Funny Modding Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty Mack

Unregistered Supplier
Nov 17, 2009
Orlando
e-cigexpress.com
I just ran across this when searching for exactly what was inside of a vaporizer (I still don't have a clue). It is a site called "Legal Bud reviews" that looks like they are going to tell you how to make your own vaporizer and e-liquid but, instead, they want you do buy the information from them for $12.95 (that's not even the funny part).

In their pitch, they tell you you can make up to 2 gallons of vapor liquid for around $30-$40 or less than you could buy it for. They then make this ridiculous statement: "Why spend hundreds of dollars on liquid for your electronic cigarettes when you can make your own?"

Okay, assuming that you can really save $15-$20 per gallon of e-liquid, how much of this stuff do you have to be smoking to be able to save hundreds of dollars?

Anybody out there got a gallon-a-month habit?

Dave Rickey

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Austin TX
Well, after you factor in the trip to the emergency room, it gets a lot more expensive. Really, pure nicotine is nothing to play around with, a single drop on the skin is lethal, and so is a significant amount of the fumes (certainly the amount you would inhale pouring and mixing).

Now, you don't absolutely need HazMat equipment to do it safely, a sandblasting glove-box and a scuba air supply would probably be adequate (for practical purposes, not OSHA or the FDA). But then, unless you just happen to have those lying around, it's no longer super-cheap. You're not just paying extra for the markup, but for the costs of the lab to do it safely.

--Dave

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
For me, roughly 2 drops = 1 analog therefore, 1 US gallon of e-liquid would work out to be the equivalent of 192 cartons of cigarettes. That's cartons not packs! Even @ only $5/pack that's$9600 (enough to buy 2.5 gallons of Totally Wicked @ $3840/gal:p) Enough analogs to last me 2 years, 7 months, and 20 days at the peak of my smoking career. I vape far less now than I used to smoke, maybe 2ml/day at the most. So a gallon of e-liquid (3785.41ml) would last me 5 years, 2 months, 7 days and 17 hours:lol:!
So, even if you buy ready made juice by the gallon, just by switching over to e-cigs you could stand to save nearly $6000 or more depending on your state and local taxes, spread out over 3 years of course. Just be sure you choose that flavor very carefully 'cause you're gonna be vaping it a long, long time :D.
That choice is even more important if you're planning on starting a gallon a month habit. Don't make any other plans though, you'll be vaping 1.1433ml per minute, EVERY minute of EVERY day8-o. Unless you own the Mother of All Mods, you're gonna be chained to to your passthrough because you have no time for things like charging batteries or eating.. or sleeping or ANYTHING else for that matter. Unless you decide to use a theatrical fog machine with your juice and live inside a perpetual cloud of RY4! Invite some friends over so it doesn't go to waste. Now, that's a party:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread