Frustrated with tanks... Am I seeking the holy grail? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beech

Moved On
Dec 3, 2011
Yardley, PA
I am posting all over the place right now... I am getting desperate. When I use an ego tank on my provari...I can't taste the juice at all. Not even a whiff. I want to vape at a higher voltage, I want full lucious flavor.. but I am getting squat.

So this is my problem... tank and cartomizer. I need a system that will allow me to have a tank with a cartomizer that can handle higher voltage, and keep its flavor.... Is this the holy grail? Am I searching pointlessly?

KeithB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Annapolis, MD
You are looking for a carto tank. It's basicallly a tube that mounts around the outside the carto and feeds juice in through either holes or slots. There's the Smoketek Dual Coil tank, the J tank, the Liquinator and the Phiniac to name a few.

I'm using a Phiniac tank myself with a slotted Boge carto. I've found that vaping LR cartos at 5v, a punched carto (with a hole) just can't keep up with me. I went with the glass tank because it's been reported that peppermint and menthol (my go-to juice) doesn't play well with polycarbonate tanks.

You could also make your own tank out of a couple 20ml syringes to see if you like it, but I believe they're much more prone to leaking.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
My limited experience, the Smoktech DCT is hard to beat with 2.5 ohm dual coil cartos at around 5v on my Infinity Pro. They really intensify the flavor of the juice, too much actually, I have had to dilute some mixtures. They never leak, it has never failed to wick into the carto even with chain vaping using 50pg/50vg juice. There is always the possibility of knocking the tank off the carto but it sticks there pretty well and I have never done so even though I carry it around in my pants pocket. Notcigs has a tank with a setscrew to hold the tank on, but I haven't tried it. I haven't tried the single coils that require a shorter tank, but plan to soon. The thing that has me sold is they don't require any fiddling to keep them working reliably and the cartos are only $2.

pyro13g

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
NE Ohio
I built my first tank this afternoon and all the seals are super tight, tighter than I want. Just made do since I used an oral syringe for the tank until my polycarbonate tubing gets here(16ft of it Lol!) Using a Boge LR. It would not wick being this tight, I'm convinced that tanks need a vent into the tank for my Boge or looser seals that will vent as the tank deforms a little from the vacuum. I had to refill between seal and tank. It also made a slight cut in the tank at the top. Stays nice and wet vs dry and needing topped off like no tank present. It's keeping up with chain vaping at 5volts. I'm thinking of making my seals out of 100% silicone. Using beveled washers for faucet repair at the moment. Maybe a small second hole in the carto near the mouthpiece would help, but if the filler is wet up there I' not real confident. I'll probably add a manual vent next go around just in case.

I won't be buying CE3's anymore if this thank thing keeps going this well. Wow did it change performance. Same carto that wasn't hitting so well out of the tank is now a champ.

Last edited:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Standard 3.0 Boge carts with a tank system from Liquinator / vaporecence will make you so happy. Flavor will come alive and experience VV will be a pleasure! Really get a tank!!!

I was looking at the Liquinator site; which tank would be good for me? I have a VV box mod, and a 3.7 V Kgo.

KeithB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Annapolis, MD
I was looking at the Liquinator site; which tank would be good for me? I have a VV box mod, and a 3.7 V Kgo.

It depends on what you're looking for. The dual-coil tanks are longer and will only work with longer cartos like the dual-coils and SOME of the XL 510s like the Resurrector. Standard and LR Boges will not fit them; they will be too short. Other than that, you have to decide how much juice you'd like to be able to hold in your tank before refilling and how much a prettier tank is worth to you. A bigger tank will make your PV more top heavy if that matters to you.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
not to hijack this thread but what pre punched carto work with bobas bounty /gorilla juice and bounty hunter?
the carto tank i have, wont wick real well.

the carto runs dry but tank is full of juice. i have to take strong hits without pressing the button to see bubbles

How much VG is in that juice? I have used everything up to 50%VG and never had a problem wicking with the prepunched Smoktech DC's. If I were to have that problem I would widen the hole with something, but it's never been an issue.

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
Another thing to know about tanks is how you "pre-season" your carto before putting it in. The first carto I tried in my liquinator kept flooding and gurgling. I basically filled the carto like it wasn't going to be in a tank (about 30 drops or so). At this time, it acted like a normal carto, of course. But when it was tanked, it was getting TOO much juice as I vaped. It started out too saturated, and just got worse.

Many will tell you to just put the carto in the tank, fill the tank, a put a few drops in the top of the carto, like you would if you were going to use it normally/tankless. This sets everything up, and it goes pretty well from there. It might be a good idea though to wait a couple of minutes for the drops to settle in. Also, a few "dry sucks" lol...doesn't hurt. It starts a little bit of flow from the feeder hole, thus top and bottom of carto is ready.

If you carto gets too saturated, you can't just blow out the center/wick, because you'll see bubbles come out of the feeding hole/holes, meaning it's just getting worse, and feeding even more juice into the carto.

You have to take out the carto, put your finger over the feed holes, and vape it for a few minutes to dry it up a little. Stick it back in, and your ready to go (no need to top it off if it gets to this point, because its already saturated enough to work again).

Hope that made sense.

Last edited:

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
not to hijack this thread but what pre punched carto work with bobas bounty /gorilla juice and bounty hunter?
the carto tank i have, wont wick real well.

the carto runs dry but tank is full of juice. i have to take strong hits without pressing the button to see bubbles

Someone correctly if I'm wrong, but 100% VG won't work well in a carto tank no matter how big the hole is. VG would have to be cut with PG (or perhaps water, but I've never messed with water in my juice although I know many make it that way from the beginning).

KeithB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Annapolis, MD
Anyone interested in thick all VG juices in a tank should check out PBusardos Youtube reviews. He does use Boba's in a carto tank, I believe with a slotted Boge. The Boge cartos have some pretty dense filler compared to some cartos and are what I use. The only flooding/gurgling issues I've had are from getting juice down the center hole when refilling the tank. A slotted carto works best for me and it's really not that hard to slot them yourself.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
My Buzz tank from Notcigs arrived today. I had it come with both the 1" and 1.5" tubes and using a regular Boge carto with it on my IPro. The aluminum caps are anodized a nice blue. The plastic set screw holds the tank in place very securely as well as serving as a filling port, or rather the hole does when you take the screw out. The plastic tube is not the typical material such as in the Smoktech DCT's that I have, it is supposedly unbreakable. They have a video on their site showing it being hit with a hammer. I have nothing to complain about so far, I'm sure I will find something to nitpick about eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread