I tried prefills and they were horrible. Also I refill often with my 801's ( look at my previous post above). Also, my cost for 5 ml is about a dollar.

Last edited:

Rudforce

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
IE, CA, US, Earth

Because eastmall doesn't have prefilled cartos, and even if they did they'd be full of nasty juice ;)

Why do you not order cartos 100 at a time from china? They're only $0.97/each that way (shipping included), that's half price (ish).

Sanat

Sep 9, 2010
Knoxville, TN

Maybe I'm just not refilling them right (or perhaps because I don't let mine sit overnight at refilling) but yes I get quite a long time from first time use. After that it fades, probably due to not letting them sit. Lol. I'm a little greedy.

alovingmommyof3

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2010
Midwest
Because eastmall doesn't have prefilled cartos, and even if they did they'd be full of nasty juice ;)

Why do you not order cartos 100 at a time from china? They're only $0.97/each that way (shipping included), that's half price (ish).

What is the site for the ones in China? Are they any good? Can they be filled multiple times? Do they hold much?

Rudforce

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
IE, CA, US, Earth
What is the site for the ones in China? Are they any good? Can they be filled multiple times? Do they hold much?

I'm getting em from eastmall.net and have been pretty happy so far. The DPV9 cartos seem to be exactly the same on the inside as V9's Turbos and V4L's CoolCarts. Only real drawback is that they have a glued-on hard cap so it's the condom method for filling (dripping through the battery-end hole is a losing battle to me). They seem to hold about 1.5ml (for the first fill I put in 30-32 drops), and then about .75-1ml (15-20 drops) for refills. Repeated refilling of one cart seems to get about 4 days of use before it starts vaping less or tasting odd, then it's into the jar for later washing.*

We've had a couple go "bad" and get tossed, probably due to failing to refill before burning. One spontaneously died (after it's 3rd fill), the multimeter showed it as 33 Ohms which I thought was somewhat strange. One just leaked like crazy so it got tossed after only one fill. Still, we've never had a totally bad one that didn't get at least one use.

* Washing footnote - With the glued on caps it's a bit more tricky to get em ready for washing. I've got the caps off of some by smooshing/cracking the glue with pliers, but I've damaged more caps than I've saved. I've read that sticking the cap end in boiling water for a minute softens it enough to pull the cap off. I've not yet tried that myself.

Tinman402

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
pulaski, tn
I haven't had this problem yet.. What type cartos are you guys using.. The regular 510 cartos with the rubber cap and filler in them I tend to check them every so often and make sure they still look nice and wet. Top them off if they aren't.. When I am using the EGO style XL cartos you can't see in them to tell so I tend to use a wierd method but seems to work.. When they are running dry they get warmer near the bottom than they normally do.. When it starts warming up quicker after a few tokes I go ahead and add 1ml of juice with the syringe.. So far I have yet to burn up a carto.. Wish I could say the same for LR 510 attys..lol.. My 306s seem to be holding up like champs though..

Hope this helps...Tell us what you are working with and maybe the info will be more helpful..

salliezoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
(Big Island) Hawaii
I'm new to Cartos and lately I've gotten quite a few boxes (of 5) of the 510 cartos with one or more DOA ones, do most people just write this off as the cost of vaping or what?

I wouldn't find that acceptable at all. Change brands of cartos or change vendors. I experimented when I first started vaping and definitely found a difference between brands. I found that "Boge" 510 cartomizers are very dependable and haven't received a DOA yet...and I buy alot because my husband and I are in the process of trying like a thousand new flavors LOL! I buy them at Joye eGo | Joye 510 | Electronic Cigarette supplies | Batteries, atomizers, cartomizers, e-Liquid and more!. (Make sure they are "Boges" as VaporKings sell two different brands of 510 cartos there). I'm sure others have other sources for Boges as well. I learned early on that buying less expensive cartos will ultimately cost you more in the end. Cheaper ones will burn out faster and there is also the DOA problem.

As a suggestion for your DOA cartos, try this...on the thread side there is a round dot in the bottom center of the carto. Use your fingernail or a tiny screwdriver, and very gently run it around the outside of that center disc...just slightly lifting it UP (towards you) as you do so. I've noticed that sometimes this will fix the DOA carto by allowing it to make contact with your battery. Apparently that little disc can be pushed down too far and its not reaching the contact in the battery. That has rescued many an apparent DOA cartomizer on some of those cheaper brands I used previously. If you are going to throw it out anyway, it is definitely worth a try...you have nothing to lose at that point.

Last edited:

slr817

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
Nacogdoches, Texas
Salliezoo, Thank you, I'll definately take your recommendations and buy some of the Boge 510 cartomizers. I think you are right about the cheaper ones as the ones I've been buying are like $6.95 for 5, fairly cheap but when you figure in repalcement costs and S&H because I'm constantly having to replace them so often, it's not so cheap after all. I can see I would save money buying a better brand, but until now I didn't know that there were better brands or what they were. Also Thanks for the tip on the DOA cartos, maybe I can revive a few, LOL.

salliezoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
(Big Island) Hawaii
sir817...hope that works for you, One more suggestion my husband just reminded me of...If you do place an order at VaporKings, they do sell a few flavors of "pre-filled" cartomizers. Interestingly, they are the same price as their blank cartomizers. The good news is, they use "Boge" cartomizers for their pre-filled ones. So if you find a flavor you like in their prefilled cartos, you at least get some juice out of the deal and then can refill them after you finish it off. Always makes us feel we are getting a bit more bang for our buck LOL! Some of their prefilled flavors are really good, some so-so. But taste is always such a subjective thing, its foolhardy for me to recommend one over another to you. You just have to bite the bullet in the beginning and experiment. Actually half the fun of vaping. Remember you CAN refill a prefilled carto with a "similar" flavor that you prefer and it won't be wasted. For instance, their prefilled coffee flavor is not one of our favorites, just okay. But we refill it with a coffee or cappuccino liquid we prefer...and it masks (or mixes with) the original flavor just fine. Once (by accident) I refilled a coffee carto with a vanilla flavor. A happy accident...ended up discovering one of my new favorite flavors "vanilla coffee" Who knew?

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
When I received my first order of 510 Boge Pre-Filled Cartomizers, I was able to add at least 20 drips of liquid into every one of them. Some took 25 to 30 drops. When vaping, before I added more liquid, they felt way too dry, and the taste wasn't very good. So, since then, I've ordered the empty cartomizers, so I can add my own liquid - without having to ever taste any bad pre-filled liquid.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
* Washing footnote - With the glued on caps it's a bit more tricky to get em ready for washing. I've got the caps off of some by smooshing/cracking the glue with pliers, but I've damaged more caps than I've saved. I've read that sticking the cap end in boiling water for a minute softens it enough to pull the cap off. I've not yet tried that myself.

To get the glued-on caps off, you can use a fork and pry it off slowly by moving in a circle with the fork and pry a little at a time. After you go around the cap a couple of times, it should pop off.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
alovingmommyof3 - Here's the best price I've found on a box of five Boge 510 empty cartomizers with soft caps - $7.95. They will fit your eGo and are much less hassle to fill and refill than the eGo Mega cartomizers that have a tapered mouthpiece.

510 BOGE SOFT CAP Blank Cartomizers

They ship the same day from Avis, PA. I'm in no way affiliated with any e-cig supplier. This is where I've been buying my cartos, and I've had no problems with them.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
alovingmommyof3 said: "So I have burned through 4 cartomizers in 3 days"

I go through about 10 refilled cartos every day. Each one lasts about an hour or so, but I've been vaping fairly constantly and will change the carto when it feels like it's getting dry (like when I have to start puffing more to get throat hits, vapor, and flavor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread