Frustrating tank issue. Maybe suggest a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
Kingwood, TX
So I've been using the Uwell Crown 4 for a while now. I like it but the problem I have is the juice collects in the drip tip to the extent that I have to wipe it clean very frequently otherwise I get juice in my mouth. I have had numerous crown 4s and they all do it.
Recently I bought the Valyrian 2 to try out. It doesn't do it as much as the Crown but definitely still does. I don't like that tank for other reasons, though.

So I guess I'd like some advice on finding a replacement tank if yall know of a good one that doesn't have this issue.

Oh, I use 60% VG. I used to use 50/50 but switched because I thought that may help this problem, but it didn't.

Just looking for some advice here if maybe there is a solution to this or if you'd recommend a different tank.
Thanks in advance!

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Bumping your question because others surely have better answers.

Your problem isn't uncommon. Often, it's caused by too low a power setting for the coil. It happens also from drawing too hard. Overfilling the tank can cause it; you may need to leave more airspace on top. Sometimes it's not so much e-liquid being drawn into the tip but condensation of it. That always happens and opening the airflow more can lessen it.
No matter what, it seems some tanks are more likely to have that happen than others. Some more experienced folks here could give better recommendations.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So I've been using the Uwell Crown 4 for a while now. I like it but the problem I have is the juice collects in the drip tip to the extent that I have to wipe it clean very frequently otherwise I get juice in my mouth. I have had numerous crown 4s and they all do it.
    Recently I bought the Valyrian 2 to try out. It doesn't do it as much as the Crown but definitely still does. I don't like that tank for other reasons, though.

So I guess I'd like some advice on finding a replacement tank if yall know of a good one that doesn't have this issue.

Oh, I use 60% VG. I used to use 50/50 but switched because I thought that may help this problem, but it didn't.

Just looking for some advice here if maybe there is a solution to this or if you'd recommend a different tank.
    Thanks in advance!

If it's really juice and not condensation, you aren't vaporizing enough juice fast enough and you are sucking it up the chimney. You'd know if it's condensation because condensation is thin like water rather than thick and oily like your juice.

A likely solution will be to turn up the power (to vaporize more juice). Also, if your airflow is not already open all the way, open the airflow more. The tighter your airflow the more juice you'll pull into your coil and the more likely you are to suck up the chimney. One or a combination of the 2 will likely eliminate or drastically reduce your problem.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Also 50/50 VG and 60vg 40pg isn't that much different and u could use 70vg 30pg juice that is very common nowdays.....other than that I agree with others in what they say that could help...
    Also it can be problem from the o rings or seals on the tank especially on the topcap where u fill it...if it doesn't seal properly it can make the juice run more freely to the coil and that can cause spitback...
    Also I don't know which driptip u use and if u use a thinner one or the stock...sometime a wider driptip can help....I have seen even stock driptip to be bad...I usually try use drip tip to be the same size as the hole of the chimney of the tank and not bigger or smaller...
    If nothing works then I guess u need to get another tank...many good on the market depending the wattage u want to vape at

• Agree
    Reactions: MLEJ

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
    Kingwood, TX
    Is there anyone who has specially had this issue with a tank and then switched to a different one and no longer had it? That would be amazing to find out!

Good tip on the draw. I think I do, actually, take pretty hard draws. I always seemed to think saturation would build up if I took too small of a draw. It may be a difficult habit to change but I will try lighter draws. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: YoursTruli

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Hmmmm Soo u use a coil rated at Max 70watts but and u vape it at 85 watts...

Ok it's true that the coil wattage recommendations aren't always accurate so I guess that's why u don't get dry hit by using it in 15watts higher than what is recomended..

There is a case tho that maybe cause u vape it Soo high that the coil can't be cooled down properly by the air that u draw while u vape even if u have the airflow wide open and that could cause a little spitback that creates the problem u have...

Either way I think 70vg juice should help a bit but it not then I guess u will need to get a different tank...
    Be patient and give this one more try I guess before u go to another :)

• Informative

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Is there anyone who has specially had this issue with a tank and then switched to a different one and no longer had it? That would be amazing to find out!

Good tip on the draw. I think I do, actually, take pretty hard draws. I always seemed to think saturation would build up if I took too small of a draw. It may be a difficult habit to change but I will try lighter draws. Thanks for the reply!

There is sometimes condensation from.vapor that gets created in the drip tip and need cleaning but after few days of vaping in some tanks....but having much juice there is usually one of the problems mention here by everyone and not all tanks have those problems...Soo yeah u will find another tank that won't have problem for sure if that tank don't works

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

Another tip is release the fire button before you end the draw, reduces condensation and cools the coil a tad.

Reactions: r77r7r

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
    Kingwood, TX
    Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I definitely vape it higher than 70, but 70 just seems so low. 84 seems to be the sweet spot. I've tried it at 70 before and same problem.

This is literally every few hours that it builds up so much it needs to be wiped out lol

I just received my 70%vg juice today so I'm gonna see if it helps.

Worse case scenario I have to buy a different tank, any recommendations? One guy suggested the Geek Vape Zeus. I've never used Geek Vape tanks but I have great experiences with their mods so I trust the brand.

Again, thanks for everyone's time in replying!

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I definitely vape it higher than 70, but 70 just seems so low. 84 seems to be the sweet spot. I've tried it at 70 before and same problem.

This is literally every few hours that it builds up so much it needs to be wiped out lol

I just received my 70%vg juice today so I'm gonna see if it helps.

Worse case scenario I have to buy a different tank, any recommendations? One guy suggested the Geek Vape Zeus. I've never used Geek Vape tanks but I have great experiences with their mods so I trust the brand.

Again, thanks for everyone's time in replying!

Hope it's better with 70vg....I just wanted to say that juice builds up in there in all atomizers but the problem is when it gets sooo much condensation in there that if u turn it on the side or upside down it will run out of the driptip....then yeah we can say it is not normal and that it builds toooo much..
    Usually u can also feel a spitback of juice as u vape when there is a problem...sometimes the spitback is not going all the way up to mouth...
    Just saying in case u fall into the trap of looking at it all the time and try to wipe it to keep it clean....I mean it can't be totally dry there...
    Anyways I am not saying it's all in your head lol
    And yes the geekvape Zeus is nice choice in my opinion u can't go wrong with that :)

• Useful

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
    Kingwood, TX
    So I've been using the 70VG, making sure to release the button before I stop inhaling, and also dragging it softer. It definitely helped. However, it still is building up quicker than I think it should.

All of that helped probably about 15-20% so it's nice. But I think I need to get a different tank. I'm going to try the Geekvape Zeus

Wish me luck! Haha.

cgalka

Jul 20, 2014
    Kingwood, TX
    Oh, and I've been vaping between 72-78 instead of 84.

Freemax and Horizontech make some of the best DTL tanks on the market @cgalka.

I like the Freemax Mesh Pro 2 and I've been using the 0.2 ohm dual coil with TC, and that's quite nice and not too hot at all.

I did try the Freemax Fireluke 3, but it's not for me as it does get warm. And that's with TC.

I think I'm gonna go with the Geekvape because I'm more comfortable with the brand. But I did check out the Freemax and man those are some beautiful looking tanks!!

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    All of those tanks are good suggestions... just adding one more to the list (Vaporesso NRG) I don't do much DL (I like lower wattage restricted DL and loose MTL) but got the tank with a mod "kit" and do enjoy using it in the evenings... no issues. I suspect your juice was an issue (did you mention the VG/PG ratio?) 70 VG should work better (as you mentioned) Shorter draws and a rest in between draws helps keep your coil cool. Did it "gurgle" before? That's a sign it was slightly flooding (thinner juice will do that) Not much to add... others have covered all the bases so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread