Status
Not open for further replies.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Disclaimer: I am assisting with the development of this PV, I am NOT the manufacturer or the seller.

It is time to let the proverbial cat out of the bag. Been working on this PV for about 4 months now and we are finally in prototyping stage. The Pulse PV will be coming out sometime in the near future, can't pin point exactly when it will be released but I can guarantee it won't be until its working flawlessly. They will not have a "List" for people to add their names to and "WILL NOT" be doing a pre-order of any kind.

Basically, it's a switch and a tube with a twist.....:cool:

This PV is operating off PWM (Pulse width modulation) concept. The power to the atomizer is adjustable in infinite increments from standard 3.7V to 6+. The voltage across each drag is also infinitely adjustable. The power from the battery to the atomizer is pulsed (turned on and off up to 1000 times per second) based on a average voltage that the user selects. This PV runs off of 2 3.7v 18350's with a fully charged voltage of 8.4v. The batteries are used in pulse mode which doubles the batteries maximum current output. The actual power to the atomizer is directly related to the on time of the pulse sequence to the atomizer. for example: If you flicked a light switch on for a set amount of time and off for the same amount of time this is considered 50% duty cycle (50% on time). That means if there was power to the light 50% of the time across 1 second of time, this technique would make a 100watt light bulb appear to illuminate like a 50watt light bulb, because this pulse sequence turns on/off at up to 1000 times per second you would never see the light turning on and off. This concept is the basis of operation for this PV.
Every ounce of power that the battery outputs goes directly to the atomizer, no voltage wasted, nothing is resistor-ed, and operates @ close to 90% efficiency. The user determines how much power they want to the atomizer by creating a power level profile and vaping at exactly the power level that you like. The power level, and also the power curve is completely controlled by the user VIA USB port and software appropriately name "Vapeware". The software gives the user the ability to customize the power and the power curve per drag. Each time you drag, the PV runs a sequence that you have tuned and uploaded to your PV. Each Drag can include up to 10 different power settings within a single drag, creating a power curve that best suits you. The settings are uploaded to the PV via USB as a profile. These "Profiles" are settings files, you have the ability to share your profiles with other users and vise-versa. Profiles can be specific to a particular atomizer or even an atomizer/juice combo. You can tune the power level thats best suits a particular juice and your vaping style.
They are hoping to have this available sometime in the summer July/Aug. The tube design is in prototyping stage and within a few weeks they will have working prototypes to put through the paces. They have been using this design in a breadboard prototype for the past few months and couldn't be happier with the results.

Some of the features that will be available, maybe not in the first runs, but the PV has the ability to have code updates installed. If a new feature is designed the code and/or the software can be updated.

*Micro processor controlled PWM
*User controlled power setting
*infinitely adjustable voltage from standard 3.7v to 6v+
*adjustable power curve (max. 10 sequences per drag)
*customizable power curves (max. 10 sequences per drag)
*profile sharing (download and install other users profiles via USB)
*dual battery operation protected 3.7v 18350's(features enabled)
*single 3.7v battery operation (features disabled, uses protected 18650)
*usb pass-through capable (Features and profiles disabled)
*wall pack powered Pass-through @8v (features enabled)
*customizable LED notifications
*vaping usage log with date and time stamping (coding not complete)
*Auto Atomizer resistance detection (coding not complete)
*battery protection
*low battery notification
*Atomizer connector short protection
*advanced software settings mode (for advanced PWM programming)
*auto device detection via USB
*toggle profile mode (PV can store 4 power profiles)
*profile change on the fly (change loaded profiles without USB connect)

Cisco...
Disclaimer: I am assisting with the development of this PV, I am NOT the manufacturer or the seller.

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
In my head I see juice vendors with custom profiles for different viscosity juices.

What I'd like to see is a juice pellet. It'd be hard un-heated, it'd melt a bit when heated to vape and when the heat is turned off it'd harden up again. Kind of like those jelly candles you can buy.

Juice pellet is a great idea but I think the constant long amount of time to remelt the substance would put a huge strain on the battery and atty... Probably go through attys like crazy and battery life would be probable cut in half... I like the way your thinking chrisl317... That is what us as members need to do... Come up with better and better ideas everyday to make our community stronger... I am fairly new to this whole thing only vaping for about 3 months... but we have awesome members with great minds... those two combined will help our message be spread...

CISCO to you: AWESOME IDEA.... I WANT THE FIRST ONE.... DO I HEAR DEMO OF PRODUCT IN MY FUTURE...

jiff

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Arizona
a few questions:

After this is complete, do you intend to make mod's for the mod? As in, an auto juice feeder that will be programmed to inject juice to the atomizer when it needs it.

Does it have internet access?

Will it come with unlimited text messaging and family plan minutes?

Does it double as a lightsabre?

What size grenades does it shoot?

and, most importantly, does it vibrate for use as a sex toy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread