TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Just an FYI:

Smoktech's new "VIVI" tank, a genesis-style atty:

newest version of 510 tank -smoktech vivi tank,most advanced and best quality ,with the inner atomizer rebuildable - Detailed info for newest version of 510 tank -smoktech vivi tank,most advanced and best quality ,with the inner atomizer rebuildable,

szh0yb.jpg

6prnuw.jpg

jordypants

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Kentucky
www.leetvape.com
Looks like cost per unit will be ~$5.70. I spoke with Davy, a salesman for SmokTech and he tells me they may even produce kits with NR wire, Kanthal and wick. Unfortunately, they are not considering using SS 400 at this moment.

This is sad and terrible news for people who are in the very specific business of producing genesis style product. The best hope for these small businesses is that this product ends up sucking terribly and MadVapes (Wal-Mart) doesn't carry it.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Looks like cost per unit will be ~$5.70. I spoke with Davy, a salesman for SmokTech and he tells me they may even produce kits with NR wire, Kanthal and wick. Unfortunately, they are not considering using SS 400 at this moment.

This is sad and terrible news for people who are in the very specific business of producing genesis style product. The best hope for these small businesses is that this product ends up sucking terribly and MadVapes (Wal-Mart) doesn't carry it.
GotVapes was the thread I saw it in first. New items for the summer.

Supposedly the tube comes off so you can change out the wick without needing forceps, but that would mean you would need it empty first.

I'll still buy a Genesis built by someone on this forum over a cheap imported one from a vendor any day of the week.

jordypants

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Kentucky
www.leetvape.com
I hope that's the consensus for the majority of people; to have your conviction to supporting American producers. I hate that products like these can be copied to a T in Shenzhen and then mass-produced. Makes it incredibly difficult to compete with people like Hoogie, who have piles of cash to keep inventory on hand...

johnlacie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
-
Not by much, and therefore the term 'genesis-style'.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Modding this would make it similar to a ScubaGen or a DID. One would need to increase the height of the positive post and probably enlarge one hole nearest to the positive and negative post. The other hole can simply be left as-is to serve as a filling hole. I hope someone can post a picture of a modded Vivi Tank soon.

johnlacie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
-
Would need to plug the bottom air intake hole and drill a hole in the side of the tube.

Then you need to work out a way to get the mesh close to the terminals.
Silica wick is very flexible, mesh, not so much

You may also need to increase the wick hole.

Not a lot of work but by no means a small amount.

I may be mistaken but from what I see in the blurry pictures, there's no bottom air intake hole and a hole has already been pre-drilled on the side of the tube.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
QUOTE=kritikal;6710284
Would need to plug the bottom air intake hole - a plug of JB Weld would do that

and drill a hole in the side of the tube. - hmmm, a drill and bit

Then you need to work out a way to get the mesh close to the terminals.
Silica wick is very flexible, mesh, not so much - silver (NR) wire from terminals to coil

You may also need to increase the wick hole. - possibly, no idea what diameter the hole is

Not a lot of work but by no means a small amount.[/QUOTE]

I may be mistaken but from what I see in the blurry pictures, there's no bottom air intake hole and a hole has already been pre-drilled on the side of the tube.

These actually seem to have an air tube up the center, like a carto.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Where did you get them. I only see minimum order 200?

There's been 2 co-ops for these in the past week. Ones completely done, for the other - SMOKTECH telescoping mod/VIVI tank CO-OP - there's a reserve list (if someone backs out/doesn't pay) and the order could be placed any time from tonight to Monday/Tuesday.

Keep an eye on the Co-Ops pages, both of these popped up and were done within days.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coop-planning-discussion/
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/active-coops/

I'm sure they'll be at a vendor soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread