Frustrated with Vapin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongrat

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Ohio
So I wouldnt call myself new to this, Ive been vaping for about 3-4 months. My current setup is a 510 with 5 batteries and a 5 Battery Charger from TW. I switch between a cart with normal filler in it and a couple with PTB mod.

My 510 has been kicking azz and vaping great for the last couple weeks using Johnson Creek, then the vapor trailed off. Ive had mixed success with cleaning/rinsing attys but its more hassle than its worth to me, so I usually just switch out to a new atty. This is where im getting annoyed, I screwed on a brand new atty a couple days ago and Im getting very poor vapor. Full carts. fully charged batteries, and the atty is cookin and getting hot.

What are your opinions? Also, I would like to know, would I get more constant vapor production with a 5v device like the Chuck or something? I enjoy vaping alot. I just dont want this much hassle!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So I wouldnt call myself new to this, Ive been vaping for about 3-4 months. My current setup is a 510 with 5 batteries and a 5 Battery Charger from TW. I switch between a cart with normal filler in it and a couple with PTB mod.

My 510 has been kicking azz and vaping great for the last couple weeks using Johnson Creek, then the vapor trailed off. Ive had mixed success with cleaning/rinsing attys but its more hassle than its worth to me, so I usually just switch out to a new atty. This is where im getting annoyed, I screwed on a brand new atty a couple days ago and Im getting very poor vapor. Full carts. fully charged batteries, and the atty is cookin and getting hot.

What are your opinions? Also, I would like to know, would I get more constant vapor production with a 5v device like the Chuck or something? I enjoy vaping alot. I just dont want this much hassle!

After getting a nicostick style mod - the bartleby - I've come to the conclusion that the longer life batts - esp. the 14500 900mAh (I had the 10440 in the Janty Stick and didn't see it quite as clear) that hold that top voltage longer - around 4.1+ V with the bartleby gives a huge jump in 'consistency' and efficient use of the atty as well. It MAY even keep the atty cleaner. I'm sure the 5 V gets that same consistency. I may know more about that shortly but right now, the 3.7V 14500 is really doing it for me and the friends I have that have one. One declaring 'this is more like smoking' and I'd have to agree. That said, some people - including myself have to go through the supermini, mini, Janty Stick, stages and it may give one a deeper understanding but I could have saved money, some hassle and time by going right for the nicostick at first or at least much earlier than I did.

Understand, I still vape on my 510 (with mega batts because they hold that top voltage for that range mAh well too. But 80% of my vaping now is the Bartleby and Protege with the 510 atty which really holds up well, imo. I've tried, not extensively, the 801 and some cartomizers and except in rare occasions, I can't really see me using them much. I like the flavor enhancement that the 510 does for my favorite juices - tobacco based, menthol, coffee/cappuccino and absinthe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread