FullyMax 30C/27A 10Wh 900mAh 3S LiPo (for DNA200) Bench Test Results...10Wh/20A , damaged at 25A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Tested at 10A-25A constant current but no pulsed current tests due to the one battery pack I purchased getting damaged. I am ordering two more and will be pulse testing them. This pack was purchased by me and used only for testing thanks to the incredible donations many of you made.

Disclaimer
    The statements, conclusions, and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion. Carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them. My safety precautions are the ones I have elected to take and you should not assume they will protect you if you attempt to do any testing. Do the research and create your own testing methods and safety precautions.

image.jpg

Bottom Line
    In my opinion, this is a decent performing 20A continuous discharge current (CDR) LiPo battery pack with great capacity for its rating. It suffers damage at 25A continuous though. This pack might be damaged a bit if run hard at the DNA200's limits.

Continuous-Current Test Results in mAh and Wh
    image.jpg image.jpg

Watt-Hour (Wh) Comparisons to the 25R and HG2
    image.jpg image.jpg

Comments
    • At 10A it reached about 930mAh and 9.44Wh. This is fantastic performance for a 900mAh/10Wh-rated pack at 10A.
    • At 15A the maximum temperature reached 67°C. This is way below the average temperature of a pack operating at its CDR.
    • At 20A the maximum temperature reached 73°C. This is a below the average for a cell operating at its CDR.
    • At 25A the temperature rose to 79°C. This is about average for a cell operating at its CDR. The voltage has sagged noticeably though, indicating that the pack's rating has been exceeded.
    • A second cycle at 25A showed that considerable internal damage was done to the cell during the previous 25A discharge. A third 25A discharge showed even more damage bring done. These are clearly not a 30C/27A cells.
    • The pack was noticeably puffed out by the time each 25A discharge was over. This puffing disappeared by the time the pack had cooled back down to below 40°C.
    • I am setting a CDR of 20A for this pack. The temperature is moderate, the capacity is still high, and the voltage is good and does not show any sign of sagging. While operating any pack near its rated maximum current causes damage, I would expect decent cycle life from this pack at 20A.
    • The Wh discharges show you how you can compare a single 18650's performance to the performance of this 3S LiPo pack. At 15A constant-current down to 3.0V/cell...
      • FullyMax = 9.44Wh
      • LG HG2 = 8.25Wh
      • Samsung 25R = 7.03Wh

To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links:
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...des-picking-a-safe-battery-to-vape-with.7447/

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread