• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Gaaaah! Atomizers dropping like flies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Just a little venting here. :mad: :(

What is up with 510 atomizers? The first 2 I had lasted from mid April through mid July or so. Since then, I'm lucky to get a month. I try cleaning, not cleaning, dry burning, not dry burning. I usually soak in PGA, but I've tried denture cleanser too. I'm about to try vinegar. But none of that seems to matter, since I rarely cleaned my first two.

Does dripping just normally gunk your atties into oblivion more quickly?

Egadz. I just ordered 5 more. If I can't resurrect one of my 4 functioning 510 atties, I'll be making do with CE2 cartos until those get here. (I like the LR306, but I think it's responsible for the premature death of one of my eGo batts -- in a couple months, I think I'm going to get a Mako.)

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
I've bought from ecigsupply, cignot, midwest vapor, freedomsmoke USA, and wordup. All purportedly genuine Joye. I got a Magma "510" from Mike, and it's a great dripping atty, but didn't last long. The 2 I got from WordUp are their branded atties, which I suspect are the same as a Janty Dura; 1 of those I think I fried in a dry burn, and the other could be salvagable, as the resistance is still 2.1.

I really wonder if it has to do with dripping. I started using a drip tip sometime in June, and atties started crapping out sometime late July.

Last edited:

Klute

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
I just picked up some bridge-less attys to drip with. I was always nervous to drip with a regular atty. I figured the regular attys where designed to be wet/moist all the time with the filler. Some of the posts scared me out of using a LR's with my eGo battery a while ago. I am sticking with the basics for the eGo. So far 3 months and still have the same attys and batteries going strong. Just a little ejuice de-lamination on the paint...

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
I think you have to be careful dripping making sure you dont vape it dry. Its easy to do with a LR306 since it is very tought to get 3 drops in the 306 before it spills out, especially higher vg juice. But the 306 is the bomb once you get used to the dripping style. you have to use a drip tip with an ego. I have been using the cover it came with, without the cone.

I just put away on that I used for 2 weeks and it still works fine, but I was in the mood for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread