gadgetgeeks.ecrater.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lami13

Feb 29, 2008
I was wondering if anybody has tried any of their products, it says that it is from safesmokes.net; but where does safesmokes.net get their e-cigs from?

I purchased the bundle package because I my credit card company wouldn't authorize purchases from e-cig :cry:

Let's hope this product is okay.

BTW- I am new to this forum, I am a 20 year old college student from Wisconsin. I currently smoke about 1/2 a pack of Marlboro Lights a day. My g/f dislikes my smoking habit and tried to purchase some e-cigs for me- her card didn't work, so I tried mine and above result happened. I would like to quit as I have only smoked since the 7th grade (13 years old??). I was one of those bad kids back in the day... lol.

P.S. How would I be able to purchase e-cigs from e-cig.com or any other non-US based retailers? Can I sign up for a special credit card that allows international transactions?

Thanks for any replies and wish me good luck with my (hopefully good) purchase.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hi Lami,

It's odd that your credit card won't be accepted by e-cig. I can only assume that there is some sort of block on it. Apparently Visa cards are much more widely accepted than Mastercards for this sort of transaction. AmEx cards are often refused by the seller because of the costs involved in processing the transaction.

As for the mini-cig, I would say that it is similar (or the same) to the type offered by e-cig. It is probably a bit lower quality than you could get elsewhere, but it should work ok.

As you have probably found out by now, there are masses of companies selling cheap e-cigs, and they are all the same product - They simply order a number (say 100) from the OEM manufacturer in China and their branding is put on it. Some are better quality than others and from what I have seen so far, I would say the more you pay, the better quality a device you will get (make sure you get a warranty as well).

The sales blurb on the gadgetgeeks site is a bit on the high-pressure side, if you ask me. Always puts me off! I love this headline: "This Thing Is The MOST ADVANCED Micro Electronic device EVER", I mean really? What, more advanced than cellphones?

Hope that helps,

SJ

lami13

Feb 29, 2008
That's the thing about e-cig.com!!!

I gave them TWO Visa numbers and both of them were rejected, but somehow they still managed to charge me 1.00 USD for running the cards through with their bank. It was odd... and somewhat unfortunate. If my initial impressions of e-cigs are greater than what I am expecting, I will just ask a friend who has a Chinese Bank card to order it for me. There is no way they can deny that card!

Thank you very much for the reply!

woody

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2008
lami13 said:
I am going to be getting my product tomorrow as tracking said that it was in the post office of the city in which I live in. I will post my first impressions on the product, and e-smoking in general. I have figured that if I believe enough in this way to stop smoking, I'll at least try to quit via the placebo effect!

There is no question of relying on a placebo effect to quit smoking with the e cig. You are simply replacing one form of nicotine for another reduced risk alternative form of nicotine. However, it is a fact that you won't need to stand outside in the cold and rain with the e cig and it won't upset anyone by producing pesky smoke. You won't cough any more and you will smell a lot sweeter! At the end of the day though, you will still be a nicotine addict.

lami13

Feb 29, 2008
Okay, after an amazing 24 hours with this product I can safely say that I am not a huge fan of this counterfeit brand of e-cigarette.

There is an amazing lack of smoke compared to all the e-cigarette videos on youtube, smoke is fine for the first ten or twenty puffs... come back to the product, blam, no smoke.

The smoke tastes pretty "burnt" also with a hit of sweetness, I'm not a big fan but the taste is the only thing I can deal with. Now I'll just have to save up my nickel and dimes to buy an NJOY (in which I read amazing review of... too late!) or cough up the bones for the Ruyan (which I haven't read a review for... but so dearly want).

So I have learned my lesson, never buy from a no name company. The product is so bad, it didn't even help me in its primary function... help me decide if e-smoking would help me quit!!!

:evil:

lami13

Feb 29, 2008
I finally coughed out the cash and bought a Ruyan V8... it was a pricey purchase, but I actually noticed through all my huffing and puffing of Brand Y E-Cig I only smoke 2 cigarettes the whole day!!!

I got the gift set with the 50 cartridges, and I am very excited to get it in the mail!!! Reviews within the week after I get my purchase. I didn't really review the non-branded e-cig as everybody here seems to smart enough to not purchase one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread