Status
Not open for further replies.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Got a guy here doing work on house today. Offered him coffee while vaping. He declined, and then said he wouldn't be wanting a toke either.

(And yes, I disabused him of notion that I was engaging in such. Especially at ten in the morning. Goodness gracious. I'm a respectable nearly-old person, after all.)

Yes I get weird looks too when out and about with my eGo. It's obvious from the looks on their faces that they think I am doing "something else", lol. I decided that next vapetrip I am going to get a Volt to go out in public with but keep my eGo/MVP nearby.
What was his reaction after you explained it to him? Did he give you a chance to?
People can be freaky, lol :p

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I always find it interesting that people just assume that you are using a device for drug paraphanalia. It's really sad that those devices seem to be more readily recognizable (although mistakenly) than are electronic cigarettes.

If APV's were more recognizable for the useful devices that they are, more people would start out with the better performing larger batteries and mods than wasting money on the cigarette look-alikes.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This happened to me just the other day. We stopped at Hyvee to pick up some prescriptions, I waited in the car while hubs went in ( I hate shopping). So I was out in my car vaping looking at my phone. Looked up and a lady in an SUV in front of us was looking at me and had this weird look on her face. As soon as I look up she quickly looks down and starts fiddling with her phone. I was thinking crap I hope she's not calling the cops! My brothers says it looks like a (OTHER ITEM) and asked if they have THAT flavor. ugh!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
This happened to me just the other day. We stopped at Hyvee to pick up some prescriptions, I waited in the car while hubs went in ( I hate shopping). So I was out in my car vaping looking at my phone. Looked up and a lady in an SUV in front of us was looking at me and had this weird look on her face. As soon as I look up she quickly looks down and starts fiddling with her phone. I was thinking crap I hope she's not calling the cops! My brothers says it looks like a (OTHER ITEM ) and asked if they have THAT flavor. ugh!!
OMG..Well had she called the cops she would have looked pretty sillly afterwards.
Now that's what I would call a 'teachable moment' lol

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Everybody I show it at work say they don't want to go through the trouble. I told them my routine takes less time then running to the store to get reg cigs and plus they taste better and no messy ashes or butts. Plus I feel a lot better! Right now Im still playing with new stuff so I haven't saved no money but I hadn't spent extra either! lol

I do keep my spending to no more then 35 a week, about what I was spending on cigs.

MattBott

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
At a halloween party, one of my stoner friends came to me, real excited, and asked "IS THAT A VAPORIZER?!?" I respond with, "Yeah, well, but not the kind you are thinking of."

I also met another vaper who only enjoys cig-a-likes and I also converted someone. Was a good night =]

I do have to say, though, that I got a lot of weird looks vaping my DNA box with a ChiD on top.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
haha, and then you have vapers like self who see a cool mod, and shortly realize it's a .... instead. Take the movie, A Cabin in the Woods, for example. I was all wanting that collapsible PV coffee mug for a few seconds. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, IDK……to me they look exactly nothing alike. With that one exception I can't mention.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
How come every time I've made a thread about this exact same thing (or even hinted at it), I got a Notification and a penalization? What gives?

Anyone's guess my friend..

All I know is that the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you may not be right for some.

(give me a back beat)

A man is born, he's a man of means. Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans.
But they got, Diff'rent Strokes. It takes, Diff'rent Strokes. It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.
Everybody's got a special kind of story Everybody finds a way to shine, It don't matter that you got not alot So what, They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine. And together we'll be fine....
Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world. Yes it does. It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

Last edited:

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
How come every time I've made a thread about this exact same thing (or even hinted at it), I got a Notification and a penalization? What gives?

Might be because recreational use is "legal" in some jurisdictions now.

(note: it's still illegal federally, so the local laws have basically no bearing on reality yet…but still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread