Full copper Little Boy RDA by Ijoye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick Wang

Dec 2, 2014
So I'm looking for a copper rda to go with my copper SMPL mech, and to make sure this setup will have the least VD as possible on a .1 ohm build. My main go to right now is a Dark horse clone on a ss SMPL clone (.4VD under load at .1ohm). The SXK clone has a ss base but this one by Ijoye appears to be full copper. I'm not too familiar with the quality of ijoye clones nor have I seen any full copper rda's. Vapingwalrus.com sells the copper ijoye clone for $19. Would like some opinions.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I'm not sure how that works if we cook with copper pots on a stove pushing hundreds of degrees

Copper bottom pots, but not copper interior pots. The only completely copper cookware I would use is a copper bowl for making meringue. And yes, I have copper pipes carrying water through my house. But with and RDA there are alternatives. But with no performance gain in having a copper base and topcap, it's just for looks. Since the mod has copper threads I could see wanting copper threads on the RDA since a harder metal could tear them up easier; so, that would be one functional plus. Resistance to the negative posts is negligible even when using stainless steel due to the huge pathway.

It also depends on the OP's lifestyle and risk aversion. I rub metal oxides on my armpits every morning. Not good for me, but I've been in the habit since early puberty. You could look at is as, I don't need anymore from my RDA or it ain't gonna make much of a difference at this point.

Derrick Wang

Dec 2, 2014
Copper bottom pots, but not copper interior pots. The only completely copper cookware I would use is a copper bowl for making meringue. And yes, I have copper pipes carrying water through my house. But with and RDA there are alternatives. But with no performance gain in having a copper base and topcap, it's just for looks. Since the mod has copper threads I could see wanting copper threads on the RDA since a harder metal could tear them up easier; so, that would be one functional plus. Resistance to the negative posts is negligible even when using stainless steel due to the huge pathway.

It also depends on the OP's lifestyle and risk aversion. I rub metal oxides on my armpits every morning. Not good for me, but I've been in the habit since early puberty. You could look at is as, I don't need anymore from my RDA or it ain't gonna make much of a difference at this point.

Haha I see. Well my main concern was about whatever possible health hazards there are with possibly vaping on a full copper rda. I'm not exactly a clean freak since I smoked for 8 years and continue to still put nicotine into my body everyday, but I do clean out my rda between re-wicking the cotton every 3-5 days. I saw Epic Designs Studio is selling replacement copper center posts on specific mods for extra performance so I figured it must be even better if everything was copper. I mean, if no one posts anything about me vaping some sort of real toxic chemical released from vaping off a copper base then I guess I'll cop that rda

Derrick Wang

Dec 2, 2014
Actually nm. I did some more reading online and even though it appears relatively safe, the paranoia is getting to me. Plus I use only fruity flavored juices which are typically acidic.
On another note, I'll see how my old modded plumeveil v1.5 will look on the SMPL once it comes in the mail. Accidentally cleaned it up too well cause now it looks too shiny. Quite tacky looking like the Mephisto

image.jpg

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Given the choice, you should always opt for a reduction in your exposure to lead.

I too am a little paranoid. I even, perhaps irrationally, fear black attys.

I don't trust the coatings much either. Not super afraid, but I can't find a reason to risk it. Particularly with how many of these are manufactured.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I have a copper zenith and Stillare..both are copper plated brass I think..only complaint is they get dirty looking pretty quick, especially the outside of the caps..I clean'um once in awhile with NevrDull...use both of them on my all copper XXIX and on my copper BFM..gotta clean those tubes anyway so I clean the RDA's along with them..notice no difference in taste comparing them to my stainless RDA's..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread