Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
VENDOR: NA, resold increasingly across multiple ECF vendors

ITEM / MODEL: G4 cartomizer 510 2.5ohm

CONCLUSION:
This appears to be a revision of the Vortex and as an improvement on that system it's definately a winner. However, when compared to my old tried-and-trued Boge 2.5ohm equivalent this just doesn't cut it. Tight draw, a bit of a cumbersome tip, and mildly disappointing vapor production. I grade it a C+ and probably won't repeat buy. -Magnus

ECF CREDITS: Levitas for storming in on this with me. Bruce from COV for early information and good pictures. Liberty Flights for getting these to me ASAP with some great Cola juice to try. (Have another order w/ COV I placed later that includes these too. COV always ships quickly as well, don't think I'm favoring the ~G4s~ from one vendor over the other.)

---

I'm going to be all over the place here but lets get right to it..... I filled four of these with four different juices that we vape regularly. An all VG, a 90/10 VG/PG, a 50/50 VG/PG, and a 30/70 VG PG. I also filled a 2.5ohm Boge, a 3.0ohm Boge, and a 2.6-2.8ohm CE2. Vaped all over them at 3.7V for this round.

Two initial warnings before we could even vape:

1) When you put the tip back on notice it has 7/8 ridges. Twist and squeeze it into the body of the cartomizer so only three or four ridges are above the lip. This snug fit will make it pocket-safe(r) and less annoying.

2) Do NOT use a drip-tip unless you have some CE2 washer-plugs to use under them and fit snug around the center-pipe. Otherwise you're begging for leaks and juice in your mouth.

So the positive was really that we experienced flavors of the VG heavy juices in ways we had not before. They were fuller flavored and more true to what you'd expect. That really was a big positive here and I finally experienced a Cola flavor properly and BWB Malty was so much more flavorful through this cartomizer. I'd say the improvement over other cartos in this realm is the only reason I'm keeping these and considering keeping a few new ones on-hand.

It should also be said that I'm the magician of leaks and these didn't leak for me while I manage to make 1/2 of my CE2s leak from day one.

That's about it though... they're kinda nice looking I guess. And they do outperform my prior Vortex experience but that's not saying much.

The nuetral-ish comments are that at 2.5ohm it definitely feels cooler than any other 2.5ohm. More like what I get out of the Boge 3.0ohm. And the body is wider that steel cartos so it doesn't fit as nicely on slightly recessed 510 connects like the Precise or Chuck. It restricts the air-flow so to get the full vape I had to use a 510-510 neck. And even with the 510-510 next the draw was MUCH tighter than the Boge and CE2 cartomizers.

Actually, I'd go as far as saying that Precise users MUST use a neck to make these works.

The negative is that vapor production and throat hit aren't as good as the Boges. The CE2s aren't as good as the Boges either but they are a bit better than the G4s. And combine that with the cost of these and I can't find enough reasons to buy these over Boges that cost 25% to 50% less per pack. (A quick side-note, I did try just the G4 at 6V too and they were better but not a huge difference.)

With all that said I actually do consider these better overall than any clear CE2 I've tried (including the Fluxomizer). Mostly because they produce a better flavors and through my intentionally inflicted abuse these didn't leak. For a clearomizer that's a marked improvement...

This is all in about four vape-hours of review time so I'll update later but I thought I'd post this for people who, like me, always fall back to their Boges. And I'm gonna say it's not worth trying these yet but maybe another revision and we'll be a-OK. -Magnus

UPDATE: For ~me~ dual-coils just mute flavors whether tobacco based or not. I just don't like the ones I've tried so far (SMOKtech). And these G4s are gravity feed / micro-wicking so reclined/bed vaping just doesn't work.

UPDATE TWO: At 6V these haven't burned the juice yet and the vapor and throat hit are quite a bit better. However, I'd want to get a lot more juice through it before saying they're better than a C+ at 6V.

UPDATE THREE: Another all-nighter and many hours vaping these G4s later...... at 3.7V these continue to break-in and do well on lighter flavors. I'm starting to thinking really full-flavored tobacco mixes aren't for this cartomizer at all. After some more use at 6V it just got rank and intolerable. Since I'm almost exclusively 3.7V I'm liking these a touch better now but only a touch.

Last edited:

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Another all-nighter and many hours vaping these G4s later...... at 3.7V these continue to break-in and do well on lighter flavors. I'm starting to thinking really full-flavored tobacco mixes aren't for this cartomizer at all. After some more use at 6V it just got rank and intolerable. Since I'm almost exclusively 3.7V I'm liking these a touch better now but only a touch. -Magnus

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
I ~just~ updated... these didn't last at 6V and I wouldn't use them again at anything higher than the 3.7 I was having luck with. -Magnus

I think these things just totally suck! Two of the 5 leaked for some unknown reason, one just after filling I sat it on the table and had a nickel sized puddle after 5 minutes, the other leaked overnight while laying flat, both with the same pg juice. The others just destroy my juices, making them taste quite nasty. I don't understand why because at 1st on 3.7 the flavor was good, then I tried them on 5v but that was nasty, now they're all nasty even on 3.7v.
I'll not buy anymore of these and would recommend you all just don't bother. Sorry so negative, but I'm getting tired of buying junk.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I think these things just totally suck! Two of the 5 leaked for some unknown reason, one just after filling I sat it on the table and had a nickel sized puddle after 5 minutes, the other leaked overnight while laying flat, both with the same pg juice. The others just destroy my juices, making them taste quite nasty. I don't understand why because at 1st on 3.7 the flavor was good, then I tried them on 5v but that was nasty, now they're all nasty even on 3.7v.
I'll not buy anymore of these and would recommend you all just don't bother. Sorry so negative, but I'm getting tired of buying junk.

Thanks I will hold off until I actually read a good positive review...so far folks are saying they are pos carts....I will stick with my duals and ce2

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
In what can only be described as a cruel joke I cracked open the last box of G4s to continue the review process. In the last box four of five G4s were DOA. One of them dead by crushing which looks like it must have been done before it was packed or during packaging. The box was unharmed.

And one, just one, G4... That. Is. Perfect.

Perfect. And I mean just that.. if all fifteen I got in this order were this way I would've put a A or A+ on the review. This is so bloody frustrating. The draw was just right for me, the vapor was huge, it worked on the Precise w/o a neck, and no leaks. I was so surprised by this perfection that I washed it out three times to try it with four different juices. It. Was. Perfect.

I'm now more miffed than I would've been if all five in that pack were duds. The fact that they can exact a G4 this well and I only got one of them makes me want to scream bloody murder. Thank is all. -Magnus

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
In what can only be described as a cruel joke I cracked open the last box of G4s to continue the review process. In the last box four of five G4s were DOA. One of them dead by crushing which looks like it must have been done before it was packed or during packaging. The box was unharmed.

And one, just one, G4... That. Is. Perfect.

Perfect. And I mean just that.. if all fifteen I got in this order were this way I would've put a A or A+ on the review. This is so bloody frustrating. The draw was just right for me, the vapor was huge, it worked on the Precise w/o a neck, and no leaks. I was so surprised by this perfection that I washed it out three times to try it with four different juices. It. Was. Perfect.

I'm now more miffed than I would've been if all five in that pack were duds. The fact that they can exact a G4 this well and I only got one of them makes me want to scream bloody murder. Thank is all. -Magnus

Damn, that is frustrating. I guess there is some hope after all though. I will consider revisiting a later revision of these then. Thanks for the review.

hyperfluous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011
I just got them in the mail today from wordup ecig after ordering them over the last weekend.

First one i unpacked and tried, I filled with want2vape mystical menthol at 18mg on my 650 mag ego passthrough. I did not make any adjustments to the hardware and filled it up about 2/3 full and was able to vape right away. I did not get any leakage out the bottom and while I could see a bubble in the tube and had fun playing with it by pressing on the tip, I have not gotten any juice in my mouth. The tip it comes with is comfy but comes off easily as attached by default. I was able to put on a 510 drip tip with oring from totally wicked as shown and its fine. Its not as perfect of a fit as on an atomizer but it seals the edge and the inner tube enough to prevent leaks. It does wiggle and comes out easy enough to doubt it would be pocket friendly upside down. As I keep using this with the drip tip I have no problem with it leaking juice while laying it on its side or pulling juice while taking a drag.

While a straight menthol vape isnt something to test how well this device handles subtle flavors, I am fine with its performance. Coming from dripping on a 510lr, the vapor isnt as thick and warm but it does warm up on the second draw of a chain vape.

I plan on filling it without cleaning it with some campfire coffee and see how well it transitions and performs on a dark juice.

IMG_0797.jpg IMG_0799.jpg IMG_0798.jpg

Last edited:

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
I just got them in the mail today from wordup ecig after ordering them over the last weekend.

First one i unpacked and tried, I filled with want2vape mystical menthol at 18mg on my 650 mag ego passthrough. I did not make any adjustments to the hardware and filled it up about 2/3 full and was able to vape right away. I did not get any leakage out the bottom and while I could see a bubble in the tube and had fun playing with it by pressing on the tip, I have not gotten any juice in my mouth. The tip it comes with is comfy but comes off easily as attached by default. I was able to put on a 510 drip tip with oring from totally wicked as shown and its fine. Its not as perfect of a fit as on an atomizer but it seals the edge and the inner tube enough to prevent leaks. It does wiggle and comes out easy enough to doubt it would be pocket friendly upside down. As I keep using this with the drip tip I have no problem with it leaking juice while laying it on its side or pulling juice while taking a drag.

While a straight menthol vape isnt something to test how well this device handles subtle flavors, I am fine with its performance. Coming from dripping on a 510lr, the vapor isnt as thick and warm but it does warm up on the second draw of a chain vape.

I plan on filling it without cleaning it with some campfire coffee and see how well it transitions and performs on a dark juice.

View attachment 41237 View attachment 41238 View attachment 41239

Be sure to post how they work with the CampFire Coffee. My G4's should arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Just got one from LF and it works well with standard and XL 808 batteries. No leaking so far. The only problem is I burned it a little bit with a 5V PT (just pushed a switch ones). Black build-up is sitting on the coil now and the juice is slightly burned down too. But it still works. I've been chain vaiping for about half an hour and the carto stays just lukewarm. The vapor is not so hot and too much airflow(I think because the carto is wide than battery and I can see air bubbles in path-trough tube).
Like a soft flexible tip.

Last edited:

richham3

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Taylor, Michigan
I got a pack of 510's from COV yesterday and am on my third fill on one and could not be happier. No leaks and mouthpiece fits much better than originals. Vape and flavor have only gotten better on each fill. Have tried on a 3.7 SLB ego battery and a regular ego battery and I actually think they it works better on the regular battery. Vaping Icy Cold Menthol from Goodejuice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread