G120 Batterybox mod , not my own design ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
just a quick and very dirty work, as mentioned the original is made by scherdel from the german e-rauchen-forum.

i think, the detail is not really that useful and the interior is not something to be shown proudly, because i just got one of these G120 cartomizers for free from a very nice guy. i was really over nervous to build this vaping beast.

base is the 18650 battery storage box from http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18074

the switch is one that is used on lots of boxmods i saw, from an electronic store in my city.

the DC jack for the atomizer connection is from conrad electronics in germany.
i think i found something similar here:
PANEL MOUNT DC POWER JACKS - ME978

its the 980 in the table with 1.3mm centerpin, i bet you know where to get them in your neighborhood.

i think i haven't seen much G120 ( VR4 in germany ) around these modding board.
so a little pic explains more i think :D

all in all its a massive vaping machine which holds ~4ml liquid in its cart
and the atomizer is easily cleaned, because you can pop it out of its shell and drop it overnight in CC and brush the crud with a toothbrush away.

inside the plastic cap is the really big depot which is refilled easily.

in this youtube video Scherdel shows how to get inside the cartomizer:

YouTube - Vr4 verdampfer nachfüllen

sorry, german language only, i don't know of an english version.
but the video is relatively self explaining... at least i think that :D

i'm not that good in english, so i have a nice excuse to not do a step by step guide 8-o

greetz
Kelem

Attachments

• comp_DSC_0462.jpg
    comp_DSC_0462.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 353
  • comp_DSC_0463.jpg
    comp_DSC_0463.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
wow, I don't think I had seen a cigar like that used in a mod before, very interesting and the 18650 complements your mod.

Great job Kelemvor, yes, a vaping beast is the right description.

I'm just not sure if that is a disposable cigar?, since I've never had a cigar of any type, I'm not sure.

Thank you for posting the video, it was quite interesting to watch and see that little SD turned into a LONG lasting juice machine :shock:

Now you got me thinking on even more mods to make :rolleyes::D

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
yes these are greencig G120 disposable cartomizers, but reusable battery.
not the greencig disposable cigar G100, i haven't one of these until now. but they atomizer could be similar / same.

igetcha did a review on the G120 cigar already. its the same atomizer technology that the other greencig carts use, only bigger and with shorter resistance.

the atomizers mostly only degenerate because the long haired wicks breaks more and more over time, and with each decomposition of the cartomizer.
but still, they work sometimes longer than generic atomizers.

btw, scherdel used until now a drill to get the insides out, but a few days ago he pirced right through his little finger using that.

i would suggest using something other like a small Hex key

Last edited:

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
that should be Cigar Atomizer Pack Xhigh Strength Only - NHaler

at this high prices, i would split a pack with someone else. 3 carts hold really a very long if they are cleaned and refilled.

i use my 1st 2 carts now for 3 weeks, and they are only cleaned once.

in the EU you have to look for the Vinirette VR4 Cigar, its the same thing.

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
just a reply, because i still think most people are not getting whats so very special about those cartomizers.

i uploaded a few pics of a decomposed VR4 / G120 to show how easy these are to clean and reuse. some may even replace the fibres and coils easier than with any other atomizer.

the parts:

main.php

the coil, see what i mean with easy to clean ?

main.php

Originall VR4 / G120 vs Mod Shell with Cigar Mouthpiece

main.php

again but this time on BullyXtreme VR4 and cheap Modbox

main.php

ok, that was my little teasing update to the most underrated cartomizer :evil:

satoshi

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
NJ
Kelemvor, what would happen if you just stuck a syringe in the mouthpiece end to deliver juice? It's a cool setup, but I'd be scared of damaging the expensive cartomizer trying to mimic what Scherdel does in that video.

I figure I would still get more use out of the cartomizer that way even if I didn't worry about opening and cleaning the coil.

I want to try an e-cigar, was thinking the 701/4062 but this looks cooler.

Last edited:

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
mouthpiece - yes, but not from the front, there is no way. and not from the mouthend, you would get liquid in your mouth too easy, because you had to punch a hole through the white cart.

the cart opening is exactly where the red band begins ends, add 5mm towards the connector and you have the spot to punch/bore a hole diagonally to hit the cart.
this way you are able to refill but get no juice in your mouth, and to minimize leaking you can seal it with a sticker.

i hope i was clear enough, otherwise i will upload a picture where a red dot hits the spot ;)

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
hi Vaporer,

It is just a DSE701 mouthpiece screwed on the shell, sometimes i even use the 701 cart with it. its not that big as the G120 cart, but is easier to change between refills.

the shell is called "Nubsi" :D and is manufactured by bulli-smoker.de
but keep in mind, its only the shell. you have to "insert" the G120 Atomizer yourself

depending where on Earth you live, you may order directly or search for a supplier for Bulli-Smoker equipment. or as it looks for me ( i looked at your profile), just build your own :2c:

btw, out of the G120 design already awakened a fully user serviceable atomizer.
i got one A1, wire and fibres, to be prepared if the chinese may stop producing atomizers completely.

http://www.bulli-smoker.de/zubehoer2...vr4-nubsi.html

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Thanks for the replies.
I'm in the USA. I've got a couple DSE701's and like the size and weight. Had to rebuild both. I also have one of the Runyan versions, which is supposed to be better, put away unused as a fall back.
I havent had to rebuild a coil on the G120 yet. Its easy to clean and maintain. I just don't care for the large round tip size. I'll probably sacrifice one plastic shell, make a larger opening that the 701 tip will thread into. I can remove the collar from the 701 tube to use as a nut if needed inside.

I had seen this a while back and just imagined that tip being more suited for me on the G120. Nice to know of the replacement unit. Definitely something to look into.
The simplicity of the no solder coil replacing will benefit many. Once I have a coil failure, the same design may be able to be implemented on the original cart.

Appreciate the info.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
look at this vaporflow sells it YouTube - Bulli-Smoker A1
wow! this is one of the coolest thing to come up lately! thank you for posting this.:thumbs:
i couldn't find the A1 at vaporflow just the buli PV and i think its made for 510 or 901 the ones they sell. do adapters exist?
if im to make one of these on my own i should be ok (healthwise) as long as im using lead free solder, right?*looks at vaporer direction*
will work. done already and perfected on the german ERF board. even without screws, just plug-in coil.
id like to thank you too for sharing your findings! ive been at the deutch forum but i dont get what they saying and couldnt find the "modders section". i think they were all raving about how the german soccer team is great and how it has GREAT chances of winning another world cup :lol:
are you allowed to post a link and if not would you PM me the link to it?

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
the mod section is one of the few boards that are invisible without registration.

to build a plug version out of the G120 ( VR4 ) Atomizer look here :Elektronisches Rauchen Forum

i can't find the post where it was done on the A1, but it has to do with removing the screws and pluging the crimped coil/fibre combo into the threads. but this may hurt the threads for the coil on the A1 over time. so its on everyones own risk.

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
i will not speak about the german soccerteam until we won the final :D

maybe you hit one of the special security traps there, and are always sent back to the soccer discussion ;).

maybe i find some time and do it here, and make some photos. no promise or timeframe, sorry.

[edit] as i said, remove the screws and crimp the end of the coils with...how are these spelled...those tiny little tubes you press on wires to make a better electrical contact...wire ferrules i hope is right for 0.75mm² wire.

http://www.e-rauchen-forum.de/showthread.php?tid=11829&pid=201175#pid201175

wow, a few more posts like that and i may actually improve my english.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread