G’day from a new Aussie vaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. Although this is my first post here, I’ve been following (stalking?) the ECF forums since I started vaping about 3 months ago so I figure I better introduce myself and share my story.

I was a PAD smoker for 15 years (I’m now 35) and tried many times to quit. I’d tried a cigalike type device (Green Smoke) several years ago and although a novel idea, it didn’t seem to do much for me. I tried quitting cold turkey several times and couldn’t do it. I got a prescription for Champix and felt psychotic and wanted to kill myself.

I read Allen Carr’s “Easyway to Stop Smoking” and this helped get me in the right frame of mind to quit, but ultimately I still only lasted a few hours before I gave in and scavenged though the rubbish for my tobacco, rolling papers, filters and lighter to spark up again. I felt very defeated after that particular attempt and didn’t know how I would ever escape the grasp of the cigarette.

Soon after, I met a friend of a friend who was a vaper. He let me try one of his mods and I loved it. He recommended a local vape shop, which I went to and picked up my first kit, a Viva kita AIO. This was a great starting point to get into vaping, but soon I needed something with better battery life and the ability to use tanks so I could change between different flavours. Back to the vape shop I went to pick up an Aegis 100W by GeekVape.

At this point, I was dual-using cigarettes and vaping for about 2 months, but was able to cut down my cigarettes by half. After cutting down to just a few cigarettes a day, I found it hard to cut down further without experiencing depression. After reading about this issue on ECF, I found out about WTA and after researching decided to give it a go. My package arrived with my WTA from Aroma Ejuice and I realized that this is what I was missing from regular nic ejuice. I had no need for the smokes anymore.

It’s now been 2 months since I had my last cigarette and my life has changed 100% for the better. No more smelling like an ashtray, no more going out in the rain for a cigarette since I can vape inside on the couch, I can breathe easier, sense of taste is better, don’t feel embarrassed to kiss my wife anymore, etc etc.

It feels great to be no longer a smoker but a vaper!

Matt aka Mooball

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Welcome from wintry Darlo

I smoked for as long as youve been alive :), first looked at vaping about 6 years ago, but not a lot of data on it, so postphoned, then 4 years ago i started looking into it again, not least because of the ever rising cost of smokes as you know here. Finally, after reading a LOT of research, i jumped in and ordered my nic form overseas, bought all the other gear i needed locally (on the same day the nic arrived), went home and built my first coil, mixed up some juice and pressed the button, had my first toot, and never smoked ever again. I realise im extremely lucky that the last cigarette i had was on the way to buy my first mod, and that people do take a while sometimes to fully switch, but you have done well, so pat yourself on the back and forge ahead...

Like you i had tried everything else

Ive never tried WTA, and in fact the one flavour i definitely could never stand in ejuice was any tobacco flavour..weird hey...

Wait for the day you hate the smell of smoke from smokers, when it happens its a trip....

Hi and welcome Matt!

I too am and aussie who just stepped out of the lurker shadows at EFC. Thats great you were able to get some WTA and finally kick the smellies! I ordered some myself but it arrived in aus while I've been out of the country and havent had a chance to try it.

Vaping inside instead of smoking rain shine or bloody hot is super fantastic!

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hello @Mooball aka Matt and welcome to ECF! Heaps of stuff to learn here as you have found out. Sounds like you have got your vaping sorted for a while - I found the WTA a big help as well. Whatever works to keep us off the cigs. Congratulations to you! :thumbs:
Catherine

Ive never tried WTA, and in fact the one flavour i definitely could never stand in ejuice was any tobacco flavour..weird hey...

Wait for the day you hate the smell of smoke from smokers, when it happens its a trip....

I agree, my first juice was tobacco, but since trying other flavours I can’t stand it anymore. Why would I want to remind myself of the dirty smoke flavour when I can vape an oreo ice cream sandwich! :lol:

Thats great you were able to get some WTA and finally kick the smellies! I ordered some myself but it arrived in aus while I've been out of the country and havent had a chance to try it

Thanks mate. Where did you buy WTA from? I’ve bought from both Aroma Ejuice and Umba Vape. Aroma’s juice works much better for me. Won’t order from Umba Vape again, my order took over a month to arrive and the quality is nowhere near that of Aroma’s.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks mate. Where did you buy WTA from? I’ve bought from both Aroma Ejuice and Umba Vape. Aroma’s juice works much better for me. Won’t order from Umba Vape again, my order took over a month to arrive and the quality is nowhere near that of Aroma’s.
I think I ordered it from om vapour but I'd have to check my emails to be sure. Was a while ago

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF Matt, from an expat Aussie to an Aussie.

CONGRATS!! Well done.

I never once felt guilty for vaping inside, just looked at is my "due reward" for quitting smoking.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not sure if everyone's thrilled with it (I do use an air purifier) but it's really hard to argue against "COPD." Which is where I was headed. LOL.

Glad you are "visible" to ECF at last!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread